Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2020, 7:28pm
Spent last Saturday night in London, drove home Sunday morning, more in hope than expectation and Sunday's game was much as most expected. What has happened since is barely credible, top name manager, reinvigorated support, six points, a 'different' John Fenty, new players on the horizon and a plan going forward for fresh impetus for a new stadium.

Bit of a whirlwind really!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 4, 2020, 7:30pm; Reply: 1
Not in my wildest dreams!
Posted by: denni266, January 4, 2020, 7:36pm; Reply: 2
Never in a million years could we have thought this week was going to happen. And just in time to save us  IMO
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 4, 2020, 8:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Spent last Saturday night in London, drove home Sunday morning, more in hope than expectation and Sunday's game was much as most expected. What has happened since is barely credible, top name manager, reinvigorated support, six points, a 'different' John Fenty, new players on the horizon and a plan going forward for fresh impetus for a new stadium.

If Carlsberg did Cristmas for GTFC
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 4, 2020, 8:38pm; Reply: 4
Still can’t believe it TBH
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 4, 2020, 9:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I believe all of it apart from the different Fenty part.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2020, 9:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I believe all of it apart from the different Fenty part.

I try and see the best in everyone!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 4, 2020, 10:03pm; Reply: 7
Hopefully Ollie, a proper football man, can knock some heads together in the boardroom and stop them ambling about like headless chickens.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 4, 2020, 10:16pm; Reply: 8
Kim... in the rune stones   :)
Posted by: bawarmy, January 4, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 9
I’ve heard Jason puncheon is coming in as one of those new players. No idea if true .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 4, 2020, 10:41pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from bawarmy
I’ve heard Jason puncheon is coming in as one of those new players. No idea if true .

He’s been playing in Cyprus not sure if he’s still over there.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 4, 2020, 11:40pm; Reply: 11
Stats say no goals or assists for over 3 years, will fit perfectly :)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 5, 2020, 12:10am; Reply: 12
Holloway had him at Palace for 3 months before he got sacked. Think he's at the club that Cameron Toshack has just started managing.is still playing and scored his first goal for them last month
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 5, 2020, 1:31am; Reply: 13
Wasn't he part of Holloway's Blackpool team?
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, January 5, 2020, 8:37am; Reply: 14
Unlikely I think signed a two year deal in august 2019
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 5, 2020, 11:34am; Reply: 15
Jordan Mutch has just been mentioned to me?
Posted by: Davec, January 5, 2020, 12:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tinymariner

I think he would be a gamble well worth taking, his career looks to have faltered over the last couple of seasons but at one stage he was playing fairly reguarly in the championship/premiership, 27 years of age so it is not like he is the wrong side of 30
Posted by: golfer, January 5, 2020, 1:24pm; Reply: 17
On page 482 of Old Moors Almanac it states exactly what the opening post from Codger says. I have a few Almanacs for sale reasonably priced if anyone interested. It does give the score of the Premiership decider 2026 between Grimsby Town and Lincoln City. Interesting reading.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2020, 3:08pm; Reply: 18
Mutch is a free agent, so could be a possibility.
Posted by: livosnose, January 5, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Tinymariner

Another player with a famous footballing  dad to add to the already exciting ranks. FYI Andy Much was prolific for Wolves alongside Steve Bull late 80s and 90s.
Posted by: grimps, January 5, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 20
I remember Mutch and Bull hitting 60 goals between them one season when they was running away with the league  , Bull got called up for England while playing in the old 3rd division .
Still they couldn’t score against us when Buckley he just taken over as we knocked them out the cup that season
Posted by: livosnose, January 5, 2020, 3:34pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimps
I remember Much and Bull hitting 60 goals between them one season when they was running away with the league  , Bull got called up for England while playing in the old 3rd division .
Still they couldn’t score against us when Buckley he just taken over as we knocked them out the cup that season

Think we scored direct from a corner possibly Cockerill
Posted by: ginnywings, January 5, 2020, 3:38pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimps
I remember Mutch and Bull hitting 60 goals between them one season when they was running away with the league  , Bull got called up for England while playing in the old 3rd division .

Remember that game well. Thought Bull would terrorise us, but we kept him quiet.
Posted by: grimps, January 5, 2020, 3:38pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from livosnose

Think we scored direct from a corner possibly Cockerill

Yeah that’s the one .
In my time following Town there’s been 3 eras were I’ve felt a buzz about the Town from the Mariners .
Buckley Mk1
Ivano
Buckley Mk2
Hopefully we’re entering another
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:05am