Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 16, 2020, 6:36pm
I have to say I've been like a cat on a hot tin roof all this week waiting for Saturday to come round.  
In nearly 45 years of following town I can seldom remember where I've wished my life away in the anticipation of getting to BP to get to the match.
It wasn't long ago, a matter of weeks in all honesty, that I seriously considered throwing the towel in ( not that I ever could, GTFC. is in my blood, pure and simple) yet here I am going to bed early like a kid on Xmas Eve feeling giddy and excited.
It just cannot be understated what IH has done for this club, this town and the community.
Really, really hope the feeling I have stays with me for the foreseeable future.  
UTMM til I die...
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 7:32pm; Reply: 1
Just made myself available for work again tomorrow after long layoff and they've only gone and said need me in all weekend as totally snowed under 😭

I swear they'd have me working 84 hours a week if didn't put foot down and say need at least a day for kids most weekends 😩

Gutted.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 17, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 2

"Can't wait for Saturday"

Must agree, I'm actually looking forward to going to BP for a change instead of having to drag myself there..

I don't expect a miracle to happen overnight under Ollie but I can only see us improving and who knows how far we can go.

I'm pleased I bought another season ticket now, who'd have thought it.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 18, 2020, 7:33am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I have to say I've been like a cat on a hot tin roof all this week waiting for Saturday to come round.  
In nearly 45 years of following town I can seldom remember where I've wished my life away in the anticipation of getting to BP to get to the match.
It wasn't long ago, a matter of weeks in all honesty, that I seriously considered throwing the towel in ( not that I ever could, GTFC. is in my blood, pure and simple) yet here I am going to bed early like a kid on Xmas Eve feeling giddy and excited.
It just cannot be understated what IH has done for this club, this town and the community.
Really, really hope the feeling I have stays with me for the foreseeable future.  
UTMM til I die...

Think a lot of fans were in the same boat pal I went to Macc on Boxing Day and it`s the lowest Town away following I remember seeing for a Boxing Day fixture and a large % were fed up. The change in mood for the NYD fixture was fantastic and I intend to enjoy every minute of this current mood. It feels very similar to the Ivano period when we really made the football world sit up and take notice.HOLLOWAYS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2020, 8:46am; Reply: 4
I agree, Macc was a low low point. As the pneumonia kicked in lol I thought oh no here we go, some dark dark days ahead, yet again.

But it's as if the football Gods have finally shown mercy on our be-trodden souls... The sea hath parted and though Moses has departed in has come our saviour, an entity from an all together higher plane, determined to drag us back to our promised land so we may all finally live in peace and happiness.

A bit melodramatic 😅 but that's what I'm hoping
Posted by: aldi_01, January 18, 2020, 9:26am; Reply: 5
Although Macc was dire I thought the home game after was worse...looked around before KO and it was clear people were there because it was some duty or addiction and nothing more. Nobody looked interested or excited...even the Scunny game lacked something to be honest...
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 5:10am