Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 31, 2019, 4:13pm
I'm really delighted and excited about tomorrow and the future of GTFC for the first time in ages. The new stadium sounds nearer than previous and we've got a manager who's made a significant financial sacrifice to get on board. Hopefully, our playing staff will be up to the challenge of impressing a new manager who will clearly (because of his shareholding) be less tolerant of those who don't put everything in. But, we have to remember that it's a long time since this team won a game of football.

With that in mind, please don't expect miracles - get behind the lads and don't get down on them.
Posted by: hheh2, December 31, 2019, 4:30pm; Reply: 1
Imagine the signings he can pull off (drool)(love)(love)(wub)
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 31, 2019, 4:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from hheh2

Ooh matron

Posted by: smokey111, December 31, 2019, 4:36pm; Reply: 3
Having watched the Sky Sports interview you can't help but be enthused. The guy is so positive and it is infectious. I believe football is 75% man management and this guy seems gold dust on that front.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 31, 2019, 4:47pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from hheh2

Ding dong.
Posted by: lee65, December 31, 2019, 5:02pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'm really delighted and excited about tomorrow and the future of GTFC for the first time in ages. The new stadium sounds nearer than previous and we've got a manager who's made a significant financial sacrifice to get on board. Hopefully, our playing staff will be up to the challenge of impressing a new manager who will clearly (because of his shareholding) be less tolerant of those who don't put everything in. But, we have to remember that it's a long time since this team won a game of football.

With that in mind, please don't expect miracles - get behind the lads and don't get down on them.

No, sorry Old Codger, no room for "reality", we've had too many years of it  :), lets at least ride the wave for a while!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 31, 2019, 5:28pm; Reply: 6
When we haven't won a game for ages the expectations are low.  The only way is upwards.  Football is about confidence  for a large part.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 31, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 7
Surely if we’re talking about reality then that is that we’re in a relegation fight, haven’t won for weeks, couldn’t hit a cows bottom with a banjo and we have a despot leader...

I mean, people can get excited and rightly so, why shouldn’t they, it’s happened very few times in 20 years...
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 1, 2020, 2:16am; Reply: 8
Just one thing confuses me.
IH has bought a substantial number of shares, but he is only on an 18 month contract.
Listen to the the interview
Posted by: Ipswin, January 1, 2020, 8:55am; Reply: 9
IH has bought a substantial number of shares, but he is only on an 18 month contract.

My guess is Fenty has undertaken to buy the shares back from Holloway when he is sacked or resigns in fact its possible Fenty has funded the shares and put them in Holloways name (I really can't see Holloway parting with the cash - he's crazy but not daft) as part of the deal in lieu of a higher salary if you like.

Posted by: Mikey_345, January 1, 2020, 9:04am; Reply: 10

It then goes to a 6 month rolling deal.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2020, 9:31am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

My guess is Fenty has undertaken to buy the shares back from Holloway when he is sacked or resigns in fact its possible Fenty has funded the shares and put them in Holloways name (I really can't see Holloway parting with the cash - he's crazy but not daft) as part of the deal in lieu of a higher salary if you like.

Why not? He's made a few bob over the years and he clearly isn't driven by money, or he wouldn't have given up his lucrative media role. He says he wants to leave a legacy in the game when he's gone and it's this aspect that most impresses me about him. He isn't here to raise his profile and move on by the look of it, because he doesn't need to.

Perhaps he wants to see a club from the other side of the table and be a director. It's great that we finally have someone on the board putting in cash who actually knows a thing or two about football. We have a new board member, investor and manager all rolled into one.

A lot of people have made a lot of money from the game and it's great if some start putting some back in. It's exactly the sort of thing i would do had i been fortunate enough to make a dollop from a playing and managing career.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 1, 2020, 10:13am; Reply: 12
At the end of the day like any appointment it’s results that will determine success but by selling up and moving to this area IH is showing his commitment and is certainly giving the impression that he is looking at staying around for quite a few years.

I have also picked up in the last 2/3 statements made by JF an increased confidence of delivering the new ground in the Freeman Street area and Holloway likened GTFC to Brentford historically a club of similar size to ourselves and probably an excellent model for town to try and follow as they get ready for their move to a new stadium.

It would be naive to think it will be all plain sailing but hopefully like Buckley in his early days we will through this transfer window start to see better players joining the club and a continuing improvement in on the pitch performances and 3 points delivered a little more often.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 1, 2020, 10:37am; Reply: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I

This!
As Mr Ian hasn't even met the players yet and Limbrick will still really be in charge then cheer the boys on and hope a lighter atmosphere can spur them on.......players and a new manager to impress today.
Posted by: LH, January 1, 2020, 10:45am; Reply: 14
Quoted from aldi_01
Surely if we’re talking about reality then that is that we’re in a relegation fight, haven’t won for weeks, couldn’t hit a cows bottom with a banjo and we have a despot leader...

I mean, people can get excited and rightly so, why shouldn’t they, it’s happened very few times in 20 years...

Partly agree with this but we have seen that the squad is capable of getting goals as we did in the first ten games. We’re devoid of any confidence and need a boot up the bottom. If anyone can bring confidence and belief I’d say IH can.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:18am