Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, January 9, 2020, 1:35pm
Story

The Grimsby Town Disabled Supporters club was one of the first of it’s kind in the country when it first launched back in the 1970’s and is still going strong today.

Over the years the dedicated band of supporters have travelled thousands of miles to watch the Mighty Mariners - but it is a very expensive business and the group do not have the funds to go to all of Town’s games.

We are looking for donations to boost their coffers and hopefully they will be able to

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/gtfcdisabledsupporters
Posted by: GYRanger, January 9, 2020, 2:09pm; Reply: 1
Already 25% towards the target in a very short time, i'm sure the target will be reached pretty quickly due to our generous supporters.
Posted by: A.l.f., January 9, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 2
Done - worthwhile as they are an imprtant part of GTFC
Posted by: lee65, January 9, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 3
Done - hope you make the target ASAP  :)
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 9, 2020, 3:29pm; Reply: 4
Done, good luck. Let’s hope we can raise enough for next season too!
Posted by: dicko995, January 9, 2020, 6:49pm; Reply: 5
done too, a great thing to do
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 9, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 6
NO travel cost's this week end so a No Brainer they go way back they need our support UTM
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 9, 2020, 8:05pm; Reply: 7
Just donated, any chance they can hold a collection at Orient, sure to get a few hundred there.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 9, 2020, 8:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Just donated, any chance they can hold a collection at Orient, sure to get a few hundred there.

That giving page will hit or go way beyond its target before Saturday, 73% in 8 hours.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 9, 2020, 8:10pm; Reply: 9
A poster on here out something up on Facebook that my Mrs happened to see, so a few paddy pounds have been sent.

Well done to all those involved
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 9, 2020, 9:39pm; Reply: 10
Done!
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), January 9, 2020, 11:40pm; Reply: 11
Baked potatoes, beans and cheese tonight.  Hope the tenner I would have spent on a kebab buys a loyal fan some joy. X
Posted by: grimps, January 10, 2020, 7:47am; Reply: 12
Just seen they smashed their target in just a few hours , fandtasic stuff .
Now let’s keep sharing and see if we can find them for next season too
Posted by: Yoda, January 10, 2020, 1:53pm; Reply: 13
They should do a collection at the Exeter game.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 10, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 14
Now up to £3500.00 - good work folks - keep on giving!
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 10, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 15
Brilliant work to all those involved, these supporters are among the best in the country, turning out to watch the mighty GTFC what ever the weather.
The supporters of this club, are amazing, £3.5K raised in less than 24hrs.

UTM
Posted by: Rik e B, January 10, 2020, 3:49pm; Reply: 16
Just gave a small amount as on crappy statutory sick pay which hitting me hard but it all helps.

May I say that the disabled supporters are amongst our most devoted, for many GTFC is the one thing that gives them their greatest joy and outlet, remember sharing buses with them when Bernard didn't have the numbers sometimes way back when. Absolutely dedicated knowledgeable hardcore supporters 👌
Posted by: jock dock tower, January 10, 2020, 3:59pm; Reply: 17
Re mention of a collection at the Exeter game. I remember the odd game in the 70s where a half time blanket collection, encouraging folk to donate straight from the stands, always tended to do rather well. There's bound to be a decent crowd with the promotions going on for it.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 10, 2020, 6:03pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jock dock tower
Re mention of a collection at the Exeter game. I remember the odd game in the 70s where a half time blanket collection, encouraging folk to donate straight from the stands, always tended to do rather well. There's bound to be a decent crowd with the promotions going on for it.

Ahh! The good old tarpaulin muster.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 10, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 19
We are all Town  arn't we  Never a truer word  donated  for a really good cause  To people that work very hard  to help others  Well done to all the great caring Town fans that donated   >:( >:(
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 10, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 20
Thank for he red x  Take a look at yourself  If you donated I'll take it
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 12, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 21
Trying to keep this as one of the top threads

UTMM
Posted by: lee65, January 12, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 22
£3691 currently  :)
Posted by: mariner83, January 12, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 23
Can someone please bump this next weekend please, will remind me to donate on payday. Cheers.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 12, 2020, 4:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from mariner83
Can someone please bump this next weekend please, will remind me to donate on payday. Cheers.

will do mate
Posted by: Yoda, January 13, 2020, 11:27am; Reply: 25
Great effort by everybody.
Posted by: Yoda, January 15, 2020, 12:18am; Reply: 26
great effort
Posted by: lobsterpot, January 15, 2020, 4:57pm; Reply: 27
Dont know if it's been mentioned on here but it's been suggested to the trust that instead of these future fundraisers for the disabled supporters club, anyone is welcome to start up a monthly direct debit debit donation to the cause, say £5 per month or whatever you can afford. Just over £1 per month is a pittance to me personelly so that's what i'm doing. Anyone wanting more info can get in touch with Dave or the trust! PS Absolutly awesome effort by all involved to raise the initial amount, anyone know what the final total was? UTMM
Posted by: forza ivano, January 15, 2020, 5:07pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from lobsterpot
Dont know if it's been mentioned on here but it's been suggested to the trust that instead of these future fundraisers for the disabled supporters club, anyone is welcome to start up a monthly direct debit debit donation to the cause, say £5 per month or whatever you can afford. Just over £1 per month is a pittance to me personelly so that's what i'm doing. Anyone wanting more info can get in touch with Dave or the trust! PS Absolutly awesome effort by all involved to raise the initial amount, anyone know what the final total was? UTMM

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/gtfcdisabledsupporters   and increases day by day....
Posted by: Davec, January 15, 2020, 7:27pm; Reply: 29
£225 off 5k when the target was 3k
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 17, 2020, 12:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from mariner83

As requested
Posted by: forza ivano, January 18, 2020, 10:20am; Reply: 31
£4885 is the new total. Come on Fishy folk, let's get it over that £5000 Mark
Posted by: Davec, January 19, 2020, 8:31am; Reply: 32
Bump
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 19, 2020, 9:33am; Reply: 33
Heard that Harry Clifton gave his match boots to be auctioned
Posted by: Grimal, January 19, 2020, 12:02pm; Reply: 34
Done,,  Now stands at £4910...  Great gesture by Harry,he's Town through and through.I bet the poor lad was hurting after his mistake yesterday. Head up Harry we go again. UTM.
Posted by: heppy88, January 19, 2020, 12:36pm; Reply: 35
Taken from the Just Giving page:

Fantastic achievement so far and as a result, we are keeping the page open for a couple more weeks. £5,000 will be transferred asap and then the final total will be formally presented at the Forest Green Rovers match on February 1st. To try and support this cause on a continual basis we have set up a standing order system for those who would like to contribute on a monthly basis. The link is here: https://bit.ly/2NyhEKK
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:08am