Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 22, 2020, 8:45am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7913647/Leyton-Orients-minute-equaliser-spot-against-Northampton-descends-17-man-BRAWL.html

Fun and games in this one.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 22, 2020, 8:56am; Reply: 1
Looked more like a square dance.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 22, 2020, 9:55am; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Looked more like a square dance.

Yes, I wondered where they left their handbags.

Posted by: golfer, January 22, 2020, 11:24am; Reply: 3
Scott Wharton is a thug and deserved to be sent off - not the other guy
Posted by: Kris2, January 22, 2020, 11:35am; Reply: 4
I don't know why the other player was sent off. All he did was try to get the ball to restart and motivate his team before being set upon by a lunatic. Some others looked like better candidates for cards tbh.

I don't know what this obsession that some players have with stopping other players picking the ball up is. The kick off won't happen until the ref blows his whistle.  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 23, 2020, 8:21am; Reply: 5
Even though I'm sure it's happened, I can't ever remember a proper punch being thrown in a football match, unlike rugby brawls where everyone is throwing punches!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 23, 2020, 8:43am; Reply: 6
Franny Lee vs Norman Hunter had a few punches twice :B
Posted by: golfer, January 23, 2020, 10:59am; Reply: 7
Can remember when Mannion [son of "Golden Boy" Wilf ] playing for the Canaries threw a bottle into the Barratts stand and hit a young lad on the head. A right punch up amongst the players and a pitch invasion followed
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2020, 11:42am; Reply: 8
Quoted from 123614
Even though I'm sure it's happened, I can't ever remember a proper punch being thrown in a football match, unlike rugby brawls where everyone is throwing punches!

Didn't Kevin Keegan and Billy Bremner have fisticuffs at Wembley once?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 23, 2020, 1:14pm; Reply: 9
Keegan got sent off for letting Jonny Giles and then later on Bremner punch him.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 23, 2020, 1:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Keegan got sent off for letting Jonny Giles and then later on Bremner punch him.

Giles and Bremner were very lucky, the queue to punch Keegean was massive

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 23, 2020, 5:16pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner

According to Tommy Smith, Keegan was actually clobbered by Giles but he thought it was Bremner and clobbered the wrong bloke in retaliation.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2020, 5:22pm; Reply: 12

According to Tommy Smith, Keegan was actually clobbered by Giles but he thought it was Bremner and clobbered the wrong bloke in retaliation.

Here you go. Have a watch.

[youtube]zAc5U5HZtws[/youtube]
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:06pm