Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2020, 2:14pm
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/ifollow-team-news/

Olly speaking this morning on transfers and team for today, which will be unchanged he says.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, February 1, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/february/ifollow-team-news/

Olly speaking this morning on transfers and team for today, which will be unchanged he says.

Glad Hess made a speedy recovery
Posted by: 137 (Guest), February 1, 2020, 2:28pm; Reply: 2
Grimsby

1 McKeown
    2 Hendrie
    5 Öhman
    25 Pollock
    33 Driscoll-Glennon
    15 Clifton
    20 Benson
    10 Whitehouse
    16 Clarke
    9  Hanson
    18 Vernam

Substitutes

6 Waterfall
    7 Green
    19 Wright
    21 Tilley
    22 Hewitt
    23 Russell
    26 Buckley
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 2:47pm; Reply: 3

Come on Town.

Another tinpot club propped up by a wealthy owner.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 1, 2020, 2:55pm; Reply: 4
looks like they've brought more fans than they brought to Wembley at least
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 5
looks like they've brought more fans than they brought to Wembley at least

What 25 ?  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 6

I've just counted them and it came to exactly 77. 😀
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 3:11pm; Reply: 7

Good block by a Town player, Clifton I think with Macca way out of his goal.
Posted by: Ipswin, February 1, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

Come on Town.

Another tinpot club propped up by a wealthy owner.

A bit like us you mean?   ;)
Posted by: denni266, February 1, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 9
Dont like the way macca goes walk about too far out of his goal,, does it all the time
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 1, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete

What 25 ?  ;D

haha, I thought that was just the kitchen and bar staff with nothing to do on the other end at wembley

were playing some good stuff so far
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 1, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 11
Get in (clap) Vernam makes it 1 - 0 and Crawley beating Scunts 2- 0  ;D
Posted by: Fishy clapper, February 1, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 12
1-0 big V
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 3:25pm; Reply: 13

Get in 1-0 Town

Brilliant lay off by Clarke in the early stages leading up to the goal.
Posted by: denni266, February 1, 2020, 3:27pm; Reply: 14
Woo Hoo . get in there
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 1, 2020, 3:29pm; Reply: 15
Vernam’s out of contract at the end of the season. He’s young and on fire at the minute, he needs a new deal ASAP!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 16

Anyone tempted to sing your getting sacked in the morning 😂
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 17

Commentators curse. 1-1
Posted by: Fishy clapper, February 1, 2020, 3:37pm; Reply: 18
Good goal
Posted by: denni266, February 1, 2020, 3:38pm; Reply: 19
sodomist
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 1, 2020, 3:53pm; Reply: 20
First 25 minutes or so is up there with the best weve played all season was playing some good stuff, looked a bit shell-shocked after they scored but started improving again once they'd calmed down a bit, same again and we'll win I think
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 1, 2020, 3:57pm; Reply: 21
Shocking slow start for both teams like Lord Buckley said neither team could string more then 2 passes together. Town took control and the lead, some fantastic pass and move football on display mixed with strong possession football. Vernam scores a cracker after a brilliant team move. But once again we let a team in, now I don't want to take away from the young man Bailey, what was a brilliant strike and probably their goal of the season, but we did gift it too him by going back to old habbits and having the midfield sit so deep we had a back 7 and gave him all the room he needed to strike the worldy.

Once again Benson and Whitehouse are having great games, alongside Hanson, Vernam and Glennon. Pollock and Ohman looking very solid as well. Can someone please teach Clifton how to pass a ball please though.

I'm looking forward to the second half hopefully we go on to bang in a few more!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 4:13pm; Reply: 22

2-1 them

Get in 2-2
Posted by: Meza, February 1, 2020, 4:14pm; Reply: 23
Haha get in
Posted by: denni266, February 1, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 24
Seems to be a lot of fannying about at the back again like there was on tuesday
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 1, 2020, 4:34pm; Reply: 25
All gone quiet over here.
Posted by: Mayaman, February 1, 2020, 4:38pm; Reply: 26
Hanson is rubbish.  You've all been fooled.  Town are a better team without him.  
Posted by: The_Chief, February 1, 2020, 4:43pm; Reply: 27
They are cranking up the pressure ... Come on Town need to respond.
Posted by: Mayaman, February 1, 2020, 4:58pm; Reply: 28
9 times out of ten that would be a penalty
Posted by: Maringer, February 1, 2020, 5:01pm; Reply: 29
A point probably about right. Hoped we'd push on after the equaliser but we just had no shape after the subs were made and they looked the more likely to score. It's all well and good bunging on 5 attacking players but you've got to have some idea of what you're trying to do with them.
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 1, 2020, 5:06pm; Reply: 30
Feel a bit robbed after we got back in it, in other games were a defender pushes the back of a player in the box and he goes down it's usually a penalty, good effort Town.

In other news the Scunts got a bashing 3-1  ;D
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 1, 2020, 5:33pm; Reply: 31
Well thats a game we deserved to win and didnt, pretty much the opposite of last week were we won and played crap.

Thought most did ok today but im sorry Whitehouse for all his energy is not cutting it for me, far too wasteful.
Mr Buckley it seems is not impressed with with Tilly lad after going on about him for ten minutes. he looks ok to me and has made a step up in division so time will tell.
Vernam had a quiet day but still managed a few good things.
Green really is anither that is struggling, cant control and struggles to direct headers. best days are gone for him im afraid.
All round im not to disappointed as they arent a bad side so a draw is ok.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 1, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 32
We looked really good in spells, it was an entertaining match and when fgr had spells on top we didn't let it last too long, only time the game really slowed down was the last 10 minutes.

We've got more variety in our play now a few moves we were trying and if they start coming together more we'll be really dangerous. Good that you can see what Holloway is trying to do
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, February 1, 2020, 5:38pm; Reply: 33
I like Tilley, he looks a good footballer and thought he did ok when he came on. Impressed with Benson as well, in fact all of the signings so far have definitely improved us. We played some good football today, especially in the first half.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, February 1, 2020, 5:39pm; Reply: 34
What cracking player Glennon is, don’t think i’v spelt that right. But we have some proper players now.
Posted by: denni266, February 1, 2020, 5:43pm; Reply: 35
Still early days yet with new players stepping up and in to a that was struggling team. We will know better in 3 / 4 weeks after everyone has settled in , but on the whole we are going in the right direction
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 1, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 36
Not a bad side. they lost both fullbacks to injury last week and had a centre half and a midfielder in their place, they had only won 1 in their last 6 I think. Clifton needs to stop treading on the ball, Green to actually control a ball and looks like this lad Tilly will take quite a while to get up to speed from his cameos so far, Played ok, some lovely football 1st half and think without their wonder goal we would have gone on to win it.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 1, 2020, 5:50pm; Reply: 37
another cracking post match Holloway interview
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 1, 2020, 5:52pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from denni266
Dont like the way macca goes walk about too far out of his goal,, does it all the time

Often think this thought he was to far off his line for their first but what a strike. Bailey was a real threat.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, February 1, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 39
Watched the game on ifollow, I thought Glennon had a great game particularly when attacking, he really is a threat, it’s a shame Hendie is more defensive minded, there were times when you’re shouting at the TV for him to make a forward run with Clarke on the ball around the halfway line there was plenty of space for Hendrie to run into and to get some crosses in Hanson .
I don’t know whether any of the new players would be able to have a go at right back and make it a bit more of a attacking position than Hendrie makes it
Posted by: Perkins, February 1, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Mayaman
Hanson is rubbish.  You've all been fooled.  Town are a better team without him.  

Do you actually go to games ? FFS.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2020, 5:59pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've just counted them and it came to exactly 77. 😀

You counted one of them twice PP there were only 76 of them  ;D
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), February 1, 2020, 6:01pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from monkeyboy
Well thats a game we deserved to win and didnt, pretty much the opposite of last week were we won and played crap.

Thought most did ok today but im sorry Whitehouse for all his energy is not cutting it for me, far too wasteful.
Mr Buckley it seems is not impressed with with Tilly lad after going on about him for ten minutes. he looks ok to me and has made a step up in division so time will tell.
Vernam had a quiet day but still managed a few good things.
Green really is anither that is struggling, cant control and struggles to direct headers. best days are gone for him im afraid.
All round im not to disappointed as they arent a bad side so a draw is ok.

Tilly didn't look to bad but maybe Sir Alan is thinking BB. Clarke looks a good player. Someone said on here Vernam didn't chase back but he did plenty of times today. We outplayed a well organised side. They have a real threat in Bailey. Overall pleased with the progress Ollie has made. Love the fact Vernam stays up for their corners. 3 on him for one.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 1, 2020, 6:01pm; Reply: 43

https://twitter.com/benrob1988/status/1223640662781788162?s=19
Posted by: Abdul19, February 1, 2020, 6:03pm; Reply: 44
Just the end of the opener unfortunately

https://twitter.com/benrob1988/status/1223627958885027841?s=19
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, February 1, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 45
The new lad we signed yesterday? Sorry, could fill in for Hendrie, as a more attacking option.
Posted by: Maringer, February 1, 2020, 8:48pm; Reply: 46
Hendrie is our best defensive full-back who had a good game today. Why would we replace him with a left-back?
Posted by: Rik e B, February 1, 2020, 8:54pm; Reply: 47
Hendrie is a right back, new lad left 🤔

Hope you've never moaned about square pegs in round holes! 😅
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 1, 2020, 9:00pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
The new lad we signed yesterday? Sorry, could fill in for Hendrie, as a more attacking option.

C'mon off it, Hendrie gets forward all the time, don't forget the lads playing with injured Achilles and still doesn't stop for 90 minutes...I suspect Garmston will push Glennon and cover if he gets injured..
Posted by: Rik e B, February 1, 2020, 9:12pm; Reply: 49
I just had a quick search to see if Garmston could play in the opposite full-back position like Hendrie is able to. The most I could find is that his 'other position' is left midfield so he'd probably be feel quite uneasy on the right side! Don't think it an option in reality.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:57pm