Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 22, 2020, 11:06pm
I'm sure most remember the "Fans Of The Future" campaign earlier this season well I've just received this email.

Quoted Text
Hi Les Brechin,

Fans of the Future has been cancelled.

Unfortunately the project owner did not supply the required documents for us to verify their identity.

All pledges to the project will be refunded.

Kind regards

Team Crowdfunder
Pledge Details
Pledge Amount
£150.00
Pledge Date
09:09 10/08/2019

This was money raised through an earlier Fishy Buster competition so it looks like it'll be coming back to me.

Anyone any more details why this Crowdfunding has been cancelled?
Posted by: livosnose, February 23, 2020, 2:29am; Reply: 1
The person who started it didn’t send in enough details. I’m also getting a refund .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 23, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 2
Got the same e-mail. Disappointing. After the initial flurry of activity before launch nothing seemed to happen once the launch was done.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 23, 2020, 12:52pm; Reply: 3
Felt like it didn't gain initial momentum and quickly died a death soon after. Shame really as I thought it was a good idea. Wasnt someone on here pushing it at the time? Perhaps they could shed some light.
Posted by: Davec, February 23, 2020, 1:12pm; Reply: 4
At the time it did seem like a good idea with best intentions at heart trying to attract more fans in supporting the club but it just didn't get off the ground after the initial enthusiasm and big push it just ebbed away, shame really.
Posted by: It Bites, February 23, 2020, 1:37pm; Reply: 5
I thought it was a poor thought out idea and the tip off the melting ice berg was when they started putting statements out like the one about our stadium manager 👎
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 23, 2020, 2:01pm; Reply: 6
This really should be driven from the club, with projects of school visits like they used to do.

Isn't this something the commercial department should be master of?

Just a few ideas

1. Get school kids to do art work for the match day magazine. (winners get a couple of free tickets for a match) It doesn't have to be front page, just in the match day magazine and getting them and their friends in to Town..
2. You could also get the college and Uni involved with other similar projects.

The main way to encourage the fans of the future is for the club to play a more active role in the community, and aim to bring all ages into BP. Following Town can bring great social interaction, so why not look at a seniors club with spin off events.
Posted by: Green27, February 23, 2020, 7:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm sure most remember the "Fans Of The Future" campaign earlier this season well I've just received this email.

This was money raised through an earlier Fishy Buster competition so it looks like it'll be coming back to me.

Anyone any more details why this Crowdfunding has been cancelled?

It just died a death Les and received far more criticism than I would have ever imagined before it really ever got going. It was hugely off target and though it was discussed if money raised should go to a certain amount of shirts so kids could apply to get one it was decided just to end it. Maybe wrong time, wrong place or the wrong idea entirely. Either way it wasn’t a very enjoyable experience personally.
Posted by: BenBB, February 23, 2020, 7:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93
This really should be driven from the club, with projects of school visits like they used to do.

Isn't this something the commercial department should be master of?

Just a few ideas

1. Get school kids to do art work for the match day magazine. (winners get a couple of free tickets for a match) It doesn't have to be front page, just in the match day magazine and getting them and their friends in to Town..
2. You could also get the college and Uni involved with other similar projects.

The main way to encourage the fans of the future is for the club to play a more active role in the community, and aim to bring all ages into BP. Following Town can bring great social interaction, so why not look at a seniors club with spin off events.

Back when I was at Wybers school as a kid the club used to run after-school Football clubs.

I've never been good at sport and was more than useless but at the end they used to hand out a certificate to the 'man of the match' and it got you a backstage tour of Blundell Park, an autograph book and the chance to get autographs from some of the players. Got one as a sympathy vote I think. Was a right tosh day when I went though with my dad, pissing it down!
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 24, 2020, 12:21am; Reply: 9
To be honest I didn’t know about these emails, I’ve not been a part of the financial aspect of it. But I’m glad people are getting back what was pledged. There is an awful lot I could say about why it failed, things that would both surprise and not surprise. But it did fail despite it being a virtuous endeavour. It has been somewhat overtaken by recent events at Blundell Park and actually those events are what we wanted all along. Indeed, I can say with some confidence that FotF have directly shaped what we are seeing down at Blundell Park. I’m just happy the club  understood what was going on after all we just want the best for GTFC..
If anyone has any specific concerns, drop me a dm and I’ll answer or point you in the right direction.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:03pm