Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 28, 2020, 10:23am
Who hell he?

According to JT we are close to signing him
Posted by: Maringer, January 28, 2020, 10:26am; Reply: 1
A search on t'Internet brings up a 32 year old French winger. A while since we've had a "Frenchman" at the club.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 28, 2020, 10:30am; Reply: 2

Played for Ollie at Blackpool and Palace:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Grandin
Posted by: Hagrid, January 28, 2020, 10:33am; Reply: 3
Remember him at blackpool
Posted by: golfer, January 28, 2020, 10:36am; Reply: 4

J'espere qu'il est meilleur que ces Espagnol
Posted by: Ipswin, January 28, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 5
Lets hope he's changed his attitude as he's got (a lot) older!

From Wiki:-

'Subsequently though, Grandin was not included for five matches, after scoring his first goal, and trained with the club’s development squad. Manager Holloway explained his reason for leaving out Grandin as being a bad attitude'.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 28, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 6
Quoted from golfer

J'espere qu'il est meilleur que ces Espagnol

Le chien merde dans la piscine
Posted by: Abdul19, January 28, 2020, 10:55am; Reply: 7
Mickael Buscher-esque spell at Shrewsbury.

How strong is the french fourth division, by the way?
Posted by: jaf243, January 28, 2020, 10:55am; Reply: 8
Was a decent player, although hasn't played a huge amount recently... Currently playing in Réunion just off Madagascar - maybe wants to come back closer to France? Hopefully his legs haven't gone.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 28, 2020, 10:58am; Reply: 9
Quoted from jaf243
Was a decent player, although hasn't played a huge amount recently... Currently playing in Réunion just off Madagascar - maybe wants to come back closer to France? Hopefully his legs haven't gone.

Why would you think his legs have gone just because he is 32?  There are loads of players in the Premier League and the EFL who are over 30 and still have 'legs'.  I don't get this constant tirade about players over 30.

Posted by: golfer, January 28, 2020, 10:59am; Reply: 10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Le chien merde dans la piscine

Ne nagez pas dedans alors   ;D
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, January 28, 2020, 11:04am; Reply: 11
The team he's playing for have had a really good cup run this season:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51114514
Posted by: Ipswin, January 28, 2020, 11:11am; Reply: 12

Who is he going to car share with every day and he'll never get an icecream for being on time on match day

Posted by: Kris2, January 28, 2020, 11:15am; Reply: 13
Quoted from 123614

Why would you think his legs have gone just because he is 32?  There are loads of players in the Premier League and the EFL who are over 30 and still have 'legs'.  I don't get this constant tirade about players over 30.

Goes with the obsession over local lads. Seems a lot of people prefer their lads young and supple. Anyone over 25 is deemed too old  ;D.
Posted by: davmariner, January 28, 2020, 11:36am; Reply: 14
Sounds like a bit of a past it journeyman who hasn’t played much recently.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2020, 11:44am; Reply: 15
https://measuredprogress.co.uk/2010/11/05/a-closer-look-at-elliot-grandin/
An old blog post tells us a little more about him
Posted by: pizzzza, January 28, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 16
Can't hurt to take a look.
Posted by: Sigone, January 28, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

According to JT we are close to signing him

Ethan Robson too
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 28, 2020, 12:03pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from golfer

Ne nagez pas dedans alors   ;D

Ou est  la blouson!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 28, 2020, 12:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Sigone

Ethan Robson too

Really?
Posted by: Sigone, January 28, 2020, 12:17pm; Reply: 20
John Tondeur

@JohnTondeur

There is also a strong possibility that Ethan Robson will return to #gtfc on loan if Sunderland make another signing in the next couple of days.

Edit..they have just(last night) signed midfielder Josh Scowen from QPR
Posted by: wuffing, January 28, 2020, 12:42pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jaf243

Well they are frogs legs...they might have been eaten... ;D

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 28, 2020, 12:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Sigone
John Tondeur

@JohnTondeur

There is also a strong possibility that Ethan Robson will return to #gtfc on loan if Sunderland make another signing in the next couple of days.

Edit..they have just(last night) signed midfielder Josh Scowen from QPR

Would love to have Robson back but struggling to understand why we need another winger at this point. Given players are queuing up to join us I was hoping for an experienced midfield player but like any signing will have to wait and see him perform before passing judgment just seems odd after getting the lad in from Brighton.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 28, 2020, 12:48pm; Reply: 23
pourrait faire du bon travail à ce niveau ?
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 28, 2020, 12:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Would love to have Robson back but struggling to understand why we need another winger at this point. Given players are queuing up to join us I was hoping for an experienced midfield player but like any signing will have to wait and see him perform before passing judgement just seems odd after getting the lad in from Brighton.

Evidently he also plays centre mid too, maybe we might see one or two go out in the next few days.

Posted by: forza ivano, January 28, 2020, 1:01pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Would love to have Robson back but struggling to understand why we need another winger at this point. Given players are queuing up to join us I was hoping for an experienced midfield player but like any signing will have to wait and see him perform before passing judgment just seems odd after getting the lad in from Brighton.

See my link to the blog, looks like he's far more than a winger, another creative player, Holloway certainly increasing around in his attempts to bring in more creativity
Posted by: AndyGTFC, January 28, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 26
Fair enough giving him a chance till the end of the season but I just hope we don't get into the habit of stockpiling players again.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 28, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 27

I posted about this a while back and wondeed if IH would be bringing him here seeing that he's mentioned towards the end of that article.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1579189708/
Posted by: Mendonca1995, January 28, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 28
Weres the players wanting to sign that are of unreal quality and not bothered about how much they earn etc but want to play for IH ?
Posted by: sam gy, January 28, 2020, 2:15pm; Reply: 29
Really think we need a striker (and possibly a defender/full back as back up too).

Cook, Cardwell and Rose are injured, Ogbu has gone...we're really light in numbers. Green is apparently coming back and we've now got Hanson back, but if one of those has a relapse, we're pretty much copulated for firepower.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2020, 2:23pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

That's what I thought . :)
Posted by: AussieMariner, January 28, 2020, 2:26pm; Reply: 31

Don’t you mean pfdbtacn?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 28, 2020, 2:37pm; Reply: 32
Don't think he is coming! None has changed his wiki page yet.   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 28, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 33

Mange tout Rodney, Mange tout.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 28, 2020, 3:22pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Weres the players wanting to sign that are of unreal quality and not bothered about how much they earn etc but want to play for IH ?

I suppose being 19th in league 2 is having an effect.  Once we are safe we will have big plans for next season when the standard of player we all want will materialise.
All the time the manager will have a better idea of what is needed for next season's promotion challenge.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 28, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 35
What Ollie is looking at is who can take in his master plan and be rewarded with a new contract and a ice cream and those who needs to move on whether they have a contract for next year or not.

So for now he will bring in some players until the end of the season and then splash out in the summer with the extra money he and JF have put in.

There will be a few ins and outs but we will be stronger and wiser next year so worth having a bob or two on Town now before we get to be odds on favourites to go up.
Posted by: TonySmith, January 28, 2020, 5:14pm; Reply: 36
  If Holloway has a top half budget for next season, I am pretty confident he can put together a serious promotion challenge, but if not I wouldn't expect miracles from any manager. So much comes down to budgets when all the talking is done.
Posted by: golfer, January 28, 2020, 7:34pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Ou est  la blouson!

Ferrmee laa porrt  cill vuse pleeze
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, January 28, 2020, 7:39pm; Reply: 38
Already signed according to Tondeur on the wireless
Posted by: Meza, January 29, 2020, 12:22am; Reply: 39
Yes plesse

[youtube]NwZjcQwtLJY[/youtube]
Posted by: jaf243, January 29, 2020, 1:12am; Reply: 40
He's got some pretty tidy feet on him too, been scoring a lot in reunion as well! If anyone has Instagram take a look at his account!
Posted by: Ipswin, January 29, 2020, 8:37am; Reply: 41
[quote=140531] been scoring a lot in reunion as well! /quote]

Isn't that the equivalent of the Lindsey Sunday League?  ;)

Posted by: jaf243, January 29, 2020, 12:42pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't remember seeing the likes of Dimitri Payet playing in the Lindsey Sunday League

Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 29, 2020, 3:12pm; Reply: 43
Ive just been looking at his 'playing' career and I see he has been released/had contracts cancelled by clubs on 5 occasions during his career. Doesnt bode well.

Marseille dropped him first, then Ollie's Blackpool, then signed on a free by Ollie at Crystal Palace, then 4 months later by Tony Pulis at CP, then Blackpool again, and finally Shrewsbury.

Enjoy him while he's here
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 29, 2020, 4:52pm; Reply: 44
so have we signed another elliot then? anything confirmed?
Posted by: Ipswin, January 29, 2020, 5:13pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Ipswin

Got a few red X for this Sorry didn't mean to knock the Lindsey Sunday League

Posted by: Ipswin, January 29, 2020, 5:16pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from jaf243

Don't remember seeing the likes of Dimitri Payet playing in the Lindsey Sunday League

Well he might have done if he'd stuck at it

Posted by: acko338, January 29, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 47
If he can get past the "Holloway run", then he could be fit enough to pop in half a dozen goals and some assists !

Perhaps seen as an impact player off the bench?
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 29, 2020, 6:58pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from monkeyboy
so have we signed another elliot then? anything confirmed?

Ollie mentioned getting things sorted by Thursday in his pre-match interview on RH last night.
Posted by: golfer, January 29, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 49
Shrewd signing
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 29, 2020, 9:53pm; Reply: 50
He’s played in the Champions league, Europa league, Premier League and Ligue 1. If he’s fit and bothered he might be quite exciting.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 29, 2020, 9:56pm; Reply: 51
My only concern is that he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods...do like the sound of him if Holloway can get a tune out of him though...
Posted by: Henryscat, January 29, 2020, 10:01pm; Reply: 52
This will be the 3rd time Ollie has signed him. He clearly rates the guy so why shouldn’t we?
Posted by: moosey_club, January 29, 2020, 10:04pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Henryscat
This will be the 3rd time Ollie has signed him. He clearly rates the guy so why shouldn’t we?

Maybe Ollie is his agent ?  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 29, 2020, 10:30pm; Reply: 54
Good to see Ethan Robson not involved for Sunderland tonight.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 29, 2020, 11:51pm; Reply: 55
You'd never have guessed you love Europe Kingston... 😅

As for Grandin; a stopgap to bulk out the squad and bring competition for places till the end of the Season at which point Ollie can seek out more long term options?

And/or reward Grandin with another year if he's proved himself useful?

Ollie's been thrust into a job with an immediate brief window, he might be lumping for faces that are tried and trusted with him without having the time to do full due diligence on everybody he doesn't know personally given the shirt time frame available and all his many other tasks to be on with.

Im sure our scouting network isn't extensive!
Posted by: Maringer, January 30, 2020, 7:25am; Reply: 56
Of we get a good 18 months out of Grandin... it will be more than we've got out of most of the players we've signed over the past few years!
Posted by: Davec, January 30, 2020, 8:02am; Reply: 57
Does anybody have any idea how he is doing at his current club?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 30, 2020, 9:15am; Reply: 58
Like with every project there are short term and long term goals.  This signing is to give the fans a taste of the exciting players and football to come.

I am sure there is a long list of more long term signings to follow in the summer as he builds a team for us to be proud of.

Obviously being in the basement division means we will have to be a bit realistic of the standard of player even Ian Holloway will attract but if he can't turn the tide who can?
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 30, 2020, 10:06am; Reply: 59
One of my best mates is a Blackpool fan and he's amazed that we're in for him. Said he was class on his day in the Prem and the Championship. Did say he's not a L2 type player and that he doesn't know how he's done over recent years.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 30, 2020, 11:33am; Reply: 60
Vardy is now 33 and still full of running.

Can we add Grandin to our list of CL players who have played against us?  He will play against the team in training. 😀
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 30, 2020, 12:31pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from rancido

I think Grandin will be a similar situation to Clarke - a contract until the end of the season and if you prove yourself then another season. I have it on very good authority that Clarke wanted 18 months but Ollie said "prove yourself and we'll see".

Alternatively he may only want a short term holiday in the U.K. and then buzz off again to sunnier climes. ;)

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 30, 2020, 1:28pm; Reply: 62
If he is playing in Reunion how on Earth has Ollie persuaded him to come here??!?!?!

That Island must be an amazing place to live
Posted by: Rik e B, January 30, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 63
Billy Clarke signing was met with a touch of derision from some quarters but has been a fantastic signing so far.

And to conclude the WWII discussion if I may be so bold 😬, might I just say that if wasn't for that bloody Hitler fella GTFC, who were established and sometimes one of the top sides in the top tier (fifth in 1935 was it?), might have cemented themselves in the upper echelons a bit more who knows?

As it stood our superstars players were either too old or lost to war come 1945 and we immediately dropped down the divisions.

Though of course the millions of grieving families, the Jewish community etc got much more pertinent reasoning to dislike him than the effects on a game of kicking a pigs bladder between the two sticks...
Posted by: Rik e B, January 30, 2020, 1:41pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Vardy is now 33 and still full of running.

But I thought post the age of 30 and especially 32 everybody's legs go? 🤔

Im 38 and feel my legs haven't gone... mind you I never had them to a footballers extent so probably won't have noticed 😅
Posted by: forza ivano, January 30, 2020, 2:47pm; Reply: 65
so has this Grandin bloke joined us in freezing Cleethorpes or has he decided to remain on the idyllic Indian Ocean island? (it's only 30 degrees with a light breeze this weekend)

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-cleethorpes-north-east-lincolnshire-beach-seaside-town-pier-cold-winter-21352914.html

https://depositphotos.com/174894084/stock-photo-la-saline-beach-la-reunion.html
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 30, 2020, 5:20pm; Reply: 66
In his pre-FGR interview, Ollie says it's all sorted and he is coming over tomorrow with his wife and young child to sign.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 30, 2020, 5:30pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Les Brechin
In his pre-FGR interview, Ollie says it's all sorted and he is coming over tomorrow with his wife and young child to sign.

His young uns signing??...🤔😂
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 30, 2020, 5:34pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Les Brechin

What position does his wife play Les ?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 30, 2020, 5:40pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from arryarryarry

Would you please tell my wife that.

Thank you.

No need to mate.

She’s getting stacks   :)
Posted by: gaz57, January 30, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from grimsby pete

What position does his wife play Les ?

Left back at home  :)
Posted by: golfer, January 30, 2020, 6:34pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

His young uns signing??...🤔😂

Good dribbler -  well actually I am as well
Posted by: Meza, January 30, 2020, 7:09pm; Reply: 72
Somebody start a thread about some french bloke signing for us??🤔🤔..

whats the point it will only get merged  ;D ;D
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 30, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Civvy at last

No need to mate.

She’s getting stacks   :)

I wondered where she was getting all those headaches from.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 30, 2020, 8:30pm; Reply: 74
Let's hope the true fans of gtfc welcome the new player and his family with affection and support.

The rest of this stupid thread should be expunged and the authors banned from the club.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 30, 2020, 9:20pm; Reply: 75
In the French GTFC players list, hopefully this lad will be nearer the top than the bottom

1. Le Ver
2. Pinault
3. Akpa Akpro
4. Buscher
5. Antoine-Curier

Note: there may well be more (Jacques Le Ster, for starters)
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 30, 2020, 10:05pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Abdul19
In the French GTFC players list, hopefully this lad will be nearer the top than the bottom

1. Le Ver
2. Pinault
3. Akpa Akpro
4. Buscher
5. Antoine-Curier

Hahaha well I definitely didn't Google 'Le Ver French Grimsby player'.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 30, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Abdul19

1. Le Ver
2. Pinault
3. Akpa Akpro
4. Buscher
5. Antoine-Curier

Where does raymond Phillipe de gruchy rate?
Posted by: GrimRob, January 30, 2020, 11:23pm; Reply: 78
Please stick to the topic! I am moving the posts about ethnophaulism to a separate thread.
Posted by: Mariner56, January 30, 2020, 11:26pm; Reply: 79
... about flaming time!
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 30, 2020, 11:50pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Abdul19

1. Le Ver
2. Pinault
3. Akpa Akpro
4. Buscher
5. Antoine-Curier

How could you forget Les Coq-au-reel sportif - pere et fils, surely joint first...

Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 31, 2020, 1:10am; Reply: 81
Wasn't Buscher Dutch? Brought in with Ronald Ermes?
Posted by: fiveallive, January 31, 2020, 3:00am; Reply: 82
That was Robbie Busscher.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Busscher
Posted by: Abdul19, January 31, 2020, 7:42am; Reply: 83
A man who made Glen Downey look like John McDermott: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micka%C3%ABl_Buscher?wprov=sfla1
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 31, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 84
Wasn't it rummered that the french Busher (another wonderful Newell signing) refused to play?
Posted by: LH, January 31, 2020, 10:12am; Reply: 85
Rumour suggests he’s set to land in the UK around 1330 and go to Tranmere for a two week ‘training camp’ on the Wirral. What? You thought we’d pay for direct flights for him?
Posted by: AidansArmy99, January 31, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Maringer
A search on t'Internet brings up a 32 year old French winger. A while since we've had a "Frenchman" at the club.

Last time was Thomas Pinault in 2004
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 31, 2020, 7:56pm; Reply: 87
When should we start to worry?
Lots of things can get in the way of an international transfer
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2020, 7:58pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Now🤔🤔
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 31, 2020, 7:58pm; Reply: 89

Gtfc just tweeted......something happening?

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 31, 2020, 8:07pm; Reply: 90

Gtfc just tweeted......something happening?

We have signed a left back if that was it? Not Grandin just yet though.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 31, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 91
Gtfc tweet is a surprise signing ex gillingham defender
Still no news on Grandin and Robson
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 31, 2020, 8:10pm; Reply: 92
Robson not happening by the sounds of it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-make-big-decision-ethan-robsons-future-ahead-double-deadline-day-signing-1381827%3famp
Posted by: Kris2, January 31, 2020, 8:12pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Wasn't it rummered that the french Busher (another wonderful Newell signing) refused to play?

He was pretty much signed to be a translator, Newell realised he was crap (which is flipping amazing considering some of the people he had in the first team) and then he was released early.

The only player I can recall refusing to play was that pro bench warmer Montgomery who didn't want to step up when Barnes was dropped because he felt he "wasn't good enough to play". He has sinced swapped football for cricket.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 31, 2020, 8:12pm; Reply: 94
Doesn't look like Grandin will be happening now we're at this late stage and Ollie saying he thought it would all be sorted out on Thursday.

Maybe he's regretting putting his name out there earlier in the week if someone has gazumped us.

Still time though, so you never know.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 31, 2020, 9:31pm; Reply: 95
Gandin will happen I think his story on Instagram his landed in the UK about 5pm from airport
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2020, 9:45pm; Reply: 96
Knowing Holloway and the person he is he is making us all wait until 11pm!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 31, 2020, 9:49pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Davec
Knowing Holloway and the person he is he is making us all wait until 11pm!

He’s doing a speaking engagement tonight.
Posted by: LH, January 31, 2020, 9:57pm; Reply: 98
I don’t think they’ve got IH doing the website updates to be honest. He wouldn’t have time between school visits.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 31, 2020, 10:02pm; Reply: 99
Could be he is already signed. Do they have to announce it today?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2020, 10:03pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from monkeyboy
Could be he is already signed. Do they have to announce it today?

I thought the deal was done but he was heading back to the UK today...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 31, 2020, 10:06pm; Reply: 101
If he's a free agent at 11PM then the deadline is irrelevant. We could sign him tomorrow.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 102
Has he actually signed on the dotted line? I always thought it had to be done in person rather than over the Internet.

Makes you wonder which will arrive first

Brexit

or

Grandin

14 minutes and counting
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 31, 2020, 10:53pm; Reply: 103
Instagram sent from Nice airport at 9,54, no chance of anything more happening tonight so he must have already penned the deal I suspect..
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 31, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 104
Instagram sent from Nice airport at 9,54, no chance of anything more happening tonight so he must have already penned the deal I suspect..

I think that was what time someone took a screen grab. You can see in the top corner of the photo when he posted the picture. The sky would be pitch black if he was still flying
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 31, 2020, 11:01pm; Reply: 105
Looking at his Instagram piccies, could it be that he's a bit too flash and Ollie has cooled on him being here?
Posted by: Sigone, January 31, 2020, 11:02pm; Reply: 106
done deal..subject to international clearance
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 107
[tweet]1223380549114454016[/tweet]
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 31, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 108
Looking at his Instagram piccies, could it be that he's a bit too flash and Ollie has cooled on him being here?

Got that wrong.
Now we rely on international clearance out of the EU

Posted by: Fishy clapper, January 31, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 109
He shacked up with IH?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 31, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 110
Bienvenu Elliot! 🔵⚪🔴
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 31, 2020, 11:16pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from Fishy clapper
He shacked up with IH?

Laceby lodges at the golf club I would guess!
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 31, 2020, 11:20pm; Reply: 112
Think we can say that on transfer deadline day we have brought in 2 players with alot of pace and athletisism. Something we have been missing apart from maybe Vernam and Wright.

Can only add to and help our attacking options
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 31, 2020, 11:48pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from GrimRob
Please stick to the topic! I am moving the posts about ethnophaulism to a separate thread.

I think I am suffering from that.

Either that or irritable bowel syndrome.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 1, 2020, 12:35am; Reply: 114
How long has he been here? The photo was taken at Laceby Manor while there was still daylight.
Posted by: Rik e B, February 1, 2020, 12:50am; Reply: 115
Been sat having croissants with Ollie and Kim half the day but they just wanted to make things exciting 🤫
Posted by: Tommy, February 1, 2020, 8:19am; Reply: 116
Interesting that he's been talked about as a winger, but says in his interview that he plays as a no.10 or a no.8.

So maybe he still could play wide, but I'd expect he will play centrally now, either behind Hanson where Whitehouse is currently playing, or even deeper alongside Clifton or Benson.
Posted by: LH, February 1, 2020, 8:26am; Reply: 117
How long has he been here? The photo was taken at Laceby Manor while there was still daylight.

I got there at 1330 for my Friday knock just as some GTFC staff were arriving and another couple of cars arrived just as I was leaving approx 1600ish. The club claim there was a hope that they might get the international clearance done before the dead line but it was a timed release to keep fans on tenterhooks IMO.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 1, 2020, 10:55am; Reply: 118
So how long does international clearance take to come through? What does it entail?
Posted by: golfer, February 2, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 119
So how long does international clearance take to come through? What does it entail?

I bet it doesn't take Arsenal very long - in todays game out of the entire 18 only Willock was English and he was sat on the bench - come on Boris get it sorted
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 2, 2020, 3:53pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from golfer

I bet it doesn't take Arsenal very long - in todays game out of the entire 18 only Willock was English and he was sat on the bench - come on Boris get it sorted

Sorry G, incorrect statement, Saka is English too...
Posted by: Abdul19, February 2, 2020, 4:36pm; Reply: 121
...and Nketiah.
Posted by: golfer, February 2, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from Abdul19
...and Nketiah.

Of course I know that - it's this laptop - it was meant to read  English "  NAMES "   You don't seriously think I'm thick  :)
Posted by: buckstown, February 2, 2020, 7:37pm; Reply: 123
Are Olly and Mrs.Olly staying at Laceby Manor?
Posted by: Rik e B, February 2, 2020, 8:14pm; Reply: 124
Add these two new faces to Saturdays team and squad and we looking quite strong.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 2, 2020, 9:09pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from golfer

Fook me you can’t say that - the easily offended on behalf of others will have a meltdown
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 2, 2020, 10:54pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Fook me you can’t say that - the easily offended on behalf of others will have a meltdown

Did you not read the corrections made rancid’s statement? Or do you want to explain when someone is and isn’t English?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2020, 11:11pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from buckstown
Are Olly and Mrs.Olly staying at Laceby Manor?

They are renting a house at Ashby cum Fenby i think i heard in an interview somewhere.

Think they were at Laceby while they found somewhere suitable.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, February 4, 2020, 2:51pm; Reply: 128
Just seen the interview with Grandin, shots on the training ground make him look like an old bloke jigging up and down to keep warm while watching the kids play. Seriously he looks really cold and in a state of shock.  ;D
Posted by: Rik e B, February 4, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 129
'What the hell have I done?!' 😩😩😩

Hopefully us fans and the spirit about the place can soon warm his cockles!
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 4, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from Rik e B
'What the hell have I done?!' 😩😩😩

Hopefully us fans and the spirit about the place can soon warm his cockles!

I'm certain that he'll be impressed if (when) he walks out at Valley Parade to see 2700 Mighty Mariners backing their team.
Posted by: golfer, February 4, 2020, 5:41pm; Reply: 131
Have knitted him a pair of mitts.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 4, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 132
Its not even that cold yet  ;D
Posted by: golfer, February 4, 2020, 7:47pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from moosey_club
Its not even that cold yet  ;D

It's 30 degrees F  here but  30 degrees  C   in Reunion. Several beaches have been closed because of sharks so you can't go for a paddle like you can at Meggies
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 4, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 134
A shallow-water paddle must be ok?  These large pesky sharks don’t patrol the waters edge do they?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 4, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
A shallow-water paddle must be ok?  These large pesky sharks don’t patrol the waters edge do they?

It's been known for sharks to beach themselves in search of pray...you not seen "Jaws"..😂😂
Posted by: golfer, February 4, 2020, 8:14pm; Reply: 136
I was sat on the beach  and the deck chair next to me was covered in blood -to this day nobody has found out what happened to that chap . They call that beach now  "The Fishy Tall Story Beach "
Posted by: mimma, February 4, 2020, 8:41pm; Reply: 137
He won't have to worry about sharks on Cleephorpes beach.😁
Posted by: moosey_club, February 4, 2020, 8:57pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from mimma
He won't have to worry about sharks on Cleephorpes beach.😁

Its the great brown floaters and white cotton tails he will need to be wary of  :o
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 4, 2020, 9:03pm; Reply: 139
Quoted from golfer
I was sat on the beach  and the deck chair next to me was covered in blood -to this day nobody has found out what happened to that chap . They call that beach now  "The Fishy Tall Story Beach "

It was me. The ketchup bottle split when I was lacing some on my hot dog and covered everything in tomato sauce. So I had to go home to change my mankini.

Posted by: gaz57, February 4, 2020, 10:13pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from golfer

It's 30 degrees F  here but  30 degrees  C   in Reunion. Several beaches have been closed because of sharks so you can't go for a paddle like you can at Meggies

The only sharks you'll see see in Cleethorpes want to give you a loan 😉
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:53pm