Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 8, 2020, 9:13am
A mate of mine is expecting to be in Hull Hospital over the weekend.

Is there any way of him getting the Town match on the tellybox ?

He will be stuck on a ward I believe.  Is it a laptop job and if so what does he need to do. ??
Posted by: Rik e B, January 8, 2020, 10:00am; Reply: 1
For a Saturday game you'd need a vpn to appear abroad to be be allowed to watch on ifollow.

Otherwise I hear iptv has games with some providers. See recent 'IPTV' thread.
Posted by: Irv93, January 8, 2020, 10:22am; Reply: 2
As I found out on a recent trip to the US, having a foreign IP address isn't even enough to watch the game on iFollow... so I'm not even sure using a VPN to change the IP address would work. Though obviously I'd be happy to be proven wrong and you're welcome to try. As I understand it, it is the bank account that pays for the iFollow subscription which must be from a foreign bank as well as the IP address. Pain in the a*se!
Posted by: bradzmilne, January 8, 2020, 10:30am; Reply: 3
Do any pubs locally show it or is that now a thing of the past ?
Posted by: Rik e B, January 8, 2020, 10:35am; Reply: 4
Yes I failed when using my free vpn
Posted by: Rik e B, January 8, 2020, 10:38am; Reply: 5
Poor bloke stuck on a ward, I just got turfed out cubicle into one as they needed it for new patient and by eck the old boy opposite, lovely though he is, boy can he snore! 😩
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 8, 2020, 10:56am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rik e B
Poor bloke stuck on a ward, I just got turfed out cubicle into one as they needed it for new patient and by eck the old boy opposite, lovely though he is, boy can he snore! 😩

Ha ha, tell me about it. When I was in Hull Royal on one occasion, I was in there for 6 weeks. First week I was on the main ward and one old boy next to me must have been the loudest snorer in the world. After that though I was offered a cubicle on my own so spent the next 5 weeks in there. Got a bit lonely at times I must admit but at least I got a decent nights sleep. (Well as decent as you can get in a hospital bed with wires coming out of you)  :)
Posted by: Rik e B, January 8, 2020, 11:04am; Reply: 7
Yeah the wires a nuisance, sort you out though! 😅

Grimsby Hospital Radio doing my head in now -clearly aimed at the aged 😩
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, January 8, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
Yeah the wires a nuisance, sort you out though! 😅

Grimsby Hospital Radio doing my head in now -clearly aimed at the aged 😩

Hope you're soon back on your feet?

Are you managing to get Town commentaries in there on hospital radio like there used to be?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 8, 2020, 1:53pm; Reply: 9
Try signing up for a new iFollow account and use a VPN to purchase a match pass. Worked for me to watch a Saturday game earlier in the season. However you can only do that once because once you've used a UK bank account to pay for a match pass in another country they put a blocker on the account.
Posted by: Kris2, January 8, 2020, 2:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Irv93
As I found out on a recent trip to the US, having a foreign IP address isn't even enough to watch the game on iFollow... so I'm not even sure using a VPN to change the IP address would work. Though obviously I'd be happy to be proven wrong and you're welcome to try. As I understand it, it is the bank account that pays for the iFollow subscription which must be from a foreign bank as well as the IP address. Pain in the a*se!

It's about what country you register an account in and not where you are when you use it. If you use a VPN to make an account and pay for it then I'm sure it works anywhere.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 8, 2020, 2:04pm; Reply: 11
Bar stewards!

Nearly on feet, didn't realise about little radio contraption Saturday and had to make do with telegraph updates as all BBC commentaries online were elsewhere or shut down 😒. Should be out soon though
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 8, 2020, 2:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Try signing up for a new iFollow account and use a VPN to purchase a match pass. Worked for me to watch a Saturday game earlier in the season. However you can only do that once because once you've used a UK bank account to pay for a match pass in another country they put a blocker on the account.

You may be able to get round that if you use paypal in US$, even then they will know your address from patpal? Worth a try though?

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:55am