Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 28, 2020, 10:39am
Just listened to a tweet by the Gaffa saying that Luke Hendries best friend had just passed away, and he wanted to give Luke some time off, but Luke said he wanted to play tonight.  Top man showing great commitment!  Sorry for the bad news Luke, have a blinder tonight!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 28, 2020, 10:53am; Reply: 1
Glad you started this thread as I haven't had time..
Absolutely top professional and hat off to him.
Condolences to the lads family and hope Luke's okay and can keep his focus, completely understandable if he struggles a bit tonight, anyone with human emotion certainly would struggle to perform normal day to day tasks, let alone put a shift in at work, after the loss of a best friend,
Posted by: pizzzza, January 28, 2020, 12:00pm; Reply: 2
Jordan Sinnott?
Posted by: Withnail, January 28, 2020, 12:12pm; Reply: 3
Most likely - they went to the same school in Ilkley
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 28, 2020, 12:28pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Absolutely top professional and hard off to him.
Condolences to the lads family and hope Luke's okay and can keep his focus, completely understandable if he struggles a bit tonight, anyone with human emotion certainly would struggle to perform normal day to day tasks, let alone put a shift in at work, after the loss of a best friend,

I'm going to be a bit harsh here and say it might be understandable, but not acceptable. That's not a dig at Luke, but  as a manager sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless.  
Don't get me wrong, we've seen plenty of examples in the past where players have had a magnificent game under such circumstances. And fair play to Luke for his attitude and work ethic.
I'm sure he will have convinced Ollie that he is in a fit state to play and he may well be.   But I would have someone on the bench ready just in case.

Best wishes Luke and I hope you have a stormer.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 28, 2020, 12:55pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Absolutely top professional and hard off to him.

How "The one person" can red cross that is beyond me!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 28, 2020, 2:21pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from chipsandgravy

How "The one person" can red cross that is beyond me!

Because all those other trolls who come on here to wind folk up haven't got round to adding another x yet   ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2020, 2:29pm; Reply: 7
He has been carrying a injury for weeks then this sad news and he still wants to play,

What a man !!!!!!

Hope you play a blinder Luke, 8)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 28, 2020, 5:05pm; Reply: 8
Yep soldiering on through an achilles problem too, terrific attitude.
Posted by: toontown, January 28, 2020, 7:45pm; Reply: 9
Sympathies with Luke, must be an awful time for him
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 28, 2020, 10:29pm; Reply: 10
Matt Dean reported that Luke had gone to John Tondeur to apologise for being a bit short with him on Saturday after he’d been a bit short with JT regarding an interview very shortly after being told about Jordan Sinnott. The lad has got real class and I hope he’s here for a long time.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 28, 2020, 10:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Matt Dean reported that Luke had gone to John Tondeur to apologise for being a bit short with him on Saturday after he’d been a bit short with JT regarding an interview very shortly after being told about Jordan Sinnott. The lad has got real class and I hope he’s here for a long time.

Agree completely
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 28, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Says a lot about Luke as a man that he has gone out of his way to apologise.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 1:10pm