Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 25, 2020, 10:15pm

Can't help but feel a loss against the leagues bottom team on Tuesday would be a defining moment, not for Ollie but some of the players.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 25, 2020, 10:21pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Can't help but feel a loss against the leagues bottom team on Tuesday would be a defining moment, not for Ollie but some of the players.

We’re getting a snap shot of how IH wants to play the lads have plenty of heart and desire all being  well they’ll adapt like all managers though he’ll try and improve us in the Summer
Posted by: aldi_01, January 25, 2020, 10:38pm; Reply: 2
I think it would also be a snapshot of ‘ollie’ too...

Simple answer is we have to win on Tuesday. Nothing else will do. Once again there will be changes to the side but it has to work...

We’re not a good side and results today didn’t help. Praising losses is one thing but praising them when we can be easily dragged in to a relegation fight is dangerous. We should’ve seen the game out against a bang average side and we didn’t. Individual mistakes are costing us and whilst ya can’t legislate against that, it’s certainly not going to help.

Tuesday is must win. Simple as that.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 26, 2020, 1:16am; Reply: 3
I best go check the league table, I had give up being concerned 🤔

A rocky patch as we change styles doesn't come as a surprise, I'm sure it'll come good in time, the performances have largely been good. But obviously we don't want to be dancing with danger during our period of transition.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 26, 2020, 8:00am; Reply: 4
Id agree its a not lose game. Dont like stevenage so want to see us beat them. Think its 8 points to the bottom at the moment, we dont want it getting any shorter
Posted by: smokey111, January 26, 2020, 8:19am; Reply: 5
Certainly don't think it is a must win. Although we haven't got any points in the last two games, it is clear performances could have delivered some. 18 games to go and if we are 'in' every game like the last two, enough points will be racked up. Talking of must win games in January is premature.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 26, 2020, 8:28am; Reply: 6
Think we need a good performance on Tuesday, my biggest fear is losing the feel good factor rather than losing games.
Ollie can keep beating the drum and doing all the great stuff he is but we all know what we are like, we'll soon lose the focus and interest if results don't turn..it's just the reality of the situation.
Love Ollie and still somewhat in shock he's come to us, but we need 90 minutes of good football not 45 and I'm pretty sure that will happen sooner rather than later..and when we do I can see someone taking a real spanking. When do we play Scunny??...what a game for the stars to align!!!⚽🤞👍
Posted by: ginnywings, January 26, 2020, 9:18am; Reply: 7
I really want us to win because i hate Stevanage and not too keen on Crawley either, so it would be a double blow if we lose this one. It would also be criminal to lose twice to the current worse team in the league. They've only won three all season and one of those was against us.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, January 26, 2020, 9:30am; Reply: 8
Town need to be up for Tuesday........
Stevenage apparently have been very unlucky recently ( apart from winning 4-0 at Cambridge!)
They have some very quick front players and if you look at recent matches they certainly have some skill up front.
Town need to get the first goal and build on that.......keep tight at the back and stop giving the ball away too easily.
I’m sure Ollie is fully aware.......who am I to say !
UTM
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 26, 2020, 4:32pm; Reply: 9
Stevenage are a club that has wronged our lady fans, they need to be put to the sword, Ollie should instruct the players to get into these illegitimates from the off, give that shitty club that hates women a thumping they won't forget.
Posted by: golfer, January 26, 2020, 5:24pm; Reply: 10
Match live on ifollow -I know it costs me a tenner and I've already paid for my season ticket but at the moment it's the only way I can see them so I'll be paying
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 26, 2020, 8:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think we need a good performance on Tuesday, my biggest fear is losing the feel good factor rather than losing games.
Ollie can keep beating the drum and doing all the great stuff he is but we all know what we are like, we'll soon lose the focus and interest if results don't turn..it's just the reality of the situation.
Love Ollie and still somewhat in shock he's come to us, but we need 90 minutes of good football not 45 and I'm pretty sure that will happen sooner rather than later..and when we do I can see someone taking a real spanking. When do we play Scunny??...what a game for the stars to align!!!⚽🤞👍

I can see the recent upturn in attendances fading away if we don’t.
Posted by: Tradjazz, January 26, 2020, 10:15pm; Reply: 12
Whiskey Drinker: Match live on ifollow -I know it costs me a tenner and I've already paid for my season ticket but at the moment it's the only way I can see them so I'll be paying

No it's not. I'll be watching it and it doesn't cost if you know how.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 26, 2020, 11:36pm; Reply: 13
IPTV?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 27, 2020, 6:25am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Tradjazz
Whiskey Drinker: Match live on ifollow -I know it costs me a tenner and I've already paid for my season ticket but at the moment it's the only way I can see them so I'll be paying

That's great that is, great way to support the club by not paying!!.really, just think about your actions ...the club get a percentage of the IFOLLOW money..
Posted by: lee65, January 27, 2020, 9:57am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

That's great that is, great way to support the club by not paying!!.really, just think about your actions ...the club get a percentage of the IFOLLOW money..

I believe it’s quite significant, did I read £8 ?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2020, 10:35am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tradjazz

And you have the cheek to refer to Corbyn as Steptoe in your tagline.

Price of everything, value of nothing.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, January 27, 2020, 10:50am; Reply: 17
We're 8 points clear, with 2 games in hand and a substantially better goal difference. We're an average team that's playing ok. We're not going to be relegated. Compare this side to the team that got relegated I'm struggling to think of anyone who would get in this team from that shower. This is also much better than the team we had 2 years ago when we were actually in danger.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 27, 2020, 11:03am; Reply: 18
Quoted from horsforthmariner
We're 8 points clear, with 2 games in hand and a substantially better goal difference. We're an average team that's playing ok. We're not going to be relegated. Compare this side to the team that got relegated I'm struggling to think of anyone who would get in this team from that shower. This is also much better than the team we had 2 years ago when we were actually in danger.

Maybe maybe not, but lose tomorrow night and everything changes.

The first thing is to get us completely safe then welcome a brighter future.

Most clubs have better players than us after years of stagnation so it is going to take a lot of hard work ahead to make things better.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 27, 2020, 12:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Quite a few if they gave up the drink...
Posted by: golfer, January 27, 2020, 2:20pm; Reply: 20
Any news on the couple of players being brought in ?
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 27, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 21
It certainly isn't a must win. We need a few more points to confirm our league status. In all honesty, we are in transition and this season is pretty much a dead rubber. I'm not happy typing this but there is very little chance of us being involved in the top seven come May and I'm quite sure we will be safe. Out of all cup competitions, Ollie will be looking to push us on next season and I'm confident he'll do just that.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from golfer
Match live on ifollow -I know it costs me a tenner and I've already paid for my season ticket but at the moment it's the only way I can see them so I'll be paying

Did you not have your flu Jab golfer ?
Posted by: golfer, January 27, 2020, 5:16pm; Reply: 23
You had a new knee Pete - I need " 1finger 1 thumb 1 arm 1 leg to keep moving "  so can't get up the stairs to my seat in the Upper.so I save my monthly allowance to buy 1 ifollow match pass
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2020, 7:55pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from golfer
You had a new knee Pete - I need " 1finger 1 thumb 1 arm 1 leg to keep moving "  so can't get up the stairs to my seat in the Upper.so I save my monthly allowance to buy 1 ifollow match pass

I had both knees done golfer over the last 2 years so missed too many games so when I went to Stevenage you could say I have not missed much.

BUT

Now we have Ollie things have changed and I will see a few games coming up some on i follow and some at the park.

Hope you get better soon.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 27, 2020, 8:41pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer

you sound like my brother, he only had one arm, one leg , one lung, one kidney and lost an eye.....so i suppose technically he was actually only my half brother.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:34pm