Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 18, 2020, 1:07am
.........how about "we", the Fishy Forum, pledge to help organise a crowdfunding exercise to help pay the wages of someone who maybe has a wage expectation above our own pay scale, much like the fans did for Signore Bonetti and his cronies?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 18, 2020, 7:28am; Reply: 1
Great idea and I would happily donate
Posted by: aldi_01, January 18, 2020, 7:32am; Reply: 2
Wonder if we did one this time the board would poo poo it like the last one...
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 18, 2020, 7:34am; Reply: 3
Quoted from aldi_01
Wonder if we did one this time the board would poo poo it like the last one...

More than half the board would be over the moon.
Posted by: sutton mariner, January 18, 2020, 7:42am; Reply: 4
Would be in
Posted by: aldi_01, January 18, 2020, 7:53am; Reply: 5
They were last time and then three of them publicly talked it down not two years later and claimed it wasn’t the success...

I think if there’s anything to get behind at the minute, if folk want to, is getting in to schools etc. and encouraging fans of future and building a community spirit...just have a glance down the a46, that’s what they did.

No need to crowdfund a player or any of that jazz, just galvanise the existing support and utilise schools and community groups to build a fan base for the future and a cohesive community spirit. GTFC are ideally placed for that, more than any other organisation locally.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 7:59am; Reply: 6
I had that thought last night, Operation Ollie, give him more of a warchest for an almighty push next Season... Shares for trust, shares for him to thank him for or pay back his investment in a fashion perhaps, or just a cash injection -whatever doesn't upset Squeaky too much.

The thing is we know the (old) board view this kind of thing with absolute disdain. Strange as lets face it, without Bogles goals we wouldn't have got promoted, however the board try and coat it that Operation Promotion didn't fund Bogle, it clearly helped somehow. Our success as a result boosted Hursty's CV to help him move on and earn a Kings ransom in higher division wages and payoffs even though he said it a pain in the behind bringing unnecessary pressure.

Ollie would revel in the extra expectation, and would be massively humbled and appreciative not looking a gift horse in the mouth like the past lot.

We quickly whipped up 50k with all the good feeling when Bonetti arrived in town, this is the closest we've come to that vibe in all that time since.

I feel its the right thing to do to match Ollie's 100k investment to thank him and show we all in this as one. UTMM!!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 18, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 7
I pledge to donate £25 every home game for a seat in the Upper and few half time bonanza tickets. They weren't getting that pre IH.
Posted by: It Bites, January 18, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 8
Just turn up and cheer the team on . Please stop all these charity pledge ideas .
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 18, 2020, 9:56am; Reply: 9
.........how about "we", the Fishy Forum, pledge to help organise a crowdfunding exercise to help pay the wages of someone who maybe has a wage expectation above our own pay scale, much like the fans did for Signore Bonetti and his cronies?

Good signings and good results will put £20k per home game on gate receipts. That would work much better.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 10:16am; Reply: 10
I guess it's not so novel an idea that you can show support by showing up and supporting the team 😅, the only thing I'd point out is some people can't get to games as much as they'd like but may like to show their support and contribute more somehow.

Im often stuck working but would contribute to a pot. Maybe I should just buy shares or something? Just would be nice to see a grand total of peoples renewed vigour for backing the club.
Posted by: golfer, January 18, 2020, 10:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Good signings and good results will put £20k per home game on gate receipts. That would work much better.

Full season £1/2 million extra  - better players-better results - better gates - better players - better results - better gates  etc.  it's like one of those chain mail letters as long as we don't spend before we have got the money.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 6:44pm