Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2020, 12:15pm
Any news?

Nowt in the papers at the time of posting this.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 29, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 1
Think Ollie mentioned in his post-match interview that it is probably his collar bone. Haven't heard anything since...
Posted by: Abdul19, January 29, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 2
Been dead over 30 years, probably out of the Forest Green match  ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 29, 2020, 12:24pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Abdul19
Been dead over 30 years, probably out of the Forest Green match  ;)

He was never the same after Spandau Ballet. ;).

Posted by: mimma, January 29, 2020, 12:32pm; Reply: 4
They certainly made a few "robust" challenges last night, no chance of winning the ball but letting you know that they were there.

Another one was on Pollock on the halfway line in the second half.

It's how their manager likes his team to play, "never mind the ball get on with the game" mentality.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 29, 2020, 12:41pm; Reply: 5

He was never the same after Spandau Ballet. ;).

So true
Posted by: rancido, January 29, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19

So true

That was a gold observation. He tried to get through the barricades but he was too musclebound. I'll get my coat !
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 29, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from rancido

That was a gold observation. He tried to get through the barricades but he was too musclebound. I'll get my coat !

To cut a long story short, your communication let me down   ;)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 29, 2020, 3:45pm; Reply: 8
Cracked rib.
Punctured lung.
Ligament damage to shoulder and collarbone.

If the ligament damage isn't too severe he might be back for the last few weeks of the season. Probably unlikely though.
Posted by: smokey111, January 29, 2020, 3:56pm; Reply: 9
Sounds nasty and complicated. Best wishes to him

One challenge that amazed me was on the edge of our box in the 2nd half. One of our players totally wiped out one of theirs (can't remember either!!!).  Ref waved play on. During a break in play Pollock and the 4th official seemed to be laughing how crazy the lack of decision was.
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 29, 2020, 3:58pm; Reply: 10
Very difficult to see him back this season and he is out of contract in the summer.

Hope that’s not the last we see of him in a town shirt. Would be a very sad way for the fans to remember their last sight of him on the pitch.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery Hess.

UTMM
Posted by: Maringer, January 29, 2020, 3:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from smokey111
One challenge that amazed me was on the edge of our box in the 2nd half. One of our players totally wiped out one of theirs (can't remember either!!!).  Ref waved play on. During a break in play Pollock and the 4th official seemed to be laughing how crazy the lack of decision was.

I didn't think that was a foul. It was their goalscorer who dribbled past 2 challenges then threw himself over Clifton's leg. Clifton hadn't moved into his path or anything - his just kicked it past then ran into him. Trying to 'buy' a free-kick, I think.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2020, 4:01pm; Reply: 12
The Ref didnt give a great deal all night. If there had been a murder on the pitch he would have waved play on.
Posted by: Mallyner, January 29, 2020, 4:11pm; Reply: 13
Nasty and painful injuries, get well soon Hess.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 29, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 14
How can you call him a ref? secong time in a row he has been worse than bad. needs striking off the list.
Posted by: smokey111, January 29, 2020, 6:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Maringer

I didn't think that was a foul. It was their goalscorer who dribbled past 2 challenges then threw himself over Clifton's leg. Clifton hadn't moved into his path or anything - his just kicked it past then ran into him. Trying to 'buy' a free-kick, I think.

To coin a phrase 'All about opinions' To be fair Maringer you have a clearer recollection as I couldn't remember who was involved! Those around us were just laughing at his totally ineptitude in general.

If it was a dive, I was fooled!!!!!
Posted by: moosey_club, January 29, 2020, 7:02pm; Reply: 16
Speedy recovery to him, to be taken out like that in the first moments of a game usually means the offender gets away scott free as was the case last night, we certainly lost the disruptiveness of the oppositions game that Hess brings but Benson offered a lot more with the ball at his feet.

Hopefully Hess will have no long term repurcussions.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 29, 2020, 7:35pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Maringer

That's how I saw it, said to my mate straight away it was a dive.
Posted by: Maringer, January 29, 2020, 8:30pm; Reply: 18
I'm only surprised that their ponytailed defender didn't blow the whistle himself. He seemed to be trying to referee the game for most of the evening.
Posted by: smokey111, January 29, 2020, 9:25pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer
I'm only surprised that their ponytailed defender didn't blow the whistle himself. He seemed to be trying to referee the game for most of the evening.

Agree. He needed to concentrate on his game. He was a liability.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 29, 2020, 10:12pm; Reply: 20
I’ve been wincing all afternoon thinking about Hess’ injuries. If that was dangerous play by the Brafiddlers’ player I don’t know what is.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 29, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Cracked rib.
Punctured lung.
Ligament damage to shoulder and collarbone.

If the ligament damage isn't too severe he might be back for the last few weeks of the season. Probably unlikely though.

Bloody hell, speedy recovery Hess, with that list of injuries maybe review the footage of the challenge and either put a complaint into the FA or sue for assault.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 29, 2020, 11:32pm; Reply: 22
Sounds horrible, wish him a speedy recovery, will he get a chance to win another contract with us or is that terrible luck at a bad time that'll see him worrying about his income?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 30, 2020, 7:18am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Marinerz93

Bloody hell, speedy recovery Hess, with that list of injuries maybe review the footage of the challenge and either put a complaint into the FA or sue for assault.

Agree with the above. Those are the sort of injuries you get in a car crash, not a reasonable and fair tackle on a football pitch.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 30, 2020, 10:18am; Reply: 24
I have watched that tackle a few times now and how the ref did not send Jackson off is just unbelievable  he had a perfect view of the assault  and should be banned himself the most useless ref I have seen for years, Then he books Clarke for taking his shirt off to show support  to  a player that had just been killed.
Posted by: GrimExile, January 30, 2020, 11:31am; Reply: 25
Totally agree with the first point grimsby pete, no arguments there. Regarding the booking of Clarke I think I’m right in saying that if a player takes off his shirt in celebration then that is a mandatory yellow card. The referee on Tuesday was totally inept but I suspect his hands were tied as regards Clarke’s booking.
Posted by: GTFCH, January 30, 2020, 11:35am; Reply: 26
Couldn’t agree more GY Pete. Total lack of competence and pure common sense shown by the ref in those instances. The challenge was straight out of Kung-fu school! So what if it was 6 seconds in.

Pundits etc. talk about players being off the ground and out of control, not only was Jackson off the ground his knee was virtually at head height when he made contact with Hess.

As Ollie would say; ‘WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU’RE SO WRONG ITS FRIGHTENING!!’
Posted by: Rik e B, January 30, 2020, 2:02pm; Reply: 27
[img]https://i.imgur.com/shFjKke.jpg[/img]

Scum.

Hope they're relegated and rot down there for years.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 30, 2020, 2:30pm; Reply: 28
Idiots!
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 30, 2020, 2:46pm; Reply: 29
I dont wish harm to anyone but Karma is such a fickle mistress. What goes around etc. I hope for Jacksons sake that Stevenage are relegated as I wouldnt fancy his chances playing against Town next season.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 30, 2020, 2:48pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Rik e B
[img]https://i.imgur.com/shFjKke.jpg[/img]

Scum.

Hope they're relegated and rot down there for years.

To be fair, I think the joke is that Stevenage are a physical side and a new signing has made a tackle like that only 6 seconds into his full debut and that shows that he'll fit in there. The joke wasn't that he had injured Jake Hessenthaler.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2020, 3:00pm; Reply: 31
Putting someone in hospital with the injuries that Hess sustained isn't down to being physical, it's reckless and the sort of thing that ends players careers.

Joke all they like, Hess injuries should be investigated, as mentioned above they are beyond the sort of injuries sustained in a reasonable tackle, a punctured lung and cracked ribs, it's assault and should be treated as such.

The ref should never officiate a match again due to his incompetence.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 30, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 32
Is there a video of the “tackle” anywhere, as i’ve Not seen a replay of the incident.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 30, 2020, 6:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Is there a video of the “tackle” anywhere, as i’ve Not seen a replay of the incident.

Match highlights on GTFC website or Matchday moments on you tube although not that good a view on there.
Posted by: oochiad, January 30, 2020, 6:15pm; Reply: 34
It’s clear on the replay the he did not play for the ball at all.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 30, 2020, 6:54pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Match highlights on GTFC website or Matchday moments on you tube although not that good a view on there.

Do you have to subscribe to ifollow to see the highlights on the gtfc website?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2020, 6:58pm; Reply: 36
Ground view of the assault on Hess at 1:42 both feet up at chest height, disgusting a definite red.

[youtube]QXu_fgQSrAU[/youtube]
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, January 30, 2020, 7:07pm; Reply: 37
Cheers for that guys. I’m told it’s on Twitter as well.
Posted by: Meza, January 30, 2020, 7:57pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from oochiad
It’s clear on the replay the he did not play for the ball at all.

yeah, it looks like he's gone to block him with his backside and it would have felt like hitting a brick wall (it happened to me in sunday league lol ouch!!)
Posted by: mariner83, January 31, 2020, 8:47am; Reply: 39
The highlights are on iFollow but are freeview, so you can create an account without having to put in any payment details.

[url=https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/[/url]
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:59pm