Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: caistormariner, January 18, 2020, 5:42am
today but I am 13000 miles away in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney so will miss Ollies first home game.  I can feel the optimism from here and can understand why it is growing. He seems to have really bought into what we the fans are all about.  I hope we pack the park today and whatever the result lets get behind him and the team. And please give the boys abig shoutout from me and I am looking forward to seeing a game when I get home in February.

UTMM
Posted by: lukeo, January 18, 2020, 6:16am; Reply: 1
Needless to say i wish i was too!
Im struggling big time financially att the moment but I'll find a way of watching all mid week games on iplayer!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 18, 2020, 6:21am; Reply: 2
Agreed. I am in Jakarta and feeling quite homesick. I haven't looked forward to a game as much as this in ages. Finger crossed and UTM!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 18, 2020, 7:27am; Reply: 3
I will do my best to turn up the volume a few notches in the Upper to compensate for your absence Gentlemen.UTMM
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 8:12am; Reply: 4
Me too, back at work one day and they give me a bell saying I can't have Saturday off as we snowed under and I gotta put in the hours all weekend long.

Bar-stewards, after the toxic Macc game, will I ever get aboard the Ollie bandwagon? 😩😩😩

Make some noise for the boys you lucky folk in attendance!!
Posted by: golfer, January 18, 2020, 9:42am; Reply: 5
Have had to miss the last 3 home games due to ill health but really wanted to go today - afraid I'll still have to listen on Humberside so Ollie will have to do without my tips for the time being.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 18, 2020, 9:57am; Reply: 6
Quoted from golfer
Have had to miss the last 3 home games due to ill health but really wanted to go today - afraid I'll still have to listen on Humberside so Ollie will have to do without my tips for the time being.

Get well soon - I'm sure Ollie can wait for your wisdom!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 10:19am; Reply: 7
I feel your pain brother, terrible timing these incidences of ill health, though there never a good time of course.... Get well soon
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 18, 2020, 12:25pm; Reply: 8
Can not make it today but got Morecambe and Carlisle games in my book,

With the Tuesday games on i follow I should be able to see most of the  upcoming games,

Come on Town !!!!   cant remember how long its been that so many have got  confidence in the manager.

UTMM and Ollie  8)
Posted by: fiveallive, January 18, 2020, 1:20pm; Reply: 9
I wish I was going i have ticket but have a possible kidney infection or kidney stone
so I have had to watch on if follow instead.
Posted by: oochiad, January 18, 2020, 1:25pm; Reply: 10
I’m taking my Dad for his second match of the season. He’s battling with cancer with more treatment starting on Monday and I can’t tell thou all enough of what a lift IH and GTFC has given him this last couple of weeks! UTMM!!!
Posted by: Grimal, January 18, 2020, 1:31pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from oochiad
I’m taking my Dad for his second match of the season. He’s battling with cancer with more treatment starting on Monday and I can’t tell thou all enough of what a lift IH and GTFC has given him this last couple of weeks! UTMM!!!

Sorry to hear that Oochiad,I hope your Dad makes a quick and full recovery.

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 18, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from oochiad

Best of luck for your dad and all other mariners in poor health Ollie has certainly given us all a lift.

UTMM
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 18, 2020, 1:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from oochiad

Hope your dad recovers, let’s hope town gets the win for your dad today 👍
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 1:52pm; Reply: 14
Hopefully Ollie's Town can keep feeding him positivity to aid in his fight. To him and all the stricken Town fan's get well soon!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 18, 2020, 1:58pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from oochiad

Best wished for your dad, mate. Have a great time at the game
Posted by: oochiad, January 18, 2020, 2:04pm; Reply: 16
Thanks guys, it means a lot! Good luck one and all! I love the fishy! UTMM!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 2:10pm; Reply: 17
What a difference a couple of weeks or 'an Ollie' makes... from close to record low league attendances with diehards of several decades finally giving up and not even wanting to use their season ticket booklets, toxic anti-board chanting rising up and a general malaise to this now; people saying they've not looked forward to a match so much for ages, resigned fans inspired to return to BP, those who can't attend absolutely gutted they missing and a bumper crowd expected.

If Carlsberg did New Year's...

Let's hope this the start of a roaring twenties for GTFC!!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2020, 2:16pm; Reply: 18
Just been for a ticket. Main stand, Pontoon and Lower sold out. Restricted view tickets for Upper.
Posted by: Mayaman, January 18, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 19
I've lived overseas since 2005 but I always squeeze in a game when I go back.  Still I am off out to get a couple of beers to sit down and enjoy the match on ifollow.  Hope the fans raise the roof at the game knowing there are thousands of Mariners in exile listening / watching around the globe.  UTMM!!!!!!
Posted by: rancido, January 19, 2020, 12:17pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mayaman
I've lived overseas since 2005 but I always squeeze in a game when I go back.  Still I am off out to get a couple of beers to sit down and enjoy the match on ifollow.  Hope the fans raise the roof at the game knowing there are thousands of Mariners in exile listening / watching around the globe.  UTMM!!!!!!

This and many other posts on here reinforces the fact that regardless of where you live in the world or our country, once a Mariner, always a Mariner.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:19pm