Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 9, 2020, 5:43pm
Great to see

The Holloway effect, after the Orient, lets sell out BP for Holloway's first home game.

Momentum is everything, look what Lincoln achieved, when you get everything right, on and off the pitch.

For Ian Holloway's first home game in charge, kids will go FREE with an accompanying adult in all stands!

At the request of the manager himself and to encourage the next generation of GTFC fans in the area, kids will go FREE to our game vs. Exeter City on Saturday 18th January when accompanied by a paying adult*.

This offer also applies to season ticket holders, who can bring a child aged 14 and under to the game when presenting their season ticket book at the ticket office prior to kick-off.

Those who have already purchased junior tickets for the game can return them to Blundell Park for a refund and reissue of ticket.
Posted by: smokey111, January 9, 2020, 6:40pm; Reply: 1
Just checking. Can I bring both my lads for free, if i pay?
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 9, 2020, 7:04pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from smokey111
Just checking. Can I bring both my lads for free, if i pay?

*One free junior per paying adult
Posted by: smokey111, January 9, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 3
Mind you, the other would only be a fiver I think????
Posted by: Mallyner, January 9, 2020, 8:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from The Yard Dog

*One free junior per paying adult

I once took up this offer, but I spent most of the match running up and down for hot dogs and pop.

I have had enough problems  taking my own kids.  ;)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 9, 2020, 9:41pm; Reply: 5
Great stuff, the two mini-me's in tow then ✌️
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2020, 12:34am; Reply: 6
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Great to see

The Holloway effect, after the Orient, lets sell out BP for Holloway's first home game.

Momentum is everything, look what Lincoln achieved, when you get everything right, on and off the pitch.

At the request of the manager himself and to encourage the next generation of GTFC fans in the area, kids will go FREE to our game vs. Exeter City on Saturday 18th January

He’s a one man revolution!

I think you’re right about the Lincoln example.
Posted by: Mayaman, January 10, 2020, 12:37am; Reply: 7
Makes sense, doesn't it.  Footie nowadays is a costly affair, so a lot of blokes might not go, Now they have an incentive and you have go all those extra paying adults.  More people, means more sales in the ground and club shop.  If Carlsberg did football managers...............
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 12, 2020, 12:53pm; Reply: 8
Olly has now seen our fantastic away following, now we need to show him at home, were it really counts, financially benefits the club.

We should put Exeter in the corner and sell the Osmond stand to home fans.

Olly putting in the miles and hours, trying to get better standard of players to come here.

So lets do our bit and pack the park, and show and potential players, its worth coming to Grimsby.

Come on UTMM
Posted by: Rik e B, January 12, 2020, 12:55pm; Reply: 9
Ollie's said its boosting the home crowd that'll really help us move forward, as in it'll directly boost his future warchest for a promotion push so let's all pack the park!
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 12, 2020, 5:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Rik e B
Ollie's said its boosting the home crowd that'll really help us move forward, as in it'll directly boost his future warchest for a promotion push so let's all pack the park!

The ability to boost it at Blundell Park is limited though. The match day experience just isn't good enough for the 21st century to attract alot of families on a regular basis. Also, unfortunately, we still have the spectre of crowd disorder associated with BP and its environs for big games. However, at a new stadium in the centre of Gy at Freemo, with Ollie at the helm, and the team performing anything like reasonably well, I think we might all be surprised. Clubs like Lincoln and Rotherham have returned to crowds last seen regularly in the 1950s - if Town did that we;d be looking at 8k at this level and five figures in League 1.

Posted by: smokey111, January 12, 2020, 5:53pm; Reply: 11
Agree entirely Limerick.

I heard about 3 months ago that Freemo was going to be the location. Now we are 'all blue'🙄, Holloway has joined (and invested money) and JF seemed chipper in his most recent youtube appearance I am even more convinced.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 12, 2020, 7:02pm; Reply: 12
Yes it's true Limerick, BP is a hole and it's not a very attractive proposition for a day out.
Posted by: oochiad, January 12, 2020, 7:59pm; Reply: 13
It’s all opinions I suppose, I’ve been going to BP with my old man on and off for47 years and admittedly we have only made it once this season on New Years Day as he has Cancer but we still love the ground. It is steeped in history and although I’d love a new stadium part of me will miss BP. UTMM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 14, 2020, 1:51pm; Reply: 14
Please do not use BP as excuse as to not going to watch GTFC, you either a fan or not. While the facilities are not like a lot of modern stadiums, its the product on the pitch you are ultimate there for. I for one love BP, its the home of the football club I have supported since a was a kid.

We are know that we need a new stadium to be able to progress, I just hope, if (when) we get a new stadium its not souless , like alot of the new football stadium.

Until such time, IH needs bums on seats at BP, to enable to him to improve the product on the pitch and achieve what we all want, promotion.

IH is doing all he can, raising the profile of the club, getting new players in, connecting with everybody, wanting to inspire the next generation of supporters.

Together we can create a real atmosphere at BP again, over the years its died, its time for the phoniex to rise again, lets make a wall of noise at BP for the whole 90 minutes, like the away days.  We expect the players to give 100%, we fans should give IH and the players 100% in return. Hope the drummer is there on Saturday and Mighty Mariner works the crowd for the duration of the game.

Its a new beginning, look forward, not in the past, lets enjoy the journey, they will be ups and downs, hopefully more ups.

All abroad Noah and Nelly Skylark (you younger ones google it). Captain nutty Noah is IH and Nelly is KH.

Lets enjoy the journey, fasten your seatbelts for a rollercoaster ride.

Has IH says UTMM

Come on lets pack the park on Saturday

Posted by: Rik e B, January 14, 2020, 2:36pm; Reply: 15
That bloody drummer who joined the 'Fenty out' brigade at Macclesfield, disgraceful. But we move on, alot of kids just join in with whatever is being sung, I know I did with the 'Carr Out' shenanigans as a young teen. Looking back I think what a pleb.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:48pm