Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 2:11pm
Thought I'd start one for a change,
Ogbu dropped to bench and Green back in  :-/
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 29, 2019, 2:27pm; Reply: 1
Surprised at Ogbu being replaced by Green, still think Moses offers more than Green..
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2019, 2:47pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Surprised at Ogbu being replaced by Green, still think Moses offers more than Green..

2 strikers who haven't scored since doomsday. Not really an argument for one over the other is there?
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, December 29, 2019, 2:50pm; Reply: 3
Stadium announcer:  would the owner of a white bmx return to their vehicle.

Made me laugh anyway.
Posted by: jaygy, December 29, 2019, 2:55pm; Reply: 4
I'm watching ifollow on the app and the video keeps stopping every 5 minutes, anybody else had this problem before?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 29, 2019, 2:55pm; Reply: 5
Someone sat in Pontoon with a flat cap, but it's not Ian Holloway.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 29, 2019, 2:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Stadium announcer:  would the owner of a white bmx return to their vehicle.

Made me laugh anyway.

Just summed up the clubs current predicament nicely, 3 of us nearly pee'd ourselves at that...
Posted by: Maringer, December 29, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 7
I thought Green played quite well against Scunny. He did miss a good chance but it wasn't exactly a sitter and he did make the opportunity for himself. Perhaps he'll score another blockbuster today? Here's hoping.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 3:03pm; Reply: 8

Agreed virtually every pass to his feet we kept possesion, Green has the ball control skills of a rabbit with its legs tied together.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, December 29, 2019, 3:05pm; Reply: 9
What’s going on here
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2019, 3:07pm; Reply: 10

Get in 1-0 Town
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 29, 2019, 3:07pm; Reply: 11
I'm more skeptical that we're really winning a game than I am about Holloway being our manager
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 12
Nice to see we have another excrement  ref
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 3:18pm; Reply: 13

Moses was pretty crap Macclesfield
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 29, 2019, 3:26pm; Reply: 14
We're like fooking London buses now!
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2019, 3:40pm; Reply: 15
1-1. Been coming
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 29, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jock dock tower
We're like fooking London buses now!

Which one?

I used to get the No94 back to Chiswick

Oh sodomist
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 17
Crap defending.
Posted by: Tradjazz, December 29, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 18
Bet up again. Grimsby No Clean Sheet! Poor defending again.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 29, 2019, 3:42pm; Reply: 19
Jeez flipping hopeless, we need to get a grip on this.
Posted by: topuphere666, December 29, 2019, 3:44pm; Reply: 20
Eurgh.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 21
We’ve stopped getting the ball out wide and have lost any form of threat.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2019, 3:49pm; Reply: 22

Why didn't we keep attacking them, Green was isolated at times and the ball just kept coming back.
It was only a matter of time before they scored.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2019, 3:51pm; Reply: 23
Started well. Rest of
The game poor. Green is so isolated its laughable
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2019, 3:53pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Hagrid
Started well. Rest of
The game poor. Green is so isolated its laughable

This is where the manager needs to earn his corn at half time and sort it.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, December 29, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 25
Vernam has the better of their full back. We stopped getting the ball out to him and he drifted deeper to get the ball.
Posted by: Maringer, December 29, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 26
A good start from us with the early goal then further pressure but the ref successfully stopped our impetus by penalising Green every time the ball went near him then getting another half a dozen decisions wrong in quick succession.

A pity Green's effort was saved as we needed it. They've got well on top in midfield and, though they haven't been peppering our goal, have been very much in charge for the last 25 minutes of the half. Taller, quicker, more athletic and skilful than us in midfield and that's where they are winning it. Equaliser a bit soft but it was a clever ball from their No. 12 who is their playmaker.

Need to get a grip in midfield this second half and get Vernham and Wright involved once again.

Green looks to be struggling a bit after that shot was saved but I'm not sure Ogbu would do much better with this referee. Their defenders are desperate to claim any contact in an aerial challenge as an elbow, their No. 5 in particular is complaining about everything.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 3:58pm; Reply: 27
You can sum that first half quite easily can't you.

First 15-20 minutes, pressing high, moving the ball on the deck getting it wide quickly. Scored a goal, looked comfortable and in control.

Last 25-30 minutes stopped pressing high, midfield back to defending the edge of the box, letting Crawley pass and move at will, hoofing the ball up to Green who is issolated and alone. result, conceded a messy goal from shocking defending.

Special mention to Crawleys 12th man in yellow. He hasn't half picked a side has he, Greens constant fouling at any high ball hasn't helped but untill that last 5 minutes or so you would of thought he'd forgotten he can blow the whistle when they made a foul wouldn't you.

Hope Limbrick give them a good bollocking for going back to old ways at the end of that half and we come out and start attacking Crawley all over the pitch.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 4:00pm; Reply: 28
Ref is shocking, missed blatent penalty from our  free kick around 40 mins mark. Green being held back for at leadt 5 secs while running into the box, worst part is it was obviously in the refs line of sight  -  was comparable to the Braintree pen.in playoff
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 29
Promising start predictable finish.
Posted by: golfer, December 29, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 30
We started off well with Vernham causing problems down the left but he's hardly had a kick last 30mins.Robson should be trying to get the ball to him but he's been very anonymous again-all we keep doing is reverting to type and big boot to anybody
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 29, 2019, 4:02pm; Reply: 31
Its like copy and paste the previous 7 or so matches of Anthony's go at it, just not quite good enough all over the pitch.

All these people including our chairman who say it's improved since jolley well has it really?  Its more of a kid yourself job for me.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 4:09pm; Reply: 32
I see we have some male masturbators in the Pontoon giving Palmer some stick.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 4:19pm; Reply: 33
This referee really is excrement.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2019, 4:21pm; Reply: 34

Get Holloway in ASAP, this is just the old same old.

I can only see Crawley scoring next and they are poor.

Oh and we can't keep blaming the ref.
Posted by: jaygy, December 29, 2019, 4:23pm; Reply: 35
Red card incoming.....
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 29, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice

Get Holloway in ASAP, this is just the old same old.

I can only see Crawley scoring next and they are poor.

Oh and we can't keep blaming the ref.

I'm not blaming the ref for our performance just pointing out some of his decisions are excrement.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2019, 4:26pm; Reply: 37
When you look at our mid field and front line in terms of experience I doubt we’ll score again this decade.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2019, 4:27pm; Reply: 38
And why the f**k has Limbrick switched the wide players ?
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 29, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC
When you look at our mid field and front line in terms of experience I doubt we’ll score again this decade.

I see what you did there.

But I reckon you  could  post it next week as well  :-/
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 29, 2019, 4:32pm; Reply: 40
This is quite painful to watch.

Can't carry on this.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2019, 4:35pm; Reply: 41
I’ve said it before and will say it again Rise is a greedy so and so
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2019, 4:37pm; Reply: 42

In reply to is Holloway at the game today...

Mr Fenty is chasing him down Blundell Ave  with pen and paper as we speak   :)

We're playing better now by the way.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 29, 2019, 4:54pm; Reply: 43
Well Crawley are absolute rubbish, don't know what that says about us.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2019, 4:57pm; Reply: 44
I said 6 months ago rose wasnt good enough. And im proved right.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 5:02pm; Reply: 45
Same old same old but gets me a point every week on predictions.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 5:03pm; Reply: 46
PS Limbrick is not the answer
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 47
Crawling our way to safety, one point at a time. Carlisle apart, no one else at the bottom gained any ground, so we are slightly better off than we were. Not much else In the positive column and the AL experiment must now be nearing the end.
Posted by: lee65, December 29, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 48
Ogbu looked better than Green
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 29, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from lee65
Ogbu looked better than Green

Totally
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 29, 2019, 5:05pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from jonnyboy82
This is quite painful to watch.

Can't carry on this.

Could have been worse - we might have won.

Posted by: sapper mariner, December 29, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 51
Inch by inch point by point Stevenage and morcombe both lost which is good
Posted by: grimps, December 29, 2019, 5:13pm; Reply: 52
I’ve watched the last 3 games on Ifollow which have been the only games I’ve seen this season .
We’re not actually playing too bad , we’re playing  football on the deck and actually create a few chances .
Why can’t we win ?
Posted by: chelseacity, December 29, 2019, 5:15pm; Reply: 53
It's a sad reflection on our team, managers, & boardroom when our football club is relying on several other football clubs to be worse than us.
Posted by: hampshiremariner, December 29, 2019, 5:16pm; Reply: 54
The lower half of the table is all bunched up and a couple of wins would move us up a number of places. We've scored two goals in back to back games and two points represents an small improvement on the previous run of depressing defeats.
They have to get a proper manager in who can organise these players into a team. A striker who can stick the ball in the net would be useful. If they get Holloway it would be a boost. He has experience and is enthusiastic and has be better than the current occupant.
I really do fear that if we drop into the Conference will stay there and even go down the pyramid further. They have to keep this team up otherwise the future looks very bleak. It's a desperate tale of woe.
I just wonder what goes through the mind of Mr Fenty.Is he not depressed about it all? From where I am, I do not see any urgency to improve the situation. Puzzling. Are they just accepting what is quickly becoming the inevitable.
Posted by: chrissy, December 29, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from hampshiremariner

I just wonder what goes through the mind of Mr Fenty.Is he not depressed about it all? From where I am, I do not see any urgency to improve the situation. Puzzling. Are they just accepting what is quickly becoming the inevitable.

Just hoping AL turns it around so he does not have to spend more money to bring IH  in.

Posted by: Heisenberg, December 29, 2019, 5:28pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from hampshiremariner
The lower half of the table is all bunched up and a couple of wins would move us up a number of places. We've scored two goals in back to back games and two points represents an small improvement on the previous run of depressing defeats.
They have to get a proper manager in who can organise these players into a team. A striker who can stick the ball in the net would be useful. If they get Holloway it would be a boost. He has experience and is enthusiastic and has be better than the current occupant.
I really do fear that if we drop into the Conference will stay there and even go down the pyramid further. They have to keep this team up otherwise the future looks very bleak. It's a desperate tale of woe.

They’re waiting for AL’s elusive first win so they can appoint him, but it’s not coming. I don’t ever remember even hearing of a club with a caretaker manager in place for so long.

They need to realise that this, AND Macclesfield , were both 2 points lost, not points gained.

Forget about individual performances and the old “we deserved more today” story, this run is killing the club and making us a laughing stock.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 29, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 57
Desperately need a manager. Ogbu much better than Green. Rose not good enough.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:55pm