Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, February 24, 2020, 10:48am
Big Queues And Online orders, could we sell out in a day?
Posted by: aldi_01, February 24, 2020, 11:58am; Reply: 1
Could do but it depends how many ST holders we have against the amount of tickets available.

I know 4 ST not going so that’s 4 available if they go on general sale or whatever the next phase is...
Posted by: pizzzza, February 24, 2020, 12:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from aldi_01
Could do but it depends how many ST holders we have against the amount of tickets available.

I know 4 ST not going so that’s 4 available if they go on general sale or whatever the next phase is...

I reckon most will be gone in the first phase. I know not all STHs go away but I bet most will be giving their stub away to friends and family that ask for them. At the Morecambe game I asked a few of the old boys who sit around me if I could have their stubs since I needed a few extra for mates, managed to get a couple.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 24, 2020, 12:29pm; Reply: 3
Agreed.

Be interesting to see how many ST we actually have...I suspect it’s a little more than how many tickets we have.
Posted by: Croxton, February 24, 2020, 12:46pm; Reply: 4
System overload! It took me an hour to get through to the ticket office and then the system crashed. Excellent customer skills from the lady who took my call. Details entered again got me into the family stand where I have a chance of seeing a ball kicked. Online process did not seem to have this facility and my login failed again. So even STH's having some temporary jitters.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 24, 2020, 12:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Croxton
System overload! It took me an hour to get through to the ticket office and then the system crashed. Excellent customer skills from the lady who took my call. Details entered again got me into the family stand where I have a chance of seeing a ball kicked. Online process did not seem to have this facility and my login failed again. So even STH's having some temporary jitters.

Online club shop is having issues not recognising log in details...quicker to set up a new account, I've just done that and got my tickets with no issues..
Posted by: mimma, February 24, 2020, 2:21pm; Reply: 6
I've got the GTFC app on my phone.

Once I remembered my password it worked fine for me.
Posted by: ska face, February 24, 2020, 3:13pm; Reply: 7
300 left at 2:30pm, so if you’re planning on going after work or tomorrow, probably ring up instead.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 24, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 8
System overload. Confusing options...it’s like this discussion has been had in another post...
Posted by: pizzzza, February 24, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 9
For those that miss out this website has tickets available: [url]www.sufctickets.com[/url]  ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 24, 2020, 5:39pm; Reply: 10
Booked our 3 just after 9am on line. No problems, confirmed before 11am.  :)
Posted by: lukeo, February 24, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 11
Just been onto their ticket site.. Provided you're going too just watch the football and enjoy the day I can't see why you can't get tickets near the town fans in thhe home end. It let's you do it without any hastle and their are loads of seats available.
Posted by: Poojah, February 24, 2020, 8:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
Just been onto their ticket site.. Provided you're going too just watch the football and enjoy the day I can't see why you can't get tickets near the town fans in thhe home end. It let's you do it without any hastle and their are loads of seats available.

I guess the simple answer is that you can’t differentiate between those who want to go, keep their head down and watch the game and those liable to start trouble.

I don’t know about Scunny’s system, but most clubs require a previous purchase history in order to process tickets for sensitive matches. You may get away with it if, like yourself, you have a non-GY address but expect them to have some sort of measure in place to prevent there being 2,000 Town fans in home areas.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 24, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from lukeo

Really from my last visit I remember there was a group of there idiots in the side stand close to the away stand baying for our blood,( they may have got murdered if the town fans could have  got through the security fence ) but even so would not advocate going in there
Posted by: LH, February 24, 2020, 8:24pm; Reply: 14
Luke’s been away with Scunny before so he’ll be fine. ;)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 24, 2020, 9:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH

Oh that makes it ok than Lukeo will protect you all.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), February 24, 2020, 10:09pm; Reply: 16
Dam, just went to get a ticket on-line and out of stock. Pretty crap, looked earlier at work and you needed a code from your season-ticket book so had to wait until I got home tonight.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 25, 2020, 1:30am; Reply: 17
Have no problem going in the home end if you have to. I sat in the Booby Moore stand when Laws scored, I mean I was shitting it but I’m still here.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 25, 2020, 3:38am; Reply: 18
Has everyone had their jabs?
Posted by: aldi_01, February 25, 2020, 7:19am; Reply: 19
Even in the scunny ticket office they’ve been funny fornicators by all accounts.

Scunny supporting mate has ST but brother doesn’t due to work, he’s lived in Grimsby all his life, brother had ST up until 2/3 years ago and they wouldn’t sell him one initially, got all pissy.

Ludicrous that your address should even be questioned...

I suspect there’s gonna be a waiting list by dinner time today, does our online service recognise when it’s reached the allocated number?
Posted by: lukeo, February 25, 2020, 7:57am; Reply: 20
Quoted from LH

😂 Seriously im going to take that to my grave aren't i?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 25, 2020, 8:03am; Reply: 21
Note to SUFC......

......Squeeze (although it will not be a tight one) the home fans into one stand and we will fill the rest for you.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: aldi_01, February 25, 2020, 8:37am; Reply: 22
I mean I don’t believe we’d fill their ground but I am concerned that some fans may have bought tickets online last night but they’ve actually sold out...

Seriously, does our online system actually know when we’ve sold out. I remember a game last year when a ‘waiting list’ was created because it just kept selling tickets when there weren’t any available.

In scunnys defence I suspect Humberside’s finest have likely suggest they aren’t to give us anymore...
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 25, 2020, 9:46am; Reply: 23
Quoted from aldi_01
I mean I don’t believe we’d fill their ground but I am concerned that some fans may have bought tickets online last night but they’ve actually sold out...

Seriously, does our online system actually know when we’ve sold out. I remember a game last year when a ‘waiting list’ was created because it just kept selling tickets when there weren’t any available.

In scunnys defence I suspect Humberside’s finest have likely suggest they aren’t to give us anymore...

I don't know the answer to this but would suspect that until you receive a confirmation email response to your online ticket request, don't expect to have a ticket.

I bought mine online yesterday and received a confirmation email which does mention collecting them so I expect that these are confirmed.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 25, 2020, 9:50am; Reply: 24
I agree, I believe they took them off sale as they process each order manually (remember when people said we didn’t need to improve the ticketing system).

I suspect most have their confirmation email but it does highlight that a digital system would be more useful in these situations.

I guess that that wanted to go will be going, plenty of people without STs know people with them.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, February 25, 2020, 10:27am; Reply: 25
Quoted from aldi_01
I agree, I believe they took them off sale as they process each order manually (remember when people said we didn’t need to improve the ticketing system).

I suspect most have their confirmation email but it does highlight that a digital system would be more useful in these situations.

I guess that that wanted to go will be going, plenty of people without STs know people with them.

Yes my thoughts too. It's the first time I have used the online system and was quite impressed with the ease of ordering. It was only when I got my email, I realised that a degree of manual effort is required after the initial ordering process.

I ordered online for Colchester the other week, very easy and can print the ticket immediately.

Hopefully these type of things are on the wish list for when the new ground arrives.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 25, 2020, 11:55am; Reply: 26
Well, I'll be a bit more than p!ssed off if I don't get mine, paid online at 2pm yesterday, money gone out of my bank yet still haven't received a confirmation email!!..
Posted by: pizzzza, February 25, 2020, 11:59am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Well, I'll be a bit more than p!ssed off if I don't get mine, paid online at 2pm yesterday, money gone out of my bank yet still haven't received a confirmation email!!..

Check your junk folder (which is where my confirmation was)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 25, 2020, 12:02pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from pizzzza

Check your junk folder (which is where my confirmation was)

I've looked in there bud, nothing as yet...😔🤔
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 25, 2020, 12:08pm; Reply: 29
All sorted....rang the shop and they're there.....got to say our office staff are nothing more than superb, unbelievably helpful and so polite....
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 25, 2020, 5:33pm; Reply: 30
I looked in my junk folder and it gave me the scunny squad,
Posted by: ancientmariner54, February 25, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Gaffer58
I looked in my junk folder and it gave me the scunny squad,

Quality! ;😅
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 25, 2020, 10:27pm; Reply: 32
For any of you looking to go in the Scunts home stands get yourself a set of Fancy Dress Billy Bob Teeth Deliverance in the link below, you'll fit in wearing them and don't wash yourself or your clothes for a week, you'll be undetectable to them.  ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fancy-Dress-Billy-Teeth-Deliverance/dp/B0006GK8TQ/ref=pd_sbs_21_5/257-7609197-6876006?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0006GK8TQ&pd_rd_r=fc605b9a-095a-4138-8bda-a2248dc364ef&pd_rd_w=MmiGh&pd_rd_wg=z4z9D&pf_rd_p=96cae456-8d7a-4bc1-91c7-9b20b4dfd7c9&pf_rd_r=W699RP6DBQW4S9FB7W63&psc=1&refRID=W699RP6DBQW4S9FB7W63
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 25, 2020, 11:09pm; Reply: 33
I got three for the Scunthorpe family stand, two 60 year olds and an under 12, next day they rang me, said cancelled and card refunded as on cross reference with GTFC all my details, name / address / phone number / card details registered with Town.
Posted by: Davec, February 26, 2020, 7:18am; Reply: 34
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I got three for the Scunthorpe family stand, two 60 year olds and an under 12, next day they rang me, said cancelled and card refunded as on cross reference with GTFC all my details, name / address / phone number / card details registered with Town.

Isn't this a breach of Data protection/GDPR?
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 26, 2020, 7:20am; Reply: 35
Could you just go down to the ground and pay cash, or do they ask for some ID, but if you have a North Lincolnshire address would that pass?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 26, 2020, 7:24am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Davec

Isn't this a breach of Data protection/GDPR?

Depends on what reasons Town give for having your data. If you’ve agreed to the purpose and if the purpose includes sharing your data with other clubs to prevent the risk of violence then they might not have breached the rules.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 26, 2020, 9:15pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GYinScuntland

This depends on who shared what information about you and if you had signed a consent form for your personal data to be used by either club. If all the information Scunny had was your phone number and credit card details and Town have provided your address and you haven't consented to that then it will be a breach of GDPR. If Scunny have used your credit card details, your name and phone number and you haven't consented to that, this could also be a breach of GDPR.

As highlighted above there can be times when your information can be shared however from the onset you have to be made aware of this and usually sign a document or digitally agree if doing something online. Whether you pursue this will depend on your finances so best to get free legal advice before going forward with it. Anyone who holds information about you is obliged to follow GDPR rules and regulations and for them to share your information they have to have your consent to do this.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 27, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 38
That may be true but this is GTFC and SUFC (who by all accounts are as shambolic as us in these situations) so who knows.

Remember when Mr Dale was still holding and shared information about fans in banning orders etc without consent?

Not saying worthy club are in the wrong but equally, neither seemingly have a good reputation when it comes to those things...
Posted by: marinerdazza, February 27, 2020, 11:17am; Reply: 39
This is all a bit Minority Report isn't it?
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 27, 2020, 11:23am; Reply: 40
So can I take my flask into Scunny then or not ???
Posted by: BIron, February 27, 2020, 11:50am; Reply: 41
Have you lot got the overspill as well or is it just behind the goal?  

Ticket sales for Scunny are very poor at the moment, a lot of fans boycotting at the moment, disillusioned with where the club are going. Myself personally will be there, hoping we can turn up on Derby Day and complete the double over the Cods.  

It is a shame as after we sold out at your place and the victory we recorded.  There was a genuine   feel good factor around our club, the supporters were behind Hurst and believed he was the right man for us long term.  I wouldn't have been surprised to see a 7,000-8,000 gate. Now i would expect no more than 4,000 Scunny fans there.   Sign of the times i'm afraid but  hoping I can be proved wrong.  

Oh by the way, van Veen has gone  three games without a goal and even  his last one was a penalty against Crawley. He is due a flurry of goals, hopefully it comes against you like last time.  

UTI
Posted by: Garth, February 27, 2020, 12:39pm; Reply: 42
All season tickets of all clubs are pooled info to fight hooliganism across the country, we live in a world where all your personal info is collected from social media where most folk are only too eager to share it
Posted by: aldi_01, February 27, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Garth
All season tickets of all clubs are pooled info to fight hooliganism across the country, we live in a world where all your personal info is collected from social media where most folk are only too eager to share it

This also highlights just how draconian and backwards thinking football is in some aspects.

Pooling that sort of data is completely pointless at attempting to combat anything.

My ST has never been in my name nor my address...
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 27, 2020, 4:35pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from aldi_01

This also highlights just how draconian and backwards thinking football is in some aspects.

Pooling that sort of data is completely pointless at attempting to combat anything.

My ST has never been in my name nor my address...

Given your posts over the last few days I think you've caught Swinitus.  Not sure what the cure is though Im afraid. !
Posted by: aldi_01, February 27, 2020, 4:39pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Civvy at last

Given your posts over the last few days I think you've caught Swinitus.  Not sure what the cure is though Im afraid. !

It does though doesn’t it, I fully understand the effort for ensuring idiots don’t ruin football but pooling ST holders names and addresses and sharing them isn’t a useful measure.
Posted by: oochiad, February 27, 2020, 5:13pm; Reply: 46
Well they have to do something and it’s an easy way that seems to work as some people are saying? Not everyone wants to fight as we know so it is down to the hooligan element that causes these measures and no one else.
Posted by: oochiad, February 27, 2020, 5:14pm; Reply: 47
Not everyone uses a false name and address and I don’t know why anyone would??
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 27, 2020, 6:10pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from oochiad
Not everyone uses a false name and address and I don’t know why anyone would??

Well this is one. If clubs are just going to ignore the law on data privacy.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 27, 2020, 6:15pm; Reply: 49
Nobody mentioned anything about false name and addresses...but knowing the club aren’t water tight on these things it’s understandable as to why folk would...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 27, 2020, 7:24pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from aldi_01
Nobody mentioned anything about false name and addresses...but knowing the club aren’t water tight on these things it’s understandable as to why folk would...

Which would defeat the object of clubs sharing information.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 27, 2020, 9:31pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Which would defeat the object of clubs sharing information.

My point exactly. Seems an unnecessary approach that is unlikely to work at our level.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 27, 2020, 10:42pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from aldi_01

My point exactly. Seems an unnecessary approach that is unlikely to work at our level.

Yeah thought it was. They need a better solution. It’s like the old joke about police intelligence being a contradiction in terms.
Posted by: BIron, March 2, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 53
"Oh by the way, van Veen has gone  three games without a goal and even  his last one was a penalty against Crawley. He is due a flurry of goals, hopefully it comes against you like last time."

UTI

Came off on Saturday with a groin injury, major doubt for Saturday alongside Abo Eisa. Two of our best players out injured, you won't get a better chance of turning us over on Saturday.  Anything can happen in a Derby though.......  Is Hanson injured for you lot? he always scores against us, proper handful.

UTI
Posted by: Chrisblor, March 2, 2020, 1:54pm; Reply: 54
Yep Hanson's also got a groin injury and won't be available on Saturday either
Posted by: Abdul19, March 2, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 55
I have no interest in Eisa (etc)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:10pm