Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 13, 2020, 11:18pm
Ollie proudly reported that his phone had melted with calls from players who wanted to play under him. He then hinted that he wanted to organise a match to get some of those players together.

Has anyone heard anything more? Any whispers of 'secret' match(es) being organised?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 14, 2020, 12:21am; Reply: 1
Has Fenty had to fork out for a new phone as well as a new Merc?
Posted by: Garth, January 14, 2020, 7:47am; Reply: 2
Think some of those players are expecting to be paid what Ollie used to pay them at other clubs, and are seeking a last hurrah, JFS will be hiding his cheque book
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 14, 2020, 8:30am; Reply: 3
I think Fenty will be hiding!!
Posted by: Ipswin, January 14, 2020, 11:20am; Reply: 4
I would be interested if Ryan Taylor gave him a call I wonder if Holloway would be too?

I don't know if anyone heard him on Fatty Brazil's Talksport show this morning but he's desperate to find a club (sounds like he fell out at Fleetwood)

OK I know he's 35 but we've had older players who have played at a higher level in our back four in the past and some of them did great for us
Posted by: mimma, January 14, 2020, 11:25am; Reply: 5
Ollie isn't hanging about in the transfer window is he? Makes you think that our previous managers dithered and couldn't make their minds up.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 14, 2020, 12:35pm; Reply: 6
Or didn't have the contacts and/or pulling power.
Posted by: gtfckyle, January 14, 2020, 12:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Ipswin
I would be interested if Ryan Taylor gave him a call I wonder if Holloway would be too?

I don't know if anyone heard him on Fatty Brazil's Talksport show this morning but he's desperate to find a club (sounds like he fell out at Fleetwood)

OK I know he's 35 but we've had older players who have played at a higher level in our back four in the past and some of them did great for us

I'd take him just for his set piece ability!
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 14, 2020, 1:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

35, injury prone throughout his career, probably not fit enough due to lack of action and plays at centre back where we have lots of cover.

I wonder what you would say if someone else had made that suggestion 🤔
Posted by: Rik e B, January 14, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 9
Yeah we got 4 solid centrebacks unless we about to bin off Ohman or sell Pollock.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 3:50pm