Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 1, 2020, 11:03am
Excited about the new gaffer but in truth don’t know much about him, apart from having a strong West Country accent and strong personality. What style of football are we likely to see, a Jolley 4-3-3 or Buckley 4-4-2? Watched some stuff on YouTube and briefly concluded he is a good dancer and will be ruthless with players who are late for training. Good podcast with the Beast, Jon Parkin worth a watch.

Looking forward to his first signings, I think he’ll bring in a few high profile experienced vets and I predict he’ll make Max Wright a million plus player in 18 months.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 1, 2020, 11:56am; Reply: 1
Are you my next door neighbour?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 1, 2020, 12:01pm; Reply: 2
I expect to see some fast attacking football with emphasis on passing and movement surely it will bring goals.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 1, 2020, 12:12pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 123614
Are you my next door neighbour?

Could be
Posted by: Devonmatt, January 1, 2020, 12:16pm; Reply: 4
I loved IH's Plymouth team of 06/07.  He played 4-4-2 with very wide wide players and midfielders breaking into the box.  It was the most 'Buckley' style team I'd seen since the glory days of Buckley Mark1.
IH's Blackpool team just opened the pitch up and worked on outscoring the oppo - also a huge joy to watch.  I do think this was a great use of the talent he had at his disposal (rather than a philosophical way of playing) - great (attacking) wingers, attacking midfielders and good centre forwards and not many people who could do the 'dirty' side of the game.
Should be fun to watch IMHO.

UTM!    
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2020, 12:20pm; Reply: 5
We should not expect instant success it will take Ian a while to work his magic.

BUT

It will be fun from the start . ;D
Posted by: psgmariner, January 1, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 6
I thought he was a 442 long ball type of manager.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 1, 2020, 1:01pm; Reply: 7
But a quick google suggests I am wrong...

http://argyle.life/analysis/race-to-home-park-ian-holloway/
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2020, 1:14pm; Reply: 8
I think it will take time but I’d expect better shape and injuries permitting some consistency in selection.

Incomings & outgoings? We’ll see a couple loaned out and a couple come in. Don’t expect anyone well known but would like a bit more experience in mid field and if we bring any U23 loans in I hope their at a similar level as Embelton was last season.

This is exciting but let’s not lose sight of the fact that the current squad is ok when everyone is fit but becomes this very quickly when a couple are crocked and we haven’t got cash to burn.

All that said I’m just glad we can talk about some positives for a change.
Posted by: pizzzza, January 1, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Devonmatt
  He played 4-4-2 with very wide wide players    

Fat wingers?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 1, 2020, 1:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from psgmariner
But a quick google suggests I am wrong...

http://argyle.life/analysis/race-to-home-park-ian-holloway/

Very interesting.has obviously Been thinking of doing something like this for a long time

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/walsall-fc/2019/05/09/ian-holloway-keen-to-talk-to-saddlers/
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 1, 2020, 1:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I think it will take time but I’d expect better shape and injuries permitting some consistency in selection.

Incomings & outgoings? We’ll see a couple loaned out and a couple come in. Don’t expect anyone well known but would like a bit more experience in mid field and if we bring any U23 loans in I hope their at a similar level as Embelton was last season.

This is exciting but let’s not lose sight of the fact that the current squad is ok when everyone is fit but becomes this very quickly when a couple are crocked and we haven’t got cash to burn.

All that said I’m just glad we can talk about some positives for a change.

Summed up perfectly for me so this.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:23pm