Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, January 4, 2020, 6:23pm
Sunderland manager confirms Ethan Robson will be going back to Sunderland and out on loan to another club
Posted by: lee65, January 4, 2020, 6:26pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Davec
Sunderland manager confirms Ethan Robson will be going back to Sunderland and out on loan to another club

That’s a shame  :-/
Posted by: davmariner, January 4, 2020, 6:27pm; Reply: 2
Have never liked Phil Parkinson.
Posted by: grimps, January 4, 2020, 6:28pm; Reply: 3
Doesn’t mate sense unless it’s a club in a higher league and I doubt they’d loan him to someone in their division
Posted by: Rik e B, January 4, 2020, 6:29pm; Reply: 4
Well at least there's plenty banging down the door wanting to join the Ollie Revolution (on reduced wages from what they're used to even.)

But he's served us well and it's a shame, wish him every success in his fledgling career.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 4, 2020, 6:30pm; Reply: 5
Would guess it's someone like Lincoln or Doncaster :(
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimps
Doesn’t mate sense unless it’s a club in a higher league and I doubt they’d loan him to someone in their division

Having just read Parkinson’s comments, it seems he wants to have a look at him and we haven’t said we want to keep him whilst others have shown interest. He’s their player after all.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2020, 6:35pm; Reply: 7
Opens the door for someone else. He's done well and looks like he could play a step higher to me, but i'm sure we can bring in someone else just as effective, hopefully a permanent signing.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 4, 2020, 6:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Having just read Parkinson’s comments, it seems he wants to have a look at him and we haven’t said we want to keep him whilst others have shown interest. He’s their player after all.

Presumably because we've been without a manager for the 6 weeks prior to this one? Holloway did say in his post match interview that he'd be making some calls early next week over the two loan lads (I assume meaning Robson & Gibson), so it sounds like we're also interested in keeping Robson now we have a permanent manager in place again. I don't think it's a given Robson has definitely played his last game for us just yet!
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 4, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 9
We’ll swap him for Embo.
Posted by: Maringer, January 4, 2020, 6:52pm; Reply: 10
Wasn't overly impressed with him during the early part of his stay (his set pieces in particular!) but he's really come into his own over the past month as he's added real bite in midfield and has been tidy on the ball as well. If he doesn't stay, we'll certainly need a similar replacement as he's got a bit more height, strength and pace than Hessenthaler or Clifton.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, January 4, 2020, 8:20pm; Reply: 11
Does the player get a say, if not in Sunderlands plans, and  Ethan happy here, would make sense, to let him stay, especially now we have a better calibre manager to learn from, if he is Mr Holloway plans.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 4, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 12
I thought you couldn’t go on loan to two clubs in the same season, not sure why Sunderland would do that as surely they wouldn’t loan him to a side in their own league when they’re not exactly smashing it?

I would suspect they think IH will bring others in and he won’t get much game time.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 4, 2020, 8:49pm; Reply: 13
He can go on 2 loans as he's not played for Sunderland this season. If Parkinson 'takes a look' by playing him in the first team, he wouldn't be able to loan him to anyone else.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 4, 2020, 9:26pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19
He can go on 2 loans as he's not played for Sunderland this season. If Parkinson 'takes a look' by playing him in the first team, he wouldn't be able to loan him to anyone else.

Ahh that’s it I remember now. If you read the small article I took it that’s he’s going back but could come back, let’s see I’d like to see him back but I’m sure we could bring in as good
Posted by: Abdul19, January 4, 2020, 9:29pm; Reply: 15
I'm hoping he has an Arnaud Mendy of a training session first day back  ;)

But yeah, I'm a lot more confident of our chances of finding a decent replacement than I would've been a week ago!
Posted by: moosey_club, January 4, 2020, 9:43pm; Reply: 16
So was that his last appearance for us today ?

Personally i didnt think he did too much under Jolley but since then he has come to the fore a fair bit more. Covered an awful lot of ground in the last few games, won't shirk a challenge and can be very controlled in possession.
All in all he is possibly a little bit similar to Hess and to a lesser extent Clifton which makes us look a bit one dimensional in the centre. If he goes then its with good grace and best wishes but i think we need a driving force to carry the ball forward to compliment the workrate of others.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 4, 2020, 9:45pm; Reply: 17
Think there could be a bit of negotiation going on here ⚽️
Posted by: davmariner, January 4, 2020, 9:47pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

My thoughts exactly. Remember when Ross Hannah went back to Bradford after his loan finished, when Parkinson was there as manager?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2020, 9:50pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Agree. Don’t see Sunderland picking Ethan to start, also see him thriving under Ollie.
Posted by: toontown, January 4, 2020, 10:48pm; Reply: 20
We need someone with more ability to deliver a dead ball than Robson and Hess to be honest, who are the usual contenders at the mo and neither are up to scratch. I'd like him to stay but ultimately we probably need more creativity in the middle so wouldn't be the end of world if he went back if it frees up a wage to get more balance in the squad/eleven.
Posted by: toontown, January 4, 2020, 10:49pm; Reply: 21
We need someone with more ability to deliver a dead ball than Robson and Hess to be honest, who are the usual contenders at the mo and neither are up to scratch. I'd like him to stay but ultimately we probably need more creativity in the middle so wouldn't be the end of world if he went back if it frees up a wage to get more balance in the squad/eleven.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 5, 2020, 12:12am; Reply: 22
Quoted from davmariner

My thoughts exactly. Remember when Ross Hannah went back to Bradford after his loan finished, when Parkinson was there as manager?

Yeah he was on fire whilst on loan. We were top of the league after beating Wrexham. Went back to Bratfurt came back to us five weeks later and his position had gone to the Shop. Goals dried up. For the whole team not just Hannah.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 5, 2020, 12:22am; Reply: 23
Missed the Essex influence
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:03pm