Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: davmariner, January 23, 2020, 5:56pm
If I’ve understood correctly from Holloway’s pre match interview, Ethan Robson is available again. Should we bring him back? For me, we definitely should.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 23, 2020, 5:59pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from davmariner
If I’ve understood correctly from Holloway’s pre match interview, Ethan Robson is available again. Should we bring him back? For me, we definitely should.

It's a yes from me!
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 23, 2020, 6:11pm; Reply: 2
Yes from me also.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 23, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 3
Think Ethan has got a recurring injury so probably no decision on him will be made until end of next week.
Posted by: oochiad, January 23, 2020, 7:13pm; Reply: 4
The way IH spoke about it made me think he won’t becoming back as his place had been filled. I could be wrong though, I often am  😂
Posted by: toontown, January 23, 2020, 7:26pm; Reply: 5
It would depend on wages really. If he is anything other than fairly cheap then Not for me, good player but we need a different type of player, he is fairly similar to Clifton, white house, Hess in being more about energy and bite than quality. We need better dead ball delivery and creativity in the middle 3. Hopefully benson is that sort of player. Wouldnt want us spending more money on a similar kind of player to what we already have. There is a cost to signing players in that you can't then spend those wages elsewhere and don't want to get bignot style sweet shop greedy.
Posted by: toontown, January 23, 2020, 7:26pm; Reply: 6
It would depend on wages really. If he is anything other than fairly cheap then Not for me, good player but we need a different type of player, he is fairly similar to Clifton, white house, Hess in being more about energy and bite than quality. We need better dead ball delivery and creativity in the middle 3. Hopefully benson is that sort of player. Wouldnt want us spending more money on a similar kind of player to what we already have. There is a cost to signing players in that you can't then spend those wages elsewhere and don't want to get bignot style sweet shop greedy.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 23, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 7
I'd imagine Benson is a straight replacement.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 23, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 8
Would be a yes from me. A number of the Under 23 players take time to adjust to first team football and I thought Robson had just really started to show his worth when he was recalled and his return would give more balance in midfield as he is naturally left footed.
Posted by: golfer, January 23, 2020, 7:53pm; Reply: 9
Sorry but we have got his replacement
Posted by: ginnywings, January 23, 2020, 8:05pm; Reply: 10
Good player but don't think we need him now with Clarke, Benson and Tilley joining since he went back to Sunderland. We'd end up like the Bignot days with midfielders galore.
Posted by: Sigone, January 23, 2020, 8:05pm; Reply: 11
If we can have him without contributing to his wages..game on  :P
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 23, 2020, 9:18pm; Reply: 12
Benson sounds like an upgrade to be honest
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 23, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 13
I’d have him back in a heartbeat and I’d try to sign him permanently.
Posted by: davmariner, January 24, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 14
Not in the squad again for Sunderland. Sign him up Ollie!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 24, 2020, 7:17pm; Reply: 15
Robson injured
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:54am