Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, January 22, 2020, 2:31pm
Has there ever been a statement from MJ when he left the club.
Or has he just done a disappearing act.
Posted by: marinerdazza, January 22, 2020, 2:35pm; Reply: 1
He done a statement on the twitter.
Posted by: mimma, January 22, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 2
Is there any chance someone could please put this statement on here for those of us that do not do twiter.

Thank you.

UTM
Posted by: stevej7634, January 22, 2020, 2:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mimma
Is there any chance someone could please put this statement on here for those of us that do not do twiter.

Thank you.

UTM

https://twitter.com/michaeljolley07/status/1195336741638553600
Posted by: aldi_01, January 22, 2020, 3:01pm; Reply: 4
Not enough uses of the F word in that...
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 22, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01
Not enough uses of the F word in that...

Fenty?
Posted by: TonySmith, January 22, 2020, 5:01pm; Reply: 6
  Does anyone have any updates on what Michael Jolley is doing now? I wonder if he will continue in football or whether the events of the last few months have soured him to it. I really think he has a lot to offer and wish him the very best.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 22, 2020, 5:16pm; Reply: 7
Last seen looking to do a property deal in London.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 22, 2020, 5:17pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from TonySmith
  Does anyone have any updates on what Michael Jolley is doing now? I wonder if he will continue in football or whether the events of the last few months have soured him to it. I really think he has a lot to offer and wish him the very best.

Possibly, if he was to stop pretending to be Pep and swapping players for the sake of it and has a go at making a side that doesn’t get neck ache from watching the ball fly over their heads. But his track record suggests he may change career again.

Posted by: ScottyUTM, January 22, 2020, 5:26pm; Reply: 9
I heard he went for the Macclesfield job.. don’t no how true it was
Posted by: Boris Johnson, January 22, 2020, 6:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ScottyUTM

before or after he left Town?
Posted by: Ipswin, January 22, 2020, 6:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Yoda
Has there ever been a statement from MJ when he left the club.
Or has he just done a disappearing act.

Hopefully the latter, never to be heard of in football circles again (unless he gets the Lincoln or Scunthorpe jobs of course)

Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 22, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 12
The guy performed a near-miracle for us. It didn't work out after. I'll cut him plenty of slack.
Posted by: Zmariner, January 22, 2020, 6:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 137
The guy performed a near-miracle for us. It didn't work out after. I'll cut him plenty of slack.

Very good point and I agree what he achieved should not be forgotten , I met him and seemed a decent bloke but possibly a little out of his depth utm
Posted by: golfer, January 22, 2020, 8:15pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ScottyUTM

Applied for the managers job at Corinthian F.C.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 22, 2020, 9:16pm; Reply: 15

But his track record suggests he may change career again.

Having changed once in the last 2 decades?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 22, 2020, 9:59pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Boris Johnson

before or after he left Town?

Genuine question, was there any evidence that Jolley was applying for other jobs while he was here ?

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 22, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

Genuine question, was there any evidence that Jolley was applying for other jobs while he was here ?

I believe at the time of his departure the rumour/suggestion was that he had applied for the Lincoln job without informing the town board but how true this was is about as certain as the length of contract offered to Podge!!!!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 22, 2020, 10:39pm; Reply: 18
I don’t think it’s unfair to say he’ll struggle to get a managers job much above the Ryman league
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 22, 2020, 10:43pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I don’t think it’s unfair to say he’ll struggle to get a managers job much above the Ryman league

Jolley could always follow shouty into doing PR instead   8)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 22, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from golfer

Applied for the managers job at Corinthian F.C.

Salve Corinthians! Timaooooo!
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, January 23, 2020, 7:02am; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

Jolley could always follow shouty into doing PR instead   8)

He's working for the FA and Rotherham atm, I believe.
Posted by: golfer, January 23, 2020, 7:53am; Reply: 22
If anybody wants to move jobs surely they try to get another job before informing their present employer. If Jolly had told JSF he was applying for another job I can guess what the non chairman would have done
Posted by: aldi_01, January 23, 2020, 8:20am; Reply: 23
Two thought processes though isn’t there...

Let’s say for instance, that MJ had informed the board that he was applying for other roles, something he is entitled to do...

The boards reaction can be either see their bottom and find a way of loving the person on, and let’s face it, results and clear lack of harmony and probably MJ himself made that decision much simpler, or,

The club have a look at themselves and wonder why they’re in the same position again and another manager is bemoaning they same things that managers before have done and look to change that.

Now for all we know they may have done that, hence the appointment of Holloway (previous suggest they won’t have done that at all), however, if in a few months, a year is so Holloway begins to get itchy feet the question may nee asking again, especially if he begins to talk about the same things.

At this stage we have to embrace Holloway and look forward with a positive view, even if people are cautious and not getting carried away and also realise that it was clear that under MJ we’d likely be much further in to a relegation battle than we currently are. Something/s had happened and whilst we’ll never get the truth it was clear and was only heading one way...
Posted by: Tommy, January 23, 2020, 11:08am; Reply: 24
Last seen on twitter under the username: clackatweets
Posted by: grimps, January 23, 2020, 11:29am; Reply: 25
I can’t remember anyone telling us that our objective was 14th place when they was selling season tickets
Posted by: rancido, January 23, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from aldi_01
Two thought processes though isn’t there...

Let’s say for instance, that MJ had informed the board that he was applying for other roles, something he is entitled to do...

The boards reaction can be either see their bottom and find a way of loving the person on, and let’s face it, results and clear lack of harmony and probably MJ himself made that decision much simpler, or,

The club have a look at themselves and wonder why they’re in the same position again and another manager is bemoaning they same things that managers before have done and look to change that.

Now for all we know they may have done that, hence the appointment of Holloway (previous suggest they won’t have done that at all), however, if in a few months, a year is so Holloway begins to get itchy feet the question may nee asking again, especially if he begins to talk about the same things.

At this stage we have to embrace Holloway and look forward with a positive view, even if people are cautious and not getting carried away and also realise that it was clear that under MJ we’d likely be much further in to a relegation battle than we currently are. Something/s had happened and whilst we’ll never get the truth it was clear and was only heading one way...

I think it is highly unlikely that Olly will get itchy feet . He has bought shares , joined the Board and now purchased a home in Ashby-Cum-Fenby. I'm sure he will stay here for a long time, possibly until he sheds his mortal coil. Who would have that that AB would have settled in an area so far from his roots?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 23, 2020, 8:22pm; Reply: 27
Ollie has mentioned that 'Squeaky is tight' and spoken openly about how to work ones magic with such a tight budget -signing player's that can play in numerous positions for example.

He's also given himself a bit of an extra warchest as his 100k in shares will be available for reinforcements next season (Fenty has confirmed) and Ollie speaks regularly about how the club needs bums on seats at the home games to help us progress. Again this an unashamed direct attempt to boost income and thus boost his paltry budget to give him a greater chance of success.

Ollie in it for the long haul, and if anyone can eek a bit of extra finance out of Fents and Co. when it really needed it'll be him! But he a seasoned veteran of the game and knows all about working within budget constraints.

He knows with a bit of success those constraints will start to lift and speaks about making us an attractive proposition to investors so poor Fenty can finally have a break from propping us up. I'm sure he well aware that if he can boost us a little which will hopefully speed up calls for new stadium etc, and sticks about, there will be a great chance to catapult this club upwards and seal his legacy ambition.

And he privvy to board meetings, probably knows more about goings on than any of us already, he'll know the new stadium within a whisker of actualisation.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 23, 2020, 10:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted Text
I want to make it famous, I want to get a new ground, I want to get us up the divisions, I want to get in the Premier League like I’ve done before.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 24, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Rik e B
Ollie has mentioned that 'Squeaky is tight' and spoken openly about how to work ones magic with such a tight budget -signing player's that can play in numerous positions for example.

He's also given himself a bit of an extra warchest as his 100k in shares will be available for reinforcements next season (Fenty has confirmed) and Ollie speaks regularly about how the club needs bums on seats at the home games to help us progress. Again this an unashamed direct attempt to boost income and thus boost his paltry budget to give him a greater chance of success.

Ollie in it for the long haul, and if anyone can eek a bit of extra finance out of Fents and Co. when it really needed it'll be him! But he a seasoned veteran of the game and knows all about working within budget constraints.

He knows with a bit of success those constraints will start to lift and speaks about making us an attractive proposition to investors so poor Fenty can finally have a break from propping us up. I'm sure he well aware that if he can boost us a little which will hopefully speed up calls for new stadium etc, and sticks about, there will be a great chance to catapult this club upwards and seal his legacy ambition.

And he privvy to board meetings, probably knows more about goings on than any of us already, he'll know the new stadium within a whisker of actualisation.

the other thing that hasn't been mentioned is how Holloway has already gone a long way to paying for himself. Small things like the meet the manager night will have raised a couple of thousand quid, the increase in away ticket sales, for which we get 5% must be another £1000, 40 extra half season tickets gone equates to £8000, he put 900 on the gate for the  salford match (c£18,000 with tickets, programmes, merchandise, food and drink etc.) plus 2000 for Exeter (say £30,000 as there were loads of free tickets).
i reckon that's about £60, 000 and counting.
don't know if this is correct but i thought we got extra money for being the featured game on radio 5 and on Quest. is that correct?
Posted by: supertown, January 24, 2020, 10:55am; Reply: 30
I have it on good authority that MJ was unapproachable, players didn’t like him . IH is the complete opposite. We all know what a difference it makes when you actually like your boss
Posted by: Rik e B, January 24, 2020, 11:55am; Reply: 31
Yes Forza you could tell Fenty was wincing at the thought of the extra outlay with his dithering in getting back to Ollie and Ollie joking the other directors happy with the appointment but 'not so much him' -pointing to Fenty.

But since taking that leap the tills down at BP have been red hot with extra takings, I'm sure he'll more than pay for himself very very soon. Ollie is a winner and putting everything in place so success is if not inevitable then much more likely than the ambling along that came before it.

Once/if things take off Fenty will/may have that football fortune though a method we never envisenged.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:06am