Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pontoon442, January 16, 2020, 5:52pm
Danny Butterfield has signed on as part of the new coaching team at Macclesfield Town, good player for Town but couldn't defend like McDerrmott, but more comfortable on the ball, wasn't very complimentary at all about the Mariners after leaving, which is always not nice after the fans have paid your wages for years....
Posted by: Fishy clapper, January 16, 2020, 5:59pm; Reply: 1
Unbelievable, click bait
Posted by: sam gy, January 16, 2020, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
In what way was he not complimentary about Town?

Another player that some Town fans slagged off at the time, in all their wisdom. Only for him to have a brilliant career in the top two flights whilst we plummeted to non-league.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 3
Danny was good enough to serve Palace with distinction for many years.

His defending at Anfield (in our win)..................did I just  type that?  was excellent.  He made 3 goal-line clearances.  
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 7:29pm; Reply: 4
I never slagged him and always viewed the moaning morons as idiots 😎👌
Posted by: fishboyUTM, January 16, 2020, 8:55pm; Reply: 5
Did well for us and never slagged us off as far as I can remember. Met him once in a working mens club off Boulevard Ave, can't remember the name. Seemed a decent lad.
Posted by: Maringer, January 16, 2020, 11:15pm; Reply: 6
Decent full-back. He was not a central midfielder, however. I seem to recall that's where some criticism of him probably has its root. Not his fault he was bunged in a position where he really didn't know what he was doing. Was it by Lennie?
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2020, 11:24pm; Reply: 7
I think it's very good of him to join a club that will not pay his salary.
Posted by: bartgtfc, January 16, 2020, 11:29pm; Reply: 8
Scored the perfect hat trick I believe in a cup game? played as make shift striker, always remember thinking he was wasted as a defender after seeing this 😛
Posted by: Kris2, January 17, 2020, 5:29am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
Decent full-back. He was not a central midfielder, however. I seem to recall that's where some criticism of him probably has its root. Not his fault he was bunged in a position where he really didn't know what he was doing. Was it by Lennie?

I think it was more to do with his name not being John McDermott and he played in the same position. Also that the season he really began breaking through into the first team didn't go to plan and I think he took a lot of the flack for it even though he was a young player breaking through into the first team.  It was a pretty big downer after a double Wembley promotion season and a solid season in the First Division after that. Lots of the Wembley side began buggering off or had injury issues and most people were not keen on their replacements that season.
Posted by: Maringer, January 17, 2020, 10:41am; Reply: 10
Was it Butterfield who was able to leave on a free transfer because we forgot to offer him a new contract in time, even though we intended to do so?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 17, 2020, 11:58am; Reply: 11
That certainly rings a bell, not like GTFC to drop an almighty clanger with rudimentary errors though ey... 🙄
Posted by: Abdul19, January 17, 2020, 12:14pm; Reply: 12
I thought they didn't offer one because they couldn't afford to (offer him the same wages)?

The other version sounds more likely though. Will have been around the same time they forgot to renew the licence in the bar!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2020, 1:17pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
Was it Butterfield who was able to leave on a free transfer because we forgot to offer him a new contract in time, even though we intended to do so?

Something like that. Someone didn’t understand the implications of the Bosman ruling.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:58pm