Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 29, 2020, 9:08pm
Signs for gillingham and guess what within 40 minutes gets gillingam a penalty.
How come refs constantly fall for his cheating yet Hanson gets his shirt ripped off his back and recieves  no protection game after game
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 29, 2020, 9:13pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Signs for gillingham and guess what within 40 minutes gets gillingam a penalty.
How come refs constantly fall for his cheating yet Hanson gets his shirt ripped off his back and recieves  no protection game after game

Because refs know the rules but f**k all about the game
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 29, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 2
This persistent nonsense concerning fouls on Hanson throughout pretty much every game is getting beyond a joke. It seems as Hanson is a big lad, it can't be foul on him. And every time he tries to win the ball the whistle is blown for a foul against him. I feel for him, I don't know how he keeps calm. It's absolutely barmy.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 29, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from fishboyUTM
This persistent nonsense concerning fouls on Hanson throughout pretty much every game is getting beyond a joke. It seems as Hanson is a big lad, it can't be foul on him. And every time he tries to win the ball the whistle is blown for a foul against him. I feel for him, I don't know how he keeps calm. It's absolutely barmy.

Clearly he hasn’t  learned to throw himself to the floor in a melodramatic fashion like that bigger lad, Akinde when someone brushes his arm.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 30, 2020, 12:34pm; Reply: 4
The Akinde foul on Tuesday was a stonewall penalty.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 30, 2020, 12:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The Akinde foul on Tuesday was a stonewall penalty.

Mud sticks
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 30, 2020, 2:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Clearly he hasn’t  learned to throw himself to the floor in a melodramatic fashion like that bigger lad, Akinde when someone brushes his arm.

But the problem overhanging everyones heads is that Ollie has told them he will not stand for cheating by them hitting the floor everytime a passing seagull farts. Also with the threat of being dropped for a match if he deems it worthy.

Posted by: marinerdazza, January 30, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 7
I thought he was off to Salford?
Posted by: Grim up north, January 30, 2020, 6:29pm; Reply: 8
He was supposed to be in talks to come here but couldn't agree terms .
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 30, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Grim up north
He was supposed to be in talks to come here but couldn't agree terms .

Wonder if this was before Holloway stepped through the door though...think many of our players were looking at jumping ship towards the end of Jolleys tenure...
Posted by: Grim up north, January 30, 2020, 11:25pm; Reply: 10
It was shortly after Olly joined , on Humberside on the way home from work.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 31, 2020, 11:18am; Reply: 11
So what is happening at Lincoln?

I hear they lost £2.2million last season in getting up, presumably through signing the likes of Akinde and paying silly money in wages. apparently they spent £1.5million on players. So at least we now know the price of buying the L2 title.

Are they now cutting back? Has whoever it was funding this club had enough of flushing cash down the toilet?

They made a considerable amount of money on their various cup runs (reckoned to be over a million), and in the fee for the Cowleys from Huddersfield (another million buy all accounts). So has all that money gone now?

This is all guesswork and rumour on my part. Anyone out there have the actual facts?.  

EDIT: Just seen the other thread, which explains everything!
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 31, 2020, 11:39am; Reply: 12
So what is happening at Lincoln?

I hear they lost £2.2million last season in getting up, presumably through signing the likes of Akinde and paying silly money in wages. apparently they spent £1.5million on players. So at least we now know the price of buying the L2 title.

Are they now cutting back? Has whoever it was funding this club had enough of flushing cash down the toilet?

They made a considerable amount of money on their various cup runs (reckoned to be over a million), and in the fee for the Cowleys from Huddersfield (another million buy all accounts). So has all that money gone now?

This is all guesswork and rumour on my part. Anyone out there have the actual facts?.  [/quote]

There's a difference between an owner heavily subsidising a club with a huge pot of non-football related cash, than spending money a club has generated through massively improved gate receipts.  Lincoln pretty much did the latter.  If you have the money coming in legitimately, then you have a larger budget than everyone else.  I wouldn't call that 'buying' the title at all.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 5:02pm