Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Poojah, January 25, 2020, 10:10pm
Former Chesterfield player killed in a pub fight last night. Played against Town a few times, most recently in that opening day 3-1 win in 2017 when Dembele ran the show and Slade looked like some kind of footballing genius as we schooled one of the league’s favourites on their own patch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-51249670

Shít world we live in. RIP.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 25, 2020, 10:11pm; Reply: 1
Very sad news RIP
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 25, 2020, 10:15pm; Reply: 2
Not good!

RIP
Posted by: Davec, January 25, 2020, 10:27pm; Reply: 3
I saw this earlier on where it was announced at around half 2 he had died, it turns out that was false reporting and he actually passed away at around 7pm, I'm sure he played against us for Altrincham aswell when his father Lee was manager.

25 is no age at all RIP
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 25, 2020, 11:09pm; Reply: 4
I’ve been through Retford a couple of times and it’s the last place you’d expect to see a fatal attack happening. Horrendous.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 25, 2020, 11:39pm; Reply: 5
Read about this early. Horrible, so young
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 25, 2020, 11:55pm; Reply: 6
Just goes to show how short and precious life really is! We often take it for grated but we absolutely should spend every single day doing what we enjoy with our loved ones.

And also, just how inconsequential football really is in the grand scheme of things.

Rest in peace young man.

Thoughts with his friends and family at this horrendous time. 😔
Posted by: fishcake63, January 26, 2020, 6:57am; Reply: 7
horrendous news what kind of world do we live in !!r.i.p young man
Posted by: chrissy, January 26, 2020, 11:57am; Reply: 8
Terrible news RIP young man.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 26, 2020, 12:15pm; Reply: 9
We don't know what lead to this tragic incident but this sort of thing happens all over the country from time to time, like the incident in Cleethorpes market place, where one old boy died following one punch incident.

It paints a larger picture of our society, were people who can't handle their consumption of booze go over the top either with their ego's or using far more force in proving their point.

I hope the Police investigate and find out what happened quickly, surely there should be CCTV available.

R.I.P. Jordan.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 26, 2020, 1:37pm; Reply: 10
Some lads think it's a good night out if they've had a bit of a scrap. Well they or their opponent/victim could wind up dead with one telling blow to the wrong place or an awkward fall cracking skull on pavement or whatever, bet they don't think of that beforehand.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 6:26pm