Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mikoo, February 13, 2020, 4:42pm
Ex Prem ref returning to England. Starting next season will be refereeing l1 and l2 games. Finally might get a decent ref
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), February 13, 2020, 4:56pm; Reply: 1
Good for him. Hope it works out.
Posted by: mimma, February 13, 2020, 5:47pm; Reply: 2
Where has he been?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 13, 2020, 5:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mimma
Where has he been?

Banned for dodgy post taking mick out the disabled I believe but he’s probably had his punishment and is certainly better than most refs we get in L2
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 13, 2020, 6:47pm; Reply: 4
Should never have been sacked. There's not enough good referees as it is without having a very very good one doing nothing for 2 years.
Posted by: mimma, February 13, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 5
Thanks for the update.

If I were a ref I would definitely give Facebook and Twitter and all the other sites a miss. It would be a recipe for disaster.
Posted by: barrattstandman, February 13, 2020, 6:50pm; Reply: 6
He has been refereeing in Norway
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 13, 2020, 6:54pm; Reply: 7
Will be used to the cold weather at BP for a night game then.
Posted by: Swim Shady, February 13, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Banned for dodgy post taking mick out the disabled I believe but he’s probably had his punishment and is certainly better than most refs we get in L2

That he did, It takes one split second to make a mistake, bad decision, or do something stupid which could affect the rest of your own and others peoples lives.
I am sure he regrets what he did and he now has an opportunity to make amends. It takes forgiveness, support and courage to do what he is doing coming back.
In no way do I agree what he did, But I am sure he will do a good job again as a referee.
Posted by: LH, February 13, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 9
The best ref we’d had in years when he did the Chesterfield home game in the Jolley Escape season. That’s probably jinxed us for the Boyeson treatment next time out though. Can see he him getting a lot of derby games and six pointers given his experience.
Posted by: conscorner, February 13, 2020, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
I think his last Town game was the Chesterfield match where we got a late penalty to win the relegation battle in 2017-2018. Good ref
Posted by: Poojah, February 13, 2020, 7:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Having read his version of events, assuming they are accurate, he got hard done by. It was something along the lines of, he’d been the subject of some friendly píss taking about being overweight and coming last in his son’s school’s sports day parents race.

The sports day the following year he happened to be sat in his car when someone who had a severe walking impediment limped past. He took a short video and sent a private WhatsApp message to a personal contact (another parent, I assume) with a caption along the line of “I think I’ve got a chance this year”.

He subsequently had a falling out with this contact, who shopped him to the FA, who forced him to stand down.

What happened next is a fantastic example of the scary power of the internet. On news breaking of his resignation, someone on social media referred to him as a “dog botherer” - a disparaging reference to his affiliation with Huddersfield Town, the terriers.

Next thing you know, the internet goes into meltdown with breaking ‘news’ that Bobby Madely’s been sacked after a video emerged of him supposedly shàgging a dog. A lot of people were taken in by it, such was the velocity with which the non-story spread and his reputation was in absolute tatters.

Yeah, I get it, it’s not nice to take the micky out if disabled people but I’m not sure he deserved to have his life destroyed in the way it was. Pleased he’s been given a second chance, though he’s gonna be in for some stick...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 13, 2020, 9:14pm; Reply: 12
Dog bothered! Imagine being from Hull then. 1/4 million people labelled as goat fiddlers thanks to one perv. 😆
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 13, 2020, 9:37pm; Reply: 13
Ha ha I was going to say isn’t he the guy who got caught shagging a ... he’s done well to come back this soon 😂
Posted by: oochiad, February 13, 2020, 9:52pm; Reply: 14
A great ref!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 13, 2020, 10:05pm; Reply: 15
Keith Lard.  :)
Posted by: Poojah, February 13, 2020, 10:06pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from oochiad
A great ref!

[youtube]WIB_QE9fewg[/youtube]

1:20 in. Took some big balls to give that decision so late on in those circumstances. Imagine what might've been if he hadn't?

Was the right call though.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 13, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 17
As someone with disability in the family, I found his punishment as way over the top. There’s many in privileged positions get away with far worse.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 13, 2020, 10:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

1:20 in. Took some big balls to give that decision so late on in those circumstances. Imagine what might've been if he hadn't?

Cracking atmosphere.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 13, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 19
Great penalty. Rose seemed to knock on in every week at that stage.

Posted by: Mayaman, February 13, 2020, 11:57pm; Reply: 20
A bit harsh.  If the recipient of the post didn't like it  he should have had a word.  Not shopped him.  
Posted by: aldi_01, February 14, 2020, 7:44am; Reply: 21
Should he have made the comment/video, probably not.

If your mates were genuine mates and the my didn’t like it, what should they do? Tell you you’re a nob and ask you to delete it.

Instead that snakey weasel shopped him to his boss and copped a few quid...

Madley will be back on the select group within a season. Always been a steady ref and let’s face it, they aren’t queuing up to do it...
Posted by: RichMariner, February 14, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Poojah

Those red socks just make our kit sing. Love the flash of red among the black and white. Bring them back (again).
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:52pm