Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner91, February 16, 2020, 4:50pm
Have just parted ways with yet another manager this season. Westley gone, Alex Revell put in charge for the rest of the season. Hopefully the nail in that awful club’s coffin and I hope they rot in non league.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 16, 2020, 4:53pm; Reply: 1
You're hoping to revell in their downfall
Posted by: mariner91, February 16, 2020, 4:59pm; Reply: 2
Excellent work, I doff my cap.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 16, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 3
Thought I'd get it in before they sack him in 3 games time  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 16, 2020, 5:05pm; Reply: 4
Clearing the decks for their return back where they belong. Bye!
Posted by: It Bites, February 16, 2020, 5:30pm; Reply: 5
I don’t like being happy at another clubs demise but Stevenage are an exception. Horrid club
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2020, 5:31pm; Reply: 6
The excrement way they treated our lady fans which is unforgivable, Stevenage can drop and rot in non league.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 16, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 7
When they go down literally nobody will even mention it...like not even a murmer...
Posted by: Abdul19, February 16, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 8
I'll probably chuckle
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 9
Yes they richly deserve the drop.

Be quite a dilemma if, on the last day of the season its them or the Scunts to go down.....

On balance I think I'd rather see Stevenage go down, justice for their dreadful club and thuggish players.

That tells you how much I loathe them!
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2020, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
Much rather it be Scunny that disappear in all honesty but i just dont think there is anyway that is going to happen this season now.
Posted by: buckstown, February 16, 2020, 7:55pm; Reply: 11
I'm in my upper sixties, but if the last day of the season came down to Scunny or Stevenage going down I'd be like a kid at Christmas. The excitement would be just too much and whatever happens you know it's going to be amazing
Think I'd wish for the Scunts though........or maybe not
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 16, 2020, 7:59pm; Reply: 12
I hope they go down both the club and their support are an arrogant set of tw@ts.

I feel for the 500 who used to go to every home game when we first moved here and they where non league but they will get used to it again as they will be back where they belong.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, February 17, 2020, 3:46am; Reply: 13
New job for us Paul in the summer?
Posted by: lukeo, February 17, 2020, 7:15am; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner
Yes they richly deserve the drop.

Be quite a dilemma if, on the last day of the season its them or the Scunts to go down.....

On balance I think I'd rather see Stevenage go down, justice for their dreadful club and thuggish players.

That tells you how much I loathe them!

Have to agree. Plus Scunts will bring a couple more fans than Stevenage to BP.
Posted by: aldi_01, February 17, 2020, 7:18am; Reply: 15
We all hate scunny but seriously though, I’d be more than happy for them to stay up. Stevenage are a pointless club that, as I said earlier, if they went down nobody would even notice.

Get them gone and replaced with someone like Hartlepool or Notts County...
Posted by: WetFlannel, February 17, 2020, 7:32am; Reply: 16
I didn’t originally blame the club as a whole after their treatment of our female fans. I thought ‘it can happen, it’s a few bad apples and we can’t blame their support’, but the disgusting way their supporters were victim blaming young women made me feel sick. Hope they go down and never come back up.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 17, 2020, 9:14am; Reply: 17
As much as I dislike our rivals, Scunny, Hull and Lincoln, what's the point of having them as rivals if we don't get to play them regularly. So Stevenage for the drop for me.
Posted by: diehardmariner, February 17, 2020, 10:11am; Reply: 18
Can't see Stevenage making up ground on anyone, least of all Scunthorpe.

Forget the points overhaul and their recent form, Stevenage were absolutely atrocious a few weeks back here.  Probably the worst side I've seen since we've back in the league.  In fact they were bloody awful at their place, just so happens we were even worse!
Posted by: aldi_01, February 17, 2020, 12:09pm; Reply: 19
That’s my issue, in a system where the team that finishes bottoms goes, logic says they’re the worst and deserve to go, hence it’ll be Stevenage judging performances and their inability to pick up points.

I’d happily play scunny every year and lose to them twice than play Stevenage.

The response to the mistreatment of our fans was embarrassing and their fans just made themselves look like fools. A nothing club that contribute nothing...hope they go down.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 17, 2020, 12:18pm; Reply: 20
Can someone keep me abreast of their steady demise please?  At least  until they go t*ts up.

Posted by: Meza, February 17, 2020, 1:04pm; Reply: 21
Don't forget Macclesfield have points to be deducted yet, so could mean an interesting relegation fight.

I believe Macclesfield are due 10 pts to be deducted.  6 pts for not playing there wnd game that was called and 4pts for the suspended from last time.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 17, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Meza
Don't forget Macclesfield have points to be deducted yet, so could mean an interesting relegation fight.

I believe Macclesfield are due 10 pts to be deducted.  6 pts for not playing there wnd game that was called and 4pts for the suspended from last time.

The league table has already been adjusted to show the 6 points having been deducted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/grimsby-town/table

Maybe the FL are waiting until later on in the season to take the other 4 points off them.... by which time Stevenage may well have lost their league status
Posted by: skegmariner, February 17, 2020, 3:46pm; Reply: 23
And now Russel Slade has been appointed managerial consultant to Alex Revell as if things were not bad enough for them already lol :) :)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 17, 2020, 4:04pm; Reply: 24
With their latest appointment they are now officially fu£ked!!..🤣👍
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 17, 2020, 4:42pm; Reply: 25
They must need a fans forum and a power point presentation on how to defend a corner with 11 men.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 18, 2020, 7:24pm; Reply: 26
Wish I could do linky things but I’m sh1t at such things.
Apparently they are being investigated for postponing a match with Oldham under the 3 international players rule.
I believe only two were in the squads !!!
They truly belong in non league.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 18, 2020, 7:35pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Civvy at last
Wish I could do linky things but I’m sh1t at such things.
Apparently they are being investigated for postponing a match with Oldham under the 3 international players rule.
I believe only two were in the squads !!!
They truly belong in non league.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51545151
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:33pm