Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 31, 2019, 8:17pm
So ladies n gents, we have a manager who's also got a vested interest in the club and it's long term future by buying into the club ..
How many clubs have that acolade??.
Really, really hope this is a new dawn for my beloved GTFC..
Posted by: Perkins, December 31, 2019, 8:30pm; Reply: 1
I may have read the situation wrong, but the way I read it is that he will AQUIRE the shares., doesn't mean he will buy them. Probably the shares are given to him as part of his wages deal.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 31, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 2

Didn't JF say he would have to acquire more shares so we could sign players in the window, maybe this is a way around that ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 31, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 3
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07z8g26

Check out the emotion in his voice at the end.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Perkins
I may have read the situation wrong, but the way I read it is that he will AQUIRE the shares., doesn't mean he will buy them. Probably the shares are given to him as part of his wages deal.

He's bought shares, said so in today's interview.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 31, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 5
IH is basically putting his money where his mouth is.

Great interview.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 31, 2019, 8:52pm; Reply: 6

18 month deal, at last some stability.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 31, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 7
Cannot understand it, the current Mrs Gaffer got me a share as an Xmas gift, but Mr Fenty hasn’t asked me to be the manager, doesn’t know what he’s missing.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 31, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 8
Here's hoping that the 2020's will be more successful for The Mariners than the 2010's were!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2019, 9:20pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
Here's hoping that the 2020's will be more successful for The Mariners than the 2010's were!

I'll drink to that. Hic!
Posted by: Teesknees, December 31, 2019, 9:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07z8g26

Check out the emotion in his voice at the end.

A passion that is infectious, kind of religious...something that's been missing. A man manager that will inspire the players and fans!

You listen to some managers they sound as about as passionate as a homosexual in a brothel (sorry maybe I can't say that these days ffs!!)

He'll convince the most crap players in the squad to give 110%!  

I've got a hard on listenng to that!

Sorry I've drunk enough to stop making sense, so toodle pip!!

Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, December 31, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 11
I'm still pretty dubious, and thought the press conference was bizarre, but this interview has swayed me a little more towards him.
Posted by: Davec, December 31, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I'm still pretty dubious, and thought the press conference was bizarre, but this interview has swayed me a little more towards him.

What are you dubious about and in which way was it bizarre?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 31, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 13

Go on the Grimsby Live site and see the one he did with James Findlater (spelling?) that makes more sense.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 31, 2019, 9:43pm; Reply: 14

Go on the Grimsby Live site and see the one he did with James Findlater (spelling?) that makes more sense.

Apart from the obvious I can also see why he’s keen to retain AL, positive people gravitate to positive people.
Posted by: golfer, December 31, 2019, 11:15pm; Reply: 15
Understand Holloway is now the largest shareholder and he has made JSF the Chairman instead of non chairman and shouty will now be used if the loud speakers break down
Posted by: golfer, December 31, 2019, 11:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Teesknees

A passion that is infectious, kind of religious...something that's been missing. A man manager that will inspire the players and fans!

You listen to some managers they sound as about as passionate as a homosexual in a brothel (sorry maybe I can't say that these days ffs!!)

He'll convince the most crap players in the squad to give 110%!  

I've got a hard on listenng to that!

Sorry I've drunk enough to stop making sense, so toodle pip!!

You are obnoxious obscene disgusting filthy and a fking tozzer------but I like you.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, January 1, 2020, 12:38am; Reply: 17
Actually makes a change a manager who gets us as club and knows what we are about
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 1, 2020, 12:40am; Reply: 18
Will start the year with a positive post I think we could possibly finish higher than our shitty little neighbours now
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 1, 2020, 12:44am; Reply: 19
Quoted from golfer
Understand Holloway is now the largest shareholder and he has made JSF the Chairman instead of non chairman and shouty will now be used if the loud speakers break down

Let's hope down the line Ollie doesn't have to sack himself.

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2020, 1:01am; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Let's hope down the line Ollie doesn't have to sack himself.

He will do that at some point in the future because I believe he will be our chairman when he thinks he can take us no further .as a manager.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, January 1, 2020, 1:09am; Reply: 21
scunthorpe and lincoln are small fry now  :)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 1, 2020, 2:32am; Reply: 22
Wow.what an interview.I'm just beside myself\ gobsmacked\ excited that we've got him. Hoping to see photos of queues outside the ticket office on the back of that appointment
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:15pm