Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 31, 2020, 9:32am
Any signings today?
Grandin?
Robson?
need to sign before 12.00 to play tomorrow
Posted by: Poojah, January 31, 2020, 11:05am; Reply: 1
Ryan Bennett about to sign for Leicester. That’s potentially a great move for him, with the opportunity to play Champions League football next season perhaps.

From Blundell Park to the Bernabeu...
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 31, 2020, 11:19am; Reply: 2
Any signings today?
Grandin?
Robson?

Could be done now, just not announced until later, so don't worry too much if nothing announced.
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 31, 2020, 11:54am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Poojah
Ryan Bennett about to sign for Leicester. That’s potentially a great move for him, with the opportunity to play Champions League football next season perhaps.

Do we get a sell on? 😉
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 4
Any signings today?
Grandin?
Robson?

My understanding is that Grandin has signed but not yet arrived at BP and we are waiting on Sunderland for whether they are prepared to let Robson sign.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 31, 2020, 1:25pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah

He fell out of favour at Wolves but it is not clear if this was because -

a) Nuno the manager doesn’t rate him now
b) he is not one of the 10 or so Wolves players signed with Mendez the agent, 11 if you count the manager
c) he’s English

Posted by: Ipswin, January 31, 2020, 1:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

My understanding is that Grandin has signed but not yet arrived at BP

He's coming by train

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 7
I cant imagine that getting all the way from the Reunion Islands to BP is a simple journey. Now forgive me if Im wrong but I dont think there is a direct flight from Humberside Airport (or ANY flights from HUY come to think of it!!!!!), and itd be a one or two stop journey over with the wife and kid in tow.

Ive just had a look on Flightradar24 at the arrivals and departures for the International airport on the Island, and there are not even any direct flights to the UK, plenty to France, but even then, no flights into HUY. And I cant see Fenty getting a private jet to fly him over. He will probably turn up at BP on a Stagecoach bus with his suitcase and kith and kin trailing behind him.

Hope he clocks in before 11pm.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2020, 2:31pm; Reply: 8
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l2Sqc3POpzkj5r8SQ/giphy.gif[/img]
Posted by: denni266, January 31, 2020, 2:31pm; Reply: 9
will he still qualify for an icecream if he is delayed  ;D and will he be told that its his fault because he didnt tell the pilot/ train driver how important it is to get him here on time   ;D ;D
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 31, 2020, 2:48pm; Reply: 10
Still cant work out why he would leave that little Island in the Ocean to come to our Town and live on a slightly bigger island in the sea
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 11
He was one of the players on the phone to ollie similar to Billy Clarke.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 31, 2020, 3:11pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Still cant work out why he would leave that little Island in the Ocean to come to our Town and live on a slightly bigger island in the sea

He loves ice cream and fish and chips!  ;)
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 31, 2020, 3:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

Possibly with little island comes little salary
Posted by: Maringer, January 31, 2020, 3:53pm; Reply: 14
Perhaps he wants to live somewhere a bit flatter and colder?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2020, 3:59pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer
Perhaps he wants to live somewhere a bit flatter and colder?

But more exotic obviously
Posted by: Mayaman, January 31, 2020, 4:41pm; Reply: 16
I cant imagine that getting all the way from the Reunion Islands to BP is a simple journey. Now forgive me if Im wrong but I dont think there is a direct flight from Humberside Airport (or ANY flights from HUY come to think of it!!!!!), and itd be a one or two stop journey over with the wife and kid in tow.

Ive just had a look on Flightradar24 at the arrivals and departures for the International airport on the Island, and there are not even any direct flights to the UK, plenty to France, but even then, no flights into HUY. And I cant see Fenty getting a private jet to fly him over. He will probably turn up at BP on a Stagecoach bus with his suitcase and kith and kin trailing behind him.

Hope he clocks in before 11pm.

Come on lads.  I am sure someone one can offer him a lift

Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 31, 2020, 6:19pm; Reply: 17
Swansea wing back Declan John has signed on loan for Sunderland - I guess this could free up Ethan Robson to join us?
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 18
Salford really going for it.  I guess FFP doesn't count cos they are rich.
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2020, 6:41pm; Reply: 19
Ethan Robson is staying at Sunderland it seems
Posted by: samg, January 31, 2020, 8:06pm; Reply: 20
Bradley Garmston signs - former Gillingham left back
Posted by: Abdul19, January 31, 2020, 9:04pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Meza
Salford really going for it.  I guess FFP doesn't count cos they are rich.

Aye exactly, because Mr Lim has bought shares.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 31, 2020, 9:11pm; Reply: 22
Man Ure signing Ighalo from a Chinese club, imagine if he infected the squad with this virus thats spreading  ;D
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 31, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Man Ure signing Ighalo from a Chinese club, imagine if he infected the squad with this virus thats spreading  ;D

Yeah.. A deadly disease that has already killed hundreds, spreading through one of the major cities in the UK... hilarious!

Oh the humour!!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 31, 2020, 9:19pm; Reply: 24
Yes but it wont happen, its a joke, lighten up, more people die from infections caught in hospitals than will die from it in this country over the same period of time.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 31, 2020, 9:23pm; Reply: 25
Looks like Macclesfield have picked up a useful lad a midfielder from Southampton U23s. Bit surprised he's gone there on loan although I suppose he'll walk into the team (if they are still actually playing matches that is) We could have used him if Robson isn't coming back
Posted by: Kris2, January 31, 2020, 9:25pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Yeah.. A deadly disease that has anyway killed hundreds, spreading through one of the major cities in the UK... hilarious!

Oh the humour!!

Flu?

Posted by: golfer, January 31, 2020, 9:32pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Madeleymariner

They have all had prix against it
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2020, 9:43pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin
Looks like Macclesfield have picked up a useful lad a midfielder from Southampton U23s. Bit surprised he's gone there on loan although I suppose he'll walk into the team (if they are still actually playing matches that is) We could have used him if Robson isn't coming back

Got a lad From Tottenham on loan too.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2020, 9:46pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from golfer

They have all had prix against it

Plicks?
Posted by: Fishy clapper, January 31, 2020, 9:51pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Plicks?

That’s just wong
Posted by: golfer, January 31, 2020, 9:56pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Fishy clapper

That’s just wong

No33  Flied lice
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2020, 10:04pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from golfer

No33  Flied lice

Careful G, the mods will remove you...🤔
Posted by: SheepGTFC, January 31, 2020, 10:55pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from jimgtfc

Do we get a sell on? 😉

We should get a small percentage of the fee as Bennett is an academy graduate.
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2020, 10:58pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from SheepGTFC

We should get a small percentage of the fee as Bennett is an academy graduate.

I thought it was only the sell on we had with Peterboro?
Posted by: Oly1987, January 31, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 35
He wasnt one of our academy graduates though? he joined us from Ipswich when he was 16 and signed a pro deal?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2020, 12:03am; Reply: 36
Irrelevant anyway as it's a loan deal.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 1, 2020, 12:29pm; Reply: 37
Not the best deadline day for our Mudrat friends over the river losing 2 of their best players in Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 1, 2020, 12:42pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Les Brechin
Not the best deadline day for our Mudrat friends over the river losing 2 of their best players in Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki.

Jarrod Bowen to West Ham in a deal worth over £20m according to the BBC, we can only dream about that sort of money.

Posted by: Rik e B, February 3, 2020, 3:33am; Reply: 39
On Ethan Robson:

[url]https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/manager-explains-collapse-of-deadline-day-move-for-sunderland-man/[/url]
Posted by: SheepGTFC, February 14, 2020, 6:31am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Oly1987
He wasnt one of our academy graduates though? he joined us from Ipswich when he was 16 and signed a pro deal?

Any player on a youth contract i.e. below 17 and signed with our youth team we get money for. Furthermore, we get solidarity payments of anywhere between 1% to 5% depending on how long they trained with us between the ages 12 to 23.

As Ryan trained with us from 16 to 20 and was on a youth contract when he joined us we are eligible for some amount of solidarity payments for him. I would guess somewhere between 1.5% to 2.5% due to the fact we also gave him his debut which entitles us to more of said payments.

With his future fee at Leicester set at £5m that could mean £75,000 to £125,000 for us at a guess. Not a bad figure imo.
Posted by: mimma, February 14, 2020, 2:06pm; Reply: 41
As a matter of interest, when a team negotiates a sell on clause with another team, is this sell on clause also transferred with him so that the first team get a fee from the third transfer and so on?

Always wondered how many transfers a sell on clause is valid.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 14, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 42
So if Leicester pay Wolves £5 million for him we could get about £100k, now I realise why the premier clubs need £100 million a year to survive.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 14, 2020, 3:20pm; Reply: 43
No.  We only get a sell on on the first subsequent transfer
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 7:36pm