Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 15, 2020, 3:27pm
Never mind Ollie's hotline to his wannabe players, who would you like to see come to GTFC, and why?

Obviously money is an object, as in reality, so only realistic names allowed.

Whether its players who could command a fee, or those currently not playing in a first team, or even those without a club.......go for it  8)
Posted by: It Bites, January 15, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 1
Adam Rooney and that bloke who has been banging them in for Swindon
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, January 15, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 2
Podge
Posted by: A.l.f., January 15, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 3
Ryan Edmondson on loan (Leeds U23 player)
Posted by: GtfcGarner, January 15, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 4
The young left back who plays for Salford. Ibou Touray?
When we went to their place he was up and down all night and had bags of energy delivering balls into the box would be an absolute treat for Hanson
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 15, 2020, 4:07pm; Reply: 5
Port Vale's Worrall
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 15, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 6
Would agree re Eoin Doyle, blonde pony tailed skipper of FGR and midfield guy from Swindon who ran the game at BP. Sorry about their names but at the age where can’t remember from one week to the next.

Finally for attacking midfield player, if he could get fit, Lee Frecklington from Lincoln would make excellent loan signing until the summer.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 15, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 7
Doyle wouldn't be able to play for us until August which would be a bit of a blow.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 15, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 8
Anyone heard of Joshua Kayode? Rotherham striker.

Has spent the first-half of the season on loan at Gateshead.

Scored nine goals, four assists and given four man of the match awards in 27 appearances and most of those after coming from the bench.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2020, 4:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GtfcGarner
The young left back who plays for Salford. Ibou Touray?
When we went to their place he was up and down all night and had bags of energy delivering balls into the box would be an absolute treat for Hanson

We've just signed a young left back!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 15, 2020, 4:46pm; Reply: 10

Scored nine goals, four assists and given four man of the match awards in 27 appearances and most of those after coming from the bench.

Linked with joining the Scunts I believe
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, January 15, 2020, 4:53pm; Reply: 11

Just signed for Carlisle til end of season.. like the look of Archibald at Macclesfield
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2020, 5:52pm; Reply: 12
Grant & Doughty from Swindon's midfield
Posted by: livosnose, January 15, 2020, 6:07pm; Reply: 13
I liked the left sided attacker for Orient , who turned Hendrie into a pretzel . Great pace and delivery (possible too much showboating at times though )
Posted by: Squinter, January 15, 2020, 6:17pm; Reply: 14
Being selfish I'd like to see Margot Robbie.  Left winger when attacking Pontoon, right winger when attacking Osmond 😀
Posted by: Ipswin, January 15, 2020, 6:48pm; Reply: 15
Podge and Neil Warnock ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 15, 2020, 8:06pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Port Vale's Worrall

Agree. Just for the name!

Nya kirby or James Daly (I asked a palace supporting mate who they would reckon)

Callum gribbin- sheff utd
Posted by: A.l.f., January 15, 2020, 8:51pm; Reply: 17
Have always admired Krystian Pearce of Mansfield.  Really surprised that they are releasing him.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 15, 2020, 9:30pm; Reply: 18
Whoever IH signs
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 15, 2020, 9:58pm; Reply: 19
A midfield illegitimate.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 15, 2020, 10:08pm; Reply: 20
I trust in Ollie, don't pay much attention to other teams and their player's other than to go 'Ooh their number 8 good' and haven't a clue on situations, wages, who would be realistic within our reach, available without a fee etc etc.

A player could look good in one game against us but have a shocking attitude and work ethic that would break the harmony of our squad

That's what the manager's paid for, to do his due diligence and get who would suit and fit out of those realistically available. I'm just along for the ride.

But yeah a yard dog snapper would be handy.
Posted by: toontown, January 15, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from livosnose
I liked the left sided attacker for Orient , who turned Hendrie into a pretzel . Great pace and delivery (possible too much showboating at times though )

Agreed. He looked good.

Maybe a creative central midfielder too, we've already got the terrier types. Need more quality. And more pace
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 16, 2020, 9:25am; Reply: 22
Shaun pearson
Posted by: PoutonStepover, January 16, 2020, 9:59am; Reply: 23
There’s a couple of exciting young lads who would destroy this division if we could get them in on loan:

Danny Cashman (Brighton U23) assuming IH has got some contacts at Brighton with us getting Tilley from there, he might be able to reunite the 2, he’s is a great playmaker who would link up great with a goal poacher....

Jay Stansfield (Fulham U18) - they stole him from Exeter in the summer, forcing them to accept a few hundred grand rather than lose him for an arbitration fee. He’s smashing them in for fun in the Premier League U18s, scored 11 goals in 3 games a couple of months back.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2020, 10:16am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Shaun pearson

I love Shaun, we should never have let him go and most of us said it at the time, but I do believe the 4 central defenders we have are all more than good enough.  I think we're really strong in that department.

Not sure how Shaun's doing nowadays, but Wrexham are having an absolute stinker of a season after looking dead certs for promotion 12 months ago.  I'd say their fans are some of the few who've actually had it worse than us in recent history - 10 years down there now, and more likely to go further down than join us next season.  They must be in turmoil.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 16, 2020, 10:41am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Rik e B
I trust in Ollie, don't pay much attention to other teams and their player's other than to go 'Ooh their number 8 good' and haven't a clue on situations, wages, who would be realistic within our reach, available without a fee etc etc.

A player could look good in one game against us but have a shocking attitude and work ethic that would break the harmony of our squad

That's what the manager's paid for, to do his due diligence and get who would suit and fit out of those realistically available. I'm just along for the ride.

But yeah a[/b] yard dog [b]snapper would be handy.

I am a bit passed it now
Posted by: dicko995, January 16, 2020, 10:54am; Reply: 26
would of liked to see Conor Townsend back here, but that position has been filled now.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2020, 11:12am; Reply: 27
Quoted from dicko995
would of liked to see Conor Townsend back here, but that position has been filled now.

And he's at West Brom, so that really WOULD be aiming high!
Posted by: Abdul19, January 16, 2020, 11:16am; Reply: 28
More chance of signing Andy Townsend!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 16, 2020, 11:22am; Reply: 29
Codalmighty said Glennon's debut was 'Connor Townsend good' so we should be alright there.

Sheesh, I've even started reading that site again such is my thirst for Town news at the minute! They've drunk me off in past their general disdain for and aloofness over The Fishy, amongst other things.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 16, 2020, 1:08pm; Reply: 30
I saw Notts County v Bromley the other week and Bromley had a central defender called Chris Bush who had a huge throw on him which he scored direct from (and was correctly disallowed) but Notts were panicking at the back and scared to put the ball out for a throw.

I always think teams should have a player or two that can absolutely launch a throw because it makes defences panic.
Posted by: PoutonStepover, January 16, 2020, 11:51pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I saw Notts County v Bromley the other week and Bromley had a central defender called Chris Bush who had a huge throw on him which he scored direct from (and was correctly disallowed) but Notts were panicking at the back and scared to put the ball out for a throw.

I always think teams should have a player or two that can absolutely launch a throw because it makes defences panic.

Used to hate Dave Challinor with a passion. Almost as much as I hate Neal Bishop *spit*
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:42pm