Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 15, 2020, 10:31pm

"Morecambe manager Derek Adams believes his side weren't troubled by Grimsby Town, despite falling to a 2-1 defeat against Ian Holloway's side."

Well he must have been to a different game to me.

My nomination for the next "twit of the week"

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-town-didnt-really-trouble-3852754

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 15, 2020, 10:35pm; Reply: 1
We didn’t trouble your team at all Mr Adams. Just 21 shots, 9 on target, 2 in the net.

It’s a good job Macclesfield and Stevenage weren’t troubled either today.
Posted by: hheh2, February 15, 2020, 10:37pm; Reply: 2
Doesn't matter we have the 6 pts  ;)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 15, 2020, 10:42pm; Reply: 3
To be fair he’s probably right about the first half which IH mentioned himself in his post match interview and their 4-1-4-1 did make it really difficult to get the ball forward quickly without going long. But his comments don’t give justice to our second half performance when we ground them down by moving the ball around and could have scored when ball came back off the post, should have scored from Polllocks header inside the six and did score two good goals.

Think his comments are more geared to keep a positive mood in their camp rather than an accurate reflection of the overall game.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 15, 2020, 11:21pm; Reply: 4
Have to give Morecambe credit. They didn't keep going down like some teams. They kept going but to say we didn't trouble them is just wrong. To want a player sent off for handball when it wasn't is a poor excuse. Is that how Adams thought they could beat us if we were down to 10 men.
Posted by: Rik e B, February 15, 2020, 11:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

"Morecambe manager Derek Adams believes his side weren't troubled by Grimsby Town, despite falling to a 2-1 defeat against Ian Holloway's side."

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zJh6dK5.png[/img]
Posted by: mariner tommy, February 16, 2020, 12:01am; Reply: 6
Well we certainly did trouble them...twice !
UTM
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 16, 2020, 12:53am; Reply: 7
why worry , we won
Posted by: moosey_club, February 16, 2020, 1:01am; Reply: 8
i would say for 15 - 20 mins he may be right.....for the other 70 - 75 mins it was pretty one sided from my seat.

D I C K
Posted by: Boris Johnson, February 16, 2020, 1:45am; Reply: 9
well he is wrong then isnt he....
Posted by: MarinerGaz, February 16, 2020, 7:15am; Reply: 10
Likewise they didn’t look like scoring for the full 90!
Posted by: rancido, February 16, 2020, 8:57am; Reply: 11
Well he would say that, wouldn't he!
Posted by: pen penfras, February 16, 2020, 9:53am; Reply: 12
Quoted from MarinerGaz
Likewise they didn’t look like scoring for the full 90!

Take it you left early?  ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 16, 2020, 9:59am; Reply: 13
Funny thing, I’m sure I’ve heard this before ...... yes, when we’d just lost and Hurst/Bignot/Slade/Jolley was doing a post match job saver talk up.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 16, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 14
Has anyone told Adams he will need a trip to spec savers.

Adams has just joined the line of beaten managers who tries to hide behind an inaccurate press match statement to flower over how they were out played. The stats don't lie your Morecambe side took a beating, take pride in that they were resilient.

The last 5 games we haven't lost and got 11 points, Morecambe have lost twice in the last 5 games and got 7 points.
Posted by: Garth, February 16, 2020, 10:39am; Reply: 15
Can't blame him for trying, you say anything defensively when your jobs on the line, especially as only a handful of your own supporters had seen otherwise
Posted by: Billywhiz, February 16, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 16
Well , what can you say to that ? Lol. Maybe he said it in the heat of the moment before he’d seen the stats and reality struck home .
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 16, 2020, 2:20pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from pen penfras

I think he was meaning their  goal came in 90 + 2  mins
Posted by: RonMariner, February 16, 2020, 2:31pm; Reply: 18
Well, looking at the match stats,  if that is what happens to them when they are not troubled, I'd hate to see what happens when they are!
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), February 16, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 19
Probably uses same script writer as that prat from Colchester. ;D
Posted by: Mayaman, February 16, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 20
Kinda laughable really.

- Hendrie's long range shot troubled the keeper. (also had a decent shot in the  first half).
- Keeper parried a shot - luckily (for them) not into the path of a town player.
- Vernam shaved the post once as his shots got ever closer.  (whoever was coming in should have slid)
- Vernam shot bounced onto the post and hit the player on the chest on the line.
- Clarke has a couple of decent shots
- Hanson and Benson - well you know the rest.

I've seen a lot worse sides further up the division than Morecambe but we were firmly in control. I think our current side is turning into one of the classiest .   Best team I have seen is Crewe as much as I hate to admit it as my best mate here is a Crewe fan.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, February 16, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pen penfras

90+2
Technically he is correct 😉
Posted by: grimps, February 16, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 22
It’s great seeing opposition managers having to come up with the excuses for a change
Posted by: ginnywings, February 16, 2020, 3:34pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mayaman
Kinda laughable really.

- Hendrie's long range shot troubled the keeper. (also had a decent shot in the  first half).
- Keeper parried a shot - luckily (for them) not into the path of a town player.
- Vernam shaved the post once as his shots got ever closer.  (whoever was coming in should have slid)
- Vernam shot bounced onto the post and hit the player on the chest on the line.
- Clarke has a couple of decent shots
- Hanson and Benson - well you know the rest.

I've seen a lot worse sides further up the division than Morecambe but we were firmly in control. I think our current side is turning into one of the classiest .   Best team I have seen is Crewe as much as I hate to admit it as my best mate here is a Crewe fan.

Also Pollock's header. Should have scored with that.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:35pm