Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), December 29, 2019, 11:38am
I hope they don’t turn up today, they were an embarrassment at Mac. We have some of the best and worst supporters in the League but their negativity, chants, or cans of Stella don’t do us any favors. If we win our 2 games in hand we could be in with a decent run-in come Spring. It could be our best finish for 15 years. Not been a great decade but there are plenty of teams in a worst position than us. The 20’s will be a good decade for us again, like last time. UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2019, 11:51am; Reply: 1

I agree, there are ways of conducting yourself at a game without getting abusive.
Having said that I can only feel negativity at the moment with what's going on at GTFC.

Let's hope for a win today to pick us all up... UTM

Not me but dare I say it, some might want us to lose today so Ian Holloway gets offered the job, short term pain for long term gain, just saying.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, December 29, 2019, 12:54pm; Reply: 2
Hardly surprising if fans are feeling negative. It’s 99 days since we scored a home league goal.

And for context, there was only 98 days between our last home league goal of last season and our first home league goal of this season.

It’s time the players stepped up and gave the fans a reason to not feel so negative.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2019, 12:58pm; Reply: 3
There is only one way to stop the negativity,

Come on players give us something to be positive about.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2019, 1:02pm; Reply: 4
Another reason to be negative,

I have just paid my £10 to watch the game on i follow,

Then found I have a bad leak in the bathroom, I have just cleaned it up and waiting for an emergency plumber to come out and fix it.

So I will be lucky to see the game.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 29, 2019, 1:05pm; Reply: 5
Isn’t calling people negative fans similar to moaning about those folk who don’t see the point in booing etc.

Does booing work? Doubt it, but to be honest, with little to actually cheer about that’s not gonna work either.

People can request those who want to moan to stay away but are we really in a position to encourage people to stay away.

It’s about opinions and with the sums of money people pay for football at every level these days I suspect the so called nag tube fans will only increase, at every level and every game.

To be fair though, if people want to be vitriolic or show their frustration I’d suggest aiming towards the custodians of the club who have once again allowed us to be dragged in to this mess and seemingly learned nothing during 6 years in the football wilderness.

Out of interest, does anyone think showing zero emotion would have an impact? Like sitting in silence and showing nothing, would that have more have an impact? It’s worked on the continent...
Posted by: CodHead, December 29, 2019, 1:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 28195
I hope they don’t turn up today, they were an embarrassment at Mac. We have some of the best and worst supporters in the League but their negativity, chants, or cans of Stella don’t do us any favors. If we win our 2 games in hand we could be in with a decent run-in come Spring. It could be our best finish for 15 years. Not been a great decade but there are plenty of teams in a worst position than us. The 20’s will be a good decade for us again, like last time. UTM

As much as I agree with you
It’s hard not to be negative when you can’t buy a win.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2019, 2:59pm; Reply: 7
I had become so negative about all things GTFC that I decided to stay away for a while. The club need to do more to attract people like me back to BP. We need to see some positivity around the place. Only then will the negativity subside.
Posted by: grimps, December 29, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 8
I’d be sure that any other teams fans that haven’t seen a win for ten games would be a little on the negative side .
We can’t keep blaming ourselves
Posted by: GrimRob, December 29, 2019, 6:07pm; Reply: 9
Two match unbeaten run. First time for a while.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2019, 6:33pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Two match unbeaten run. First time for a while.

YIPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:55pm