Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 16, 2020, 10:57am
Rumoured to be signing today, midfielder from Burnley
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 16, 2020, 10:58am; Reply: 1
Jolleys contacts finally coming good  ;) :P ;D 8)
Posted by: Maringer, January 16, 2020, 10:59am; Reply: 2
Replacement for Robson, I'd imagine, if the rumours are accurate.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 16, 2020, 11:04am; Reply: 3
Haven't we just replaced Robbo with Tilley??

Certainly going to be plenty of midfield / attacking options if this one is true

Question is will anyone be leaving??
Posted by: Abdul19, January 16, 2020, 11:07am; Reply: 4
If only we still had Jonathan Hedge(s)
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 16, 2020, 11:08am; Reply: 5
Maybe we can sign Ryan Hedges from Aberdeen aswell....
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Haven't we just replaced Robbo with Tilley??

Certainly going to be plenty of midfield / attacking options if this one is true

Question is will anyone be leaving??

By all accounts Tilley will play on the opposite wing to Max Wright, or at least that's what I've assumed.......
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 11:25am; Reply: 7
Yeah Tilley gonna be the other winger we've been missing.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 16, 2020, 11:26am; Reply: 8
from the Bunla paper

Josh Benson

Very highly thought of at Turf Moor, the midfielder played 90 minutes in the friendly defeat to Crewe on Saturday.

A composed midfielder who is strong in the tackle and has been a standout player in the Under-23 side.

Steve Stone is a fan and it seems as though Dyche is too with the midfielder having been around the senior set-up last season and handed a chance this summer.

It might be too big a leap to go straight into the Clarets first team, even if midfield is an area where Burnley require reinforcements, but having seen the impact McNeil has made, Benson has a clear path to follow

Midfielder Benson joined the Clarets in July 2018 after ending a two-year scholarship with Arsenal.

from the official site

The play-maker had been with the Gunners' Academy since under-nine level.

Benson impressed in training and in a handful of games for the Clarets' under-23s in the latter stages of the 2017/18 season to earn a professional deal at Turf Moor.

A stand-out player for the Under-23s during the 2018/19 campaign, the central midfield man was named as a substitute for the Clarets' Premier League game at Manchester United at the end of January, 2019.

A hamstring injury then ruled him out of the closing weeks of the campaign as he missed the run-in to the U23s' campaign as they came up just short in their league and cup campaigns.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 16, 2020, 11:27am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
Replacement for Robson, I'd imagine, if the rumours are accurate.

Re: Robson...

Sunderland are about to sign a midfielder on loan from Rangers. Looking increasingly likely that Robson will be available again shortly.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 11:31am; Reply: 10
Sounds quality, probably quite an upgrade from Robson, like Glennon likely will be from Gibson.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 16, 2020, 11:33am; Reply: 11
Imagine we could sign this lad and bring Robbo back, given we’re playing 3 in there you still need cover and there’s Cook’s injury record to consider too.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 16, 2020, 11:35am; Reply: 12
Being Coached by Steve stone and dyche will certainly put lead in your pencil.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2020, 12:09pm; Reply: 13
Are Burnley players relocating to NE Lincs player by player?

Maybe a residue benefit of the Doug Collins transfer to Burnley? 😉
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 16, 2020, 12:54pm; Reply: 14
Can take a corner...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuo-y9dUxM

Some more footage...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDPX5lc-_-E
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 16, 2020, 2:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Stew0_0

Any chance in signing their goal keeper and playing him up front?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2020, 2:15pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Heisenberg

By all accounts Tilley will play on the opposite wing to Max Wright, or at least that's what I've assumed.......

So 'by all accounts' means by your own account  ;D
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 16, 2020, 2:22pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Would be surprised after his recent form if Vernam gets the elbow so think it will ultimately be Max who gets benched. That’s presuming he continues to play as a wide player and not in midfield.

Hopefully we will start to get more pace going forward and thus be much more dangerous in our counter attacks although a regular goal scorer is probably still required.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2020, 2:46pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I hadn't thought of it like that!  You may be right, I've simply put two and two together, when deep down I thought I'd actually read it somewhere!

They do say that if you say a lie over and over again, eventually you'll believe it's the truth.......
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2020, 3:03pm; Reply: 19
Is it possible that our front 6 on Saturday will be Hanson, Clarke, Tilley, Vernam, Hess and Benson? Whether that's 433, 442 or something else I haven't a clue!
Posted by: Teesknees, January 16, 2020, 3:05pm; Reply: 20
Let's hope they can soon put this to bed!

I'm sorry!
Posted by: Tommy, January 16, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 21
https://twitter.com/HumbersideSport/status/1217824252734443521?s=19
Posted by: Tommy, January 16, 2020, 3:10pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Is it possible that our front 6 on Saturday will be Hanson, Clarke, Tilley, Vernam, Hess and Benson? Whether that's 433, 442 or something else I haven't a clue!

I really can't see IH playing 442.

Think we're being set up to play a 433 or 4231. And actually flexible enough to play either of those (granted, there's not a huge difference between them) within the same game without making a substitution.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Tommy

Think we're being set up to play a 433 or 4231. And actually flexible enough to play either of those (granted, there's not a huge difference between them) within the same game without making a substitution.

I'm guessing but Hess & Benson holding, Tilley & Vernam wide with Clarke behind Hanson?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 24
The front end of the team could be quite fluid swapping wings or who's in number 10 role etc.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 16, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Teesknees
Let's hope they can soon put this to bed!

I'm sorry!

They will.

Unless there is divan intervention

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 16, 2020, 4:09pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from AdamHaddock

They will.

Unless there is divan intervention

Providing we can keep a clean sheet?

Posted by: Bigdog, January 16, 2020, 4:17pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Tommy

4-2-3-1 seems most likely picking up snippets from IH interviews..
Posted by: dicko995, January 16, 2020, 4:19pm; Reply: 28
Knowing Ollie, it will be 2-2-6 the way hes going, haha. You cant help but love the guy :)
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 16, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 29
Confirmed on GET web site
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 16, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 30
Confirmed on GET web site
Posted by: Son of Cod, January 16, 2020, 4:50pm; Reply: 31
If his description on the OS is correct, I can't see Robson coming back now.
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 16, 2020, 5:00pm; Reply: 32
Sounds another good signing. Burnley fans saying that we picked up two of their most promising players in their under 23 squad.

Both should be hungry and eager to impress.  Just hope we unearth a decent striker now to put the chances away
Posted by: moosey_club, January 16, 2020, 6:10pm; Reply: 33
Hope he has some drive and pace, thats what the centre midfield has been crying out for god knows how long.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 16, 2020, 6:22pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Stew0_0
Sounds another good signing. Burnley fans saying that we picked up two of their most promising players in their under 23 squad.

Both should be hungry and eager to impress.  Just hope we unearth a decent striker now to put the chances away

from my viewpoint we may well have the strikers in already....the main problem has been creating a regular supply of chances and supporting the strikers..if he deploys any of Tilley....Wright...Clarke...Vernam as dedicated wingers and has some drive from the centre midfield then more opportunities should arise.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2020, 6:46pm; Reply: 35
It is also going to be the regulars looking around on Sat checking which new player is which.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 16, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 36
It is also going to be the regulars looking around on Sat checking which new player is which.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 7:18pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from moosey_club

from my viewpoint we may well have the strikers in already....the main problem has been creating a regular supply of chances and supporting the strikers..if he deploys any of Tilley....Wright...Clarke...Vernam as dedicated wingers and has some drive from the centre midfield then more opportunities should arise.

I agree, can't see us bringing in a goalscoring striker. For one they don't grow on trees available for free especially in the January window and Ollie said we needed a little help creating the chances up front which we've now got with the new signings.

If Tilley and Clarke et al keep putting it on a plate for the likes of Hanson you can bet your bottom dollar we soon banging them in again.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 16, 2020, 7:20pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from moosey_club

We will soon see if that is the case won't we? Getting Hanson fit is a big issue here. I suspect IH will want to see if the Hanson/Clarke thing will work for Town and also how good Green is when he's fit ........ then he can decide what we need and who needs to go to pay for it. One thing I think IH will be strong on is consistency and players will have to produce the goods every week or someone else will be in their place. In that case I wonder about Rose, Cardwell, Cook etc.

Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 7:22pm; Reply: 39
Is Cook really an efficient use of wages with his injury proneness?
Posted by: bobbyturtle, January 16, 2020, 7:56pm; Reply: 40
welcome josh
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2020, 10:16pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Heisenberg

I hadn't thought of it like that!  You may be right, I've simply put two and two together, when deep down I thought I'd actually read it somewhere!

They do say that if you say a lie over and over again, eventually you'll believe it's the truth.......

Or you get elected
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2020, 11:34pm; Reply: 42
Welcome Josh Ollie is getting a very good team together.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 17, 2020, 9:38am; Reply: 43
Quoted from moosey_club

Tilley....Benson....Vernham for me.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 17, 2020, 1:30pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from 123614

Tilley....Benson....Vernham for me.

If we still had Bolarwinwa (sp?) we could have had Tilley, Tom and Tiny*

* Max: don’t know if he’s that small really but in the interest of a crap line I’ll say he qualifies
Posted by: Sigone, January 17, 2020, 3:10pm; Reply: 45
Great interview on ifollow...ffs.. get audio right before posting please

Edit..sorted now...southern accent still couldn't understand him lol
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 18, 2020, 11:11am; Reply: 46
Just watched the interview, how many cliches did he have as answers, talk about finding out nothing about the lads character  :)  Starting to get a feeling about these signings good times are coming.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:55am