Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: paulgtfc, February 7, 2020, 9:18pm
So you score a big derby goal in front of over 1700 away fans. You would of course celebrate in front of them...Why wouldn’t you? Because they are inbreds  ;)

Fair play to Ollie for picking up on the total lack of class shown by our ginger friend for running over half the width of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Lower Findus.  Was actually surprised it wasn’t picked up on here at the time.  

No need to apologise for the ginger pig bit, Ollie...a lot of us would have put it in stronger terms than that  8)
Posted by: aldi_01, February 7, 2020, 9:58pm; Reply: 1
Van Veen essentially doing what every single one of us would do.

Pointless to mention it, it’s gone. I really don’t have an issue with it.

When Clarke slings in the last minute winner at the cow shed who’s he gonna celebrate in front of after they’ve abused him all game...
Posted by: paulgtfc, February 7, 2020, 11:42pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from aldi_01

When Clarke slings in the last minute winner at the cow shed who’s he gonna celebrate in front of after they’ve abused him all game...

If Clarke scores at our end I would expect him to celebrate in front of us, as would our other players.  That’s cos our fans and players have a great rapport. Can’t imagine Scunt players n fans have a similar rapport  8)
Posted by: oochiad, February 8, 2020, 12:40am; Reply: 3
Where did Ollie comment on this please?
Posted by: jaf243, February 8, 2020, 12:46am; Reply: 4
Quoted from oochiad
Where did Ollie comment on this please?

Humberside interview
Posted by: TAGG, February 8, 2020, 1:19am; Reply: 5
Hes a player that shouldn't be playing in this league because of his footballing prowess but I think his attitude stops him from moving higher.
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 8, 2020, 8:10am; Reply: 6
Quoted from paulgtfc
So you score a big derby goal in front of over 1700 away fans. You would of course celebrate in front of them...Why wouldn’t you? Because they are inbreds  ;)

Fair play to Ollie for picking up on the total lack of class shown by our ginger friend for running over half the width of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Lower Findus.  Was actually surprised it wasn’t picked up on here at the time.  

No need to apologise for the ginger pig bit, Ollie...a lot of us would have put it in stronger terms than that  8)

I mentioned it at the time on here and plenty of people had their say too, just not in a dedicated thread, that’s all.
Posted by: woodi147, February 8, 2020, 8:17am; Reply: 7
It took some balls to celebrate the way he did.
Posted by: It Bites, February 8, 2020, 8:31am; Reply: 8
Who cares ? We all love a pantomime villain 🦹‍♀️. With out characters n the game it would be boring . I remember some of Grimsby Towns wonderful fans booing the great Gazza until some  bloke stood up in the pontoon and called them flipping idiots for booing one of England’s greatest .
Posted by: Ipswin, February 8, 2020, 8:50am; Reply: 9
I think van Veen's celebration has already been discussed here

Holloway's poor judgement in making his over the top comment has not

He appears to be human after all
Posted by: Heisenberg, February 8, 2020, 9:26am; Reply: 10
Quoted from It Bites
Who cares ? We all love a pantomime villain 🦹‍♀️. With out characters n the game it would be boring . I remember some of Grimsby Towns wonderful fans booing the great Gazza until some  bloke stood up in the pontoon and called them flipping idiots for booing one of England’s greatest .

I never heard the criticism of Gazza, so I’m surprised at that. All I heard was adoration for the guy, and he clapped the pontoon in response. AND we won!! Great day.
Posted by: It Bites, February 8, 2020, 9:32am; Reply: 11
[quote=120888]

I never heard the criticism of Gazza, so I’m surprised at that. All I heard was adoration for the guy, and he clapped the pontoon in response. AND we won!! Great day.[/quot

He was getting booed and mocked most the first half until that bloke stood up and challenged them
Posted by: golfer, February 8, 2020, 9:46am; Reply: 12
What he said was not really becoming of a football manager.

I would like to apologise on Ollie's behalf to all the pigs reading this forum
Posted by: Abdul19, February 8, 2020, 9:52am; Reply: 13
Think Amond ran to the Braintree fans after he scored that penalty in the playoffs. Players get a bit of stick, they give it back. That's football.

(Mitch Rose at Swindon was my personal favourite  ;D)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 8, 2020, 9:57am; Reply: 14
Quoted from It Bites
[quote=120888]

I never heard the criticism of Gazza, so I’m surprised at that. All I heard was adoration for the guy, and he clapped the pontoon in response. AND we won!! Great day.[/quot

He was getting booed and mocked most the first half until that bloke stood up and challenged them

Dunno where you was sat but all around me The Pontoon sang one Paul Gascoine and rightly so.
Posted by: It Bites, February 8, 2020, 10:09am; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Dunno where you was sat but all around me The Pontoon sang one Paul Gascoine and rightly so.

That was after the guy stood up
Posted by: psgmariner, February 8, 2020, 10:10am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19
Think Amond ran to the Braintree fans after he scored that penalty in the playoffs. Players get a bit of stick, they give it back. That's football.

(Mitch Rose at Swindon was my personal favourite  ;D)

Never understood why Bogle ran over to the FGR fans and did the ear cup to them at Wembley. Doubt he was getting any stick from them.
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 8, 2020, 10:18am; Reply: 17
Quoted from psgmariner

Never understood why Bogle ran over to the FGR fans and did the ear cup to them at Wembley. Doubt he was getting any stick from them.

He will have done well to hear them there were so few of them
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 8, 2020, 11:09am; Reply: 18
Quoted from It Bites

Gazza only came on as sub at the start of the 2nd half!

Or do you mean he was getting abuse from The Main Stand whilst he was sat on the bench?
Posted by: Rik e B, February 8, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 19
I'm surprised the 'taking offence on behalf of others' brigade aren't calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered! 👀

Mind you we all know gingers don't get the same protections as other groups...

#equalrightsforginners
Posted by: Ipswin, February 8, 2020, 12:26pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rik e B
I'm surprised the 'taking offence on behalf of others' brigade aren't calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered! 👀

I think that's a bit extreme but I am frankly surprised that 'Mr Perfect', the man who criticised a chant by the Town fans which he found unpleasant, should make such a remark

Posted by: Spidey, February 8, 2020, 2:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

Gazza only came on as sub at the start of the 2nd half!

Or do you mean he was getting abuse from The Main Stand whilst he was sat on the bench?

You're right, I was at that game v Burnley, I was sat in the Main Stand, when he was warming up as a sub, he got no grief from us, just applause.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 8, 2020, 7:00pm; Reply: 22
Ginger Pig, I bet has been called worse and who cares about Van Veet, sea gulls hate ginger people all you can hear from sea gulls when ginger people are about is gwar gwar.

It's also known that ginger people stink of fox urine and have no soul so he has to live with that. That and never being able to sun bathe and enjoy the look a good tan brings  ;D

I see 8 pale soulless gingers don't like this post  ;D
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:48am