Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: G.T.F.C, January 20, 2020, 5:17pm
Hi all,

If anyone has a spare stub for Bradford that they are not using and wouldn't mind donating it to a fellow mariner It would be much appreciated

Thanks and UTM  
Posted by: mimma, January 20, 2020, 5:37pm; Reply: 1
Don't think you will have a problem getting tickets. The ground holds something like 25,000!
Posted by: Teesknees, January 20, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 2
Think we've got 2670 tickets, so you'd better hurry!
Posted by: ska face, January 20, 2020, 5:55pm; Reply: 3
We’ve only been given 2670 and that’s the full allocation apparently.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/bradford-city-ticket-information/
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 20, 2020, 7:01pm; Reply: 4
Get your tickets asap
Although the ground holds 25000, they have about 14000 season ticket holders.
The construction of the ground probably means that the allocation will not be increased.

enjoy the game as Bradford are getting very edgy and we might just sneak a win.....

Interestingly Scunthorpe did not take many on Saturday
Posted by: Poojah, January 20, 2020, 7:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Get your tickets asap
The construction of the ground probably means that the allocation will not be increased.

I’m not sure that’s the case actually. Liverpool had over 4,000 there for a game in pre-season. That was a fundraiser for Stephen Darby, the ex-Liverpool and Bradford player who has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease however, and will have been seen by police as a different prospect to the same number of Town fans travelling for a league game.

I don’t see that stance as fair, and personally I think our supposed reputation for disorder is massively overstated, but that’s just the way things seem to be.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 20, 2020, 7:49pm; Reply: 6
Get your tickets asap

enjoy the game as Bradford are getting very edgy and we might just sneak a win.....

Interestingly Apart from their Cup Final at Blundell Park, as usual, Scunthorpe did not take many on Saturday

Amended for you. Although to be fair to the Scunthorpe fans, at least they did fill the Osmond, without Cowleys and reaching the FA Cup quarter-final to generate a whole new fan base...
Posted by: rancido, January 20, 2020, 8:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Amended for you. Although to be fair to the Scunthorpe fans, at least they did fill the Osmond, without Cowleys and reaching the FA Cup quarter-final to generate a whole new fan base...

I think the main reason for the the Scunts high  attendance at BP was due to the traditional horse fair in Scunthorpe had been cancelled.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 20, 2020, 8:11pm; Reply: 8

Interestingly Scunthorpe did not take many on Saturday

609 to be exact.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 20, 2020, 8:22pm; Reply: 9
I hear what's been said, but if you want to guarantee a seat at bradford suggest you get tickets asap
Bradford would need to displace home fans to get more town fans in
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 20, 2020, 8:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

609 to be exact.

We will take more than 609 to Crawley on Saturday
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 20, 2020, 8:47pm; Reply: 11
If IH (when) gets us fring on all cylinders next season, our away following will probably be greater, than most grounds can accommodate, interesting times ahead.

Get it right on the pitch Mr Holloway, you not seen anything yet, as to the away following.

UTMM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 20, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from The Yard Dog
If IH (when) gets us fring on all cylinders next season, our away following will probably be greater, than most grounds can accommodate, interesting times ahead.

Get it right on the pitch Mr Holloway, you not seen anything yet, as to the away following.

UTMM

Might drive some season ticket revenue which will no doubt be welcome.
Posted by: queenybantam07, January 20, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah

I’m not sure that’s the case actually. Liverpool had over 4,000 there for a game in pre-season. That was a fundraiser for Stephen Darby, the ex-Liverpool and Bradford player who has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease however, and will have been seen by police as a different prospect to the same number of Town fans travelling for a league game.

I don’t see that stance as fair, and personally I think our supposed reputation for disorder is massively overstated, but that’s just the way things seem to be.

For cup games and pre-season friendlies, we generally allocate the Midland Road Stand (where the TV gantry sits) of which has a capacity of 4,500. The stand is made up on seven relatively even blocks, and you have two of them. Currently, half a block is used as segregation, with Bradford City season ticket holders currently occupying the other half.

Generally, the allocation is about 2,700, but there have been some instances where the 300 or so fans who occupy the block t’other end of segregation are relocated. For example, Sunderland brought 2,900 here last season.

For us to allocate more, it would mean relocating upwards of 2,300 ST holders from the same stand. Although this has been done before, it wouldn’t go down too well with the fans this season.

As mentioned, there is a very small possibility for you to be allocated another half-a-block, depending on a number of probabilities.

Hopefully our performances will pick up abit leading up to this fixture. We have the best home form in the league, but are very poor away from home - winning only three times on the road.

Attendance could be as high as 19,000-20,000 with a decent atmosphere to boot.
Posted by: PoutonStepover, January 23, 2020, 12:19am; Reply: 14
Quoted from queenybantam07

For cup games and pre-season friendlies, we generally allocate the Midland Road Stand (where the TV gantry sits) of which has a capacity of 4,500. The stand is made up on seven relatively even blocks, and you have two of them. Currently, half a block is used as segregation, with Bradford City season ticket holders currently occupying the other half.

Generally, the allocation is about 2,700, but there have been some instances where the 300 or so fans who occupy the block t’other end of segregation are relocated. For example, Sunderland brought 2,900 here last season.

For us to allocate more, it would mean relocating upwards of 2,300 ST holders from the same stand. Although this has been done before, it wouldn’t go down too well with the fans this season.

As mentioned, there is a very small possibility for you to be allocated another half-a-block, depending on a number of probabilities.

Hopefully our performances will pick up abit leading up to this fixture. We have the best home form in the league, but are very poor away from home - winning only three times on the road.

Attendance could be as high as 19,000-20,000 with a decent atmosphere to boot.

Thanks for the info & insight, it’s nice to have level headed, genuine input on here from the opposition!

We have the worst home form in the league, so going on this seasons results being hugely unpredictable, we should win 8-0! 🤣

Posted by: Rik e B, January 23, 2020, 2:20am; Reply: 15
This has ballsed me up somewhat, I said I'd drive a minibus but now with the one for one season ticket, then part season ticket, the exile, then trust etc etc etc it means the season ticket holders amongst us can get sorted big the people needed to pad the bus out are unsure whether they'll be able to get sorted so I've been told to put on hold hiring the bus.

Now if and when we do get sorted the bus needed might be gone.

Was expecting 4000 and it wouldn't be sn issue hence the grand plan, but I understand the it position if it means uprooting season ticket holders.

Can't complain about the priority system, just my grand plan gone to pot that's all.

I miss a ton of matches due to the nature of my work  and the long hours involved so it's frustrating as a former diehard and season ticket holder who doesn't buy one now because work make it unfeasible to be shoehorned out at times but it is what it is.

Might even have to buy one or at least one of the part options even if I take a financial loss just to help ensure I got a better chance for appetising away games etc.

Did I read there's a shift workers deal or as something now? Might have to look into as can see plenty of frustrating moments if Ollie's bandwagon sets of at full steam!
Posted by: grimps, January 23, 2020, 11:32am; Reply: 16
To be fair 2700 should be enough for a mid table team a couple of hours away
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 23, 2020, 2:44pm; Reply: 17
Just seen a post on Twitter saying that in the first 5 hours of sales today we've already sold more tickets than Scunny took just recently!  ;)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 23, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 18
I'm not so sure Grimps, we took 4000 to Donny without the Ollie Effect! Leyton Orient sold out nearly 2k down in London...

Especially if we continue getting positive results and/or performances.

Back to the tickets although it's hit me this time I think it's much fairer now with the one-for-one than before when season ticket holders could suck up vast swathes of extra tickets for their friends.

I was a beneficiary of this recently but the mass clamber for leftovers had me feeling it unfair as more loyal supporters could be missing out so fair weather friends of ST holders could have the privilege.
Posted by: oochiad, January 23, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 19
We will definitely sell out and want more I’d guess, Remember Doncaster? And who would not want to go and see us play Bradford?!?! UTMM!!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2020, 10:55pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimps
To be fair 2700 should be enough for a mid table team a couple of hours away

A normal mid-table club it should be enough.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, January 24, 2020, 9:29am; Reply: 21
Don't know if anyone can help, but me and a mate bought train tickets to Bradford, assuming it would be a piece of p1ss to get tickets. So now we're £130 down and looking like we'll either have to spend the day in a curry house or the home end. We're exiles so obviously we don't have season tickets or any of that business, so if there's anyone out there who has access to slightly earlier Bradford tickets and is not planning to go themselves, please shout. Thanks :)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 24, 2020, 12:28pm; Reply: 22
You could join Mariners trust and get an earlier dibs on ticket.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 24, 2020, 12:30pm; Reply: 23
Ah just looked they say takes 14 days for membership to become active 😔
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 24, 2020, 1:03pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Rik e B
Ah just looked they say takes 14 days for membership to become active 😔

Just got mine as a MEX - over 1k sold but one-for-one means they do expect it to go to general sale.

Apparently Scunny may only give us behind the goal 1,680. They've always given 2 blocks down the side before - there is no way they are going to get anywhere near a sell-out of home areas so must to be a plod thing...

Posted by: Gaffer58, January 24, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 25
As a major shareholder (we’ll I have 1) do I get any preference on Bradford tickets, or will I be invited into the directors box!!!!
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 24, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 26
Unfortunately I can't go due to being at work so if anyone wants my season ticket stub.. pm me
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 24, 2020, 5:49pm; Reply: 27
Don't know if anyone can help, but me and a mate bought train tickets to Bradford, assuming it would be a piece of p1ss to get tickets. So now we're £130 down and looking like we'll either have to spend the day in a curry house or the home end. We're exiles so obviously we don't have season tickets or any of that business, so if there's anyone out there who has access to slightly earlier Bradford tickets and is not planning to go themselves, please shout. Thanks :)

PM me
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 12:14pm