Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Yoda, December 27, 2019, 5:25pm
We are in free fall to the conference and the trust are silent.
They are on the board but are useless.

The only bargaining chip was the shares they had and the morons gave them to Fenty.

They never have any updates on what’s happening or any ideas for the future of the club.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 27, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 1
Could be a good thread this
Posted by: Stadium, December 27, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 2
Fetches popcorn........
Posted by: GrimRob, December 27, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 3
I think it's there to represent all supporters and not necessarily those who shout loudest. Whatever its position somebody will always be unhappy.
Posted by: Green27, December 27, 2019, 6:08pm; Reply: 4
I mean I’m not the Trusts biggest fan but they are hampered by fan apathy and they did release a statement 3 days ago.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/statement-managerial-search-takeover-new-stadium-plans/
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 27, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Yoda
We are in free fall to the conference and the trust are silent.
They are on the board but are useless.

The only bargaining chip was the shares they had and the morons gave them to Fenty.

They never have any updates on what’s happening or any ideas for the future of the club.

There is absolutely no point. When things are so heavily weighted towards one side, and that side has a whole history of calling the shots, why would there be a point? I would have thought this was glaringly obvious, but apparently not.

A free and independent Trust, doing what they can for fans and agitating for change when it is necessary would be a different kettle of fish; alternatively a new board, with a new collegiate outlook with the Trust as an integral part of that would probably make a difference.
Posted by: mimma, December 27, 2019, 7:04pm; Reply: 6
Yoda is a wind up merchant who only comes on here to moan and criticise without any knowledge of what he is talking about.  He could of course join the trust or just go along to one of their meetings and ask and to find out instead of constantly bleating on and on.
The trust was set up as a fan based organisation to represent the views of supporters.  However, as has been stated fan apathy means that they don't have the numbers needed for them to be effective.
So Yoda, if you genuinely want to make a difference get off your bottom and actually do something about it instead of sitting there and expecting everyone else to do your bidding for you

Merry Christmas
Posted by: Yoda, December 27, 2019, 7:27pm; Reply: 7
As i see it they are just Fenty yes men and are next to useless.
And that’s being generous.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 27, 2019, 7:36pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Yoda

Trust chairman have come and gone at remarkable pace. They pretty much all say the same to be fair.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 27, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 9
Full of sycophantic Fenty bottom lickers. All well meaning but no appetite to go against the current administration. Will turn a blind eye to any old shite as long as the place on the board remains.
Posted by: denni266, December 27, 2019, 7:47pm; Reply: 10
I dont know so i will ask.. how much  in moneys worth / shares did the trust give to fenty for a place on the board ? pls
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 27, 2019, 7:56pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from denni266
I dont know so i will ask.. how much  in moneys worth / shares did the trust give to fenty for a place on the board ? pls

Believe it was 250, 000 shares... someone please correct me if I'm miles off the mark...
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 27, 2019, 8:18pm; Reply: 12
I would like to think that should mr Fenty sell up then as part of the deal the shares were to be returned to the trust
Posted by: forza ivano, December 27, 2019, 8:23pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Yoda

So join them , get active, make a difference
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 27, 2019, 8:27pm; Reply: 14
Leave them alone, there are bigger blockers to the club moving forward.
Posted by: Perkins, December 27, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano

He wont , just another lower deck lawyer blowing it out of his ar*e again.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 27, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 16
People who aren’t members or people who are members but contribute nothing moaning about the trust... what an original thread.

Don’t moan, do something.

Be it your involvement with the trust or life itself it’s good advice.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 27, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

But if one individual joined who did not agree with the rest of the trust would they have any influence, a bit like if the trust doesn't agree with Mr Fenty do they have any influence, it's all about who has the power in any organisation.
Posted by: Kris2, December 27, 2019, 11:52pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob
I think it's there to represent all supporters and not necessarily those who shout loudest. Whatever its position somebody will always be unhappy.

A good company line quote there. I guess much like the trust, you had your balls cut off a long time ago so you can't really say anything. I'm not sure I can think of another club where the chairman went out their way to control the fanbase in the boardroom and on social media. This forum still exists based on the good graces of our Lord Fenty.
Posted by: Yoda, December 27, 2019, 11:59pm; Reply: 19
Totally agree Kris he is a control freak.
Nobody can work with the man as has been proven.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 28, 2019, 12:30am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Gaffer58

But if one individual joined who did not agree with the rest of the trust would they have any influence, a bit like if the trust doesn't agree with Mr Fenty do they have any influence, it's all about who has the power in any organisation.

But imagine it's not 1 person who feels that way.imagine it's half a dozen of you chewing the fat over a pint . Not too far fetched? Then you all join. And on the back of it another halfdozen, say feck it , they've joined, they make sense, I'm going to do it and so it grows.It's democracy bottom up, the way it should be.I know I might be guilty of blowing smoke up my bottom but years ago me n Bob moss set up its a grim exile from nothing.pre internet days.within a year we hundreds of members, were the main sponsors of the youth team and were a founding pillar of the trust..it really doesn't require much effort, it just takes committment and belief
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), December 28, 2019, 8:39am; Reply: 21
I see only one major share holder. A man who I see at all home games. A passionate supporter. I don't get this hate towards the man. We won't go down this year. We won't go into liquidation. We won't be a fan run club. This club exists despite chairman, nonchairman, board and or fans.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 28, 2019, 10:57am; Reply: 22
Quoted from 140067
I see only one major share holder. A man who I see at all home games. A passionate supporter. I don't get this hate towards the man. We won't go down this year. We won't go into liquidation. We won't be a fan run club. This club exists despite chairman, nonchairman, board and or fans.

Despite the fact there is only one relegation place this season and that Macclesfield may be in serious trouble of further points reductions i still wouldnt back against that happening.
Thats how bad things are at the club...................again.  

We have already received a "lets back the lads" style statement, we have already had the "there are signs of improvement" we have already had "we have learned lessons for next season" ............again.

While i admire the fact he would rather pay the statutory bills and not put us under any external threat of liquidation we are still at threat of liquidation as we owe more than we can pay, benign or not still remains to be seen.

The way things are I can honestly imagine him walking away from day to day involvement in the Summer with some financial agreement in place to repay all his monies in the following couple of years.
Posted by: bax, December 28, 2019, 11:03am; Reply: 23
Remember when a new manager is appointed that two Trust members will be representing the fans when they make that appointment...
Posted by: smokey111, December 28, 2019, 11:15am; Reply: 24
Can they block an appointment/go against JF and push for another?
Posted by: Quagmire, December 28, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 25
Quoted from smokey111

Technically yes, but they’d be outvoted by JF and his other yes men, so it’s pretty much pointless.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 28, 2019, 11:21am; Reply: 26
Quoted from smokey111

I assume they are free to vote any way they choose, but the question is whether they are any more competent at picking a manager than anyone else is. Not a dig at all, because it's a lottery getting the right man and something we don't achieve very often. The amount of managers you see getting sacked nowadays suggests most clubs get it wrong most times.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 28, 2019, 12:01pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from bax
Remember when a new manager is appointed that two Trust members will be representing the fans when they make that appointment...

Even if they are able to influence the choice (which personally I very much doubt) this will mean they will have had input to recent appointments. Which does not exactly fill you with confidence for this appointment!
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, December 28, 2019, 12:07pm; Reply: 28
JF was overruled by the board on the appointment of Slade  a few years ago as the other board members wanted Neil Woods

Not saying Slade would have kept us up anyway but after Neils poor run I was surprised MP and  a few others who had a vote would see this as the right option
Posted by: 137 (Guest), December 28, 2019, 12:12pm; Reply: 29
The Trust became impotent as a force for real change at the club when they handed over the shares they were given (imo).
Posted by: Kris2, December 29, 2019, 12:37am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Yoda
Totally agree Kris he is a control freak.
Nobody can work with the man as has been proven.

It's not even just Fenty tbf, this forum has had visits from players,wives of players,mums and dads of players and so on to argue the toss and be critical of fan opinions. Where else does that happen? Lots of fans complain when things aren't going well and will pick out players or complain about board decisions and so on and they aren't being chased down on the forum by said players or chairman or being summoned for a sit down with print outs of what they said.

I see this stuff happen and how The Fishy nearly died because of it and I'm just like "Can you all intercourse off and focus on your job instead of spending time on here!?"
Posted by: aldi_01, December 29, 2019, 9:56am; Reply: 31
Much like the club and it’s controller/s, the Trust will always be divisive. After they literally handed everything to Honeat John many lost their trust and their view changed. I appreciate a lot has changed since then but still, people remember that.

For some folk getting involved isn’t easy as for a time it did feel a bit like a willy swinging club. Chairpersons have come and gone at a fast rate and people who were ‘loud’ and involved have either walked away because of the disagreements and lack of shared vision for the Trust and club or others have disappeared as quick as they came.

Does the Trust being on the board have an impact? In my view it really doesn’t but then I don’t believe our bird is necessary given one man can seemingly do and say what he wants. Do I still believe they should be at the table? 100% I do, better to be at the party than not surely?

The statement released by the Trust before Christmas was as pointless as Honest John’s and seemed more of a towing of the company line. I don’t believe the trust for one minute are happy with how things are going or how slow and drawn out the club have made the potential investment/new ownership saga...nor do I believe they’ve been happy with how things have been done in the last few years...surely they have a right to air those views? If they can’t then is it worth existing in collaboration with the club? If they are allowed that level of autonomy and to publicly air their views but they don’t think it’s bad etc. then that is more alarming.

At this stage, criticising the Trust is pointless. They are fans at the end of the day and they have their opinion, perhaps they could utilise the opportunity to hold votes on decisions or views to get a true reflection of ‘fan’ voice but I’m sure there are rules etc. which impact the ability to do that. There’s only one person that needs criticising, one person has led us down this path before and one person who has remained, seemingly unscathed whilst cryarsing because he received some criticism.

Could the trust change? Possibly. Does it want to? I’ve no idea. At times I wonder if the agreement between the club and the trust keeps both parties happy; the club can control everything to a point (the issues with social media, nonsensical bans from BP, emails etc.) but equally, the Trust remains relevant...if they separated would the trust just become essentially a supporters group? Nothing more, nothing less?

Everyone has a view, but at this stage any serious questions, vitriol, anger, frustration should only be aimed at one person...perhaps if enough make a noise the trust will find it easier to claim that it is a fan view...
Posted by: marinerjase, December 29, 2019, 11:47am; Reply: 32
Spot on.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 29, 2019, 6:13pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Kris2

A good company line quote there. I guess much like the trust, you had your balls cut off a long time ago so you can't really say anything. I'm not sure I can think of another club where the chairman went out their way to control the fanbase in the boardroom and on social media. This forum still exists based on the good graces of our Lord Fenty.

Open your eyes, ears and brain and look who provides the very platform you are voicing an opinion on.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 29, 2019, 6:42pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Kris2

[img]https://i.imgur.com/vy0mVuJ.gif[/img]

You are so much up Fenty's bottom you can't see anything other than what Fenty had for breakfast, the fishy is owned and run by GrimRob, it's his good grace that this site exists because we know what your lord and master thinks of the fishy.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 30, 2019, 8:22am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Marinerz93

You are so much up Fenty's bottom you can't see anything other than what Fenty had for breakfast, the fishy is owned and run by GrimRob, it's his good grace that this site exists because we know what your lord and master thinks of the fishy.

Unless I'm reading it wrong M93. Kris is actually having a pop at JF's interference (disclaimer   'or perceived interference') with what is acceptable on this site.Thus not sticking up for him ?? !!
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 30, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 36
With the whole 'trust handing over the shares to fenty' thing... if I remember rightly (which is a big if to be fair), the trust held a vote with whether to do this or not. Which means it was a collective decision by all members. Which also means that anyone now having a pop with the benefit of hindsight could have joined and had a say at the time.

Many voted against it but like a union, it's a democratic process and you go with what the majority say or you lose your strength.

I imagine people laying in accusations that the trust were bullied by fenty, capitulated etc. did join up and vote at the time?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 30, 2019, 10:25am; Reply: 37
Quoted from MarinerWY
With the whole 'trust handing over the shares to fenty' thing... if I remember rightly (which is a big if to be fair), the trust held a vote with whether to do this or not. Which means it was a collective decision by all members. Which also means that anyone now having a pop with the benefit of hindsight could have joined and had a say at the time.

Many voted against it but like a union, it's a democratic process and you go with what the majority say or you lose your strength.

I imagine people laying in accusations that the trust were bullied by fenty, capitulated etc. did join up and vote at the time?

Noises were made that had an influence on how people voted. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 30, 2019, 10:26am; Reply: 38
Knowing us it's all probably stumbling over wether can get away with giving him the mondeo over the bm.
Posted by: Kris2, December 30, 2019, 10:30am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you're saying it was GrimRob who shut down his own forum? Not how I recall it, the only way he could get it back is by collecting personal information of everyone on the forum so somebody (Fenty probably) could have it if they didn't like something said. There were clearly some legal issues around the forum and when it came back you had to hand over your name and address for the right to even use it.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 30, 2019, 10:31am; Reply: 40
Quoted from MarinerWY

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but so are the facts. Basically Fenty threatened the sale of Liam Hearn unless the shares were handed over and also the Trust controllers recommended that the membership vote for handing over shares.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 30, 2019, 10:44am; Reply: 41
Quoted from pizzzza

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing but so are the facts. Basically Fenty threatened the sale of Liam Hearn unless the shares were handed over and also the Trust controllers recommended that the membership vote for handing over shares.

I believe the term selling of the assets was used. Like many others I panicked and voted to hand the shares over.

Again, this was a collective decision by all members of the trust board at the time cannot be held solely to blame for this. If I remember rightly, they were a fledgeling board, Learning how to deal with the club. In hindsight I feel these guys are a rabbit caught in the headlights.

That said, none of this actually matters now That said, none of this actually matters now,  Hearn was crocked just a few short months later and the rest is history.

In regards to the point of the trust, they are seemingly in bed with a club and I will believe that until somebody shows me otherwise. It is very sad that just a few short years ago we as a collective achieved operation promotion lead by some forward thinking guys. Unfortunately, as we all know these people are no longer involved for whatever reason. And the other fact remains, if people want the change from within the trust they have to get involved with the trust. Fresh blood required I think.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 30, 2019, 10:50am; Reply: 42
When those shares were handed over the trust finished for me
Posted by: aldi_01, December 30, 2019, 10:52am; Reply: 43
Don’t forget that the club itself does not regard OP as a success, nor does it see the point of the Trust. It’s tokenism from the club and as I stated earlier, plenty of discussion about the Trust could be had but at this stage, as a collective fan body, trust member or not, our attention should be aimed at ousting or influencing change at the top...

We all know there are those that for some odd reason cling to the nonsense that Honest John saved us, that he’s just doing his best and all that balderdash but if the fans actually mobilised then those with those views would be suppressed and the board would excrement it...as they usually do when the fans mobilise...
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 30, 2019, 11:23am; Reply: 44
Serious question to the trust and JF.  When JF sells all his shares to relinquish control of the club, will he be gifting the shares back to the trust or will he be profiting the half-million?
Posted by: aldi_01, December 30, 2019, 11:53am; Reply: 45
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Serious question to the trust and JF.  When JF sells all his shares to relinquish control of the club, will he be gifting the shares back to the trust or will he be profiting the half-million?

I think we all know the answer to this...let’s face it, I think we’d all agree he probably sees it as his rightful cash/shares anyway...
Posted by: Yoda, December 30, 2019, 1:54pm; Reply: 46
The trust is dead and morally bankrupt gifting all those shares to JF was a disaster.
As for joining the trust to change things i wouldn’t give the trust a penny.
Posted by: barralad, December 30, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 47
Facts are us.
The decision to gift the shares to JF was taken as the result of a properly constituted vote. I hand delivered voting papers to the significant local membership for whom we didn'the have e-mail addresses.
We were a new board. The decision of Mr Parker to gift us his shares was done to the previous Trust Board-all of whom without exception had advised of their intention to quit.
The first decision the new board had to make was whether we should recommend the shares be handed to JF. At the time without the benefit of hindsight JFs threat to liquidate resources was impossible to ignore. The Trust Board decision was not unanimous and some members left almost as soon as they'd joined.
The result was overwhelmingly in favour. Not that I'm bothered personally but the Trust were in a probable no win situation. Had we recommended "no" and J.F had enacted his threat the same people criticising the "yes" recommendation would be the same people blaming the Trust for a longer spell in the National League because we'd sold our best player(s). Comes with the territory I guess.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 30, 2019, 8:19pm; Reply: 48
Whatever anyone says it was still a balderdash decision for the Trust to drop their trousers, bend over and get shafted.
Posted by: Yoda, December 30, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 49
Fenty was bluffing he would want to see town go down and his investment fall to zero.
He bluffed the trust and they fell for it.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 30, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 50

Correction, £500k was what Parker invested into the club and I believe it was £200k that was passed from the Trust to JF.

The question still stands and I'm not holding much hope of it being answered!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 30, 2019, 9:03pm; Reply: 51
Give it a rest, you can't change the past. The Trust and other similar groups aligned to other clubs are well meaning enthusiastic amateurs (no offence Barra) who are just trying to make a difference.

Though I'm not completely sure of the details but they where not the ones issuing the threats and backing people into corners.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 30, 2019, 9:06pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Give it a rest, you can't change the past. The Trust and other similar groups aligned to other clubs are well meaning enthusiastic amateurs (no offence Barra) who do are just trying to make a difference.

Though I'm not completely sure of the details but they where not the ones issuing the threats and backing people into corners.

Maybe so. But if the Trust want to be a credible force, surely they need their board directors to have a meaningful say?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 30, 2019, 9:08pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Give it a rest, you can't change the past. The Trust and other similar groups aligned to other clubs are well meaning enthusiastic amateurs (no offence Barra) who do are just trying to make a difference.

If this is a reply to my last post then it concerns what happens going forward with the shares and the sale of the club and whether the trust will be reimbursed.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 30, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 54

If this is a reply to my last post then it concerns what happens going forward with the shares and the sale of the club and whether the trust will be reimbursed.

Not at all and I get what you mean.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 30, 2019, 9:53pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe so. But if the Trust want to be a credible force, surely they need their board directors to have a meaningful say?

Meaningful Say?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 30, 2019, 10:00pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Meaningful Say?

Others have said they don’t get a vote.
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 30, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from arryarryarry
Whatever anyone says it was still a balderdash decision for the Trust to drop their trousers, bend over and get shafted.

Did you sign up and vote?
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 30, 2019, 10:03pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from pizzzza

Oh it was ridiculous, dont get me wrong, and Fenty effectively blackmailed the trust. But if people saw that and felt strongly enough, I trust they signed up and voted. If not, they are arguably just as culpable and certainly have no room to whinge now.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 30, 2019, 10:17pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ahh.... get it now.
Posted by: barralad, December 31, 2019, 8:24am; Reply: 60
Quoted from MuddyWaters

"Others" are wrong. Ridiculous notion.
Posted by: Davec, December 31, 2019, 8:31am; Reply: 61
Quoted from barralad

I assume the Trust members on the club's board just toe the party line and vote for whatever Fenty and the others are voting for.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 31, 2019, 8:31am; Reply: 62
Quoted from barralad

I stand corrected but doesn’t that suggest that there’s a lack of clarity as to the Trusts level of involvement at board level?

Are the Trust still paying for seats on the board? Why did Trust use fairly one sided language at the latest Fans Forum?
Posted by: barralad, December 31, 2019, 8:55am; Reply: 63
Quoted from MarinerWY

Oh it was ridiculous, dont get me wrong, and Fenty effectively blackmailed the trust. But if people saw that and felt strongly enough, I trust they signed up and voted. If not, they are arguably just as culpable and certainly have no room to whinge now.

As I've said the Trust Board recommended  a "Yes" vote but it still required that recommendation to be ratified by the members. I make no apologies for saying that we were caught on the hop. A decision was being forced by J. F  (who at the time equated his moves to playing hardball) and wouldn'the have gone away.
As Treasurer I saw details of all new members. We advertised for people to join so they could have a say but by and large it fell on stony ground. Only a handful joined on the back of the decision to be made.
Nowhere in this latest repeat of what happened nine years ago have I seen any reference to JF. s view on why it was in his eyes necessary. For the sake of informing this debate the acquisition of the Parker shares meant that J.F could be out voted on matters affecting GTFC. He felt that this was unfair because it would be his money that would have to be used and he wouldn't necessarily have a say. The Trust had no funds.  Mr Parker had made known his view that he wouldn't put another penny in.
I make no comment as to whether that view was right or wrong. It was just the reason the issue blew up in the first place,
Posted by: aldi_01, December 31, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 64
I don’t think a lot of fans see the Trust as anything more than a supporters club. I know plenty of town fans and I’d say 1, may be 2 are members.

They all have varying reasons ranging from not seeing the point to not wanting to be part of a clique. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and whilst I understand that sticking to the party line is required at times, over the last 2/3 seasons I can see why some see no point or have little support because it’s very ‘side with the club’.

I appreciate the trust can’t just shoot their mouth but these are merely views and opinions of the town fans I speak with, all of which range in ages from young to old.

As I’ve said though, getting our knickers in a twist over the Trust is futile. The person we should be rallying against, standing against and challenging more than just telling him he’s a twit in BP is John Fenty. Whether people agree or disagree with the trust. Whether they see it as worthwhile or pointless, leave those opinions to one side and unite in the fact that apart for a tiny handful of folk who think Honest John saved us, the vast majority agree that he is woeful at running a club and needs to gone...
Posted by: barralad, December 31, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 65
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I stand corrected but doesn’t that suggest that there’s a lack of clarity as to the Trusts level of involvement at board level?

Are the Trust still paying for seats on the board? Why did Trust use fairly one sided language at the latest Fans Forum?

Everything I can recall on this issue (and most others) being said by The Trust has underlined the inclusivity of Jon and Dave in the decision making process. I paraphrase the last statement -Dave and Jon will be fully involved in the decision making process to appoint a new manager-Both are as well equipped to make the decision as I suspect football club board members across the country.
The Trust representation on the board of GTFC  has increased with Dave's reappointment. At most other clubs that would be seen as a positive but seemingly in some quarters not here.
We are not paying for that representation as outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding.
I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make about the last Fans Forum. I was recovering from treatment for a serious illness and wasn't present and indeed took a back seat for most of the last four months of the year.
Posted by: barralad, December 31, 2019, 9:15am; Reply: 66
Quoted from Davec

I assume the Trust members on the club's board just toe the party line and vote for whatever Fenty and the others are voting for.

Well Aaron it's no surprise to me (and I suspect many others on here) that your assumption is way out. The most obvious example being the Trust's repeated opposition to the EFL Trophy format which eventually ended with the club voting against. Jon Wood's tenacity in achieving that outcome against initial total opposition from other board members shows that the Trust is in good hands.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 31, 2019, 9:18am; Reply: 67
I think the fact is there is scepticism surrounding supporters trusts...still.

Whilst many would see having the involvement at board level as a positive, many do not, mainly because we/they don’t trust the board, they don’t trust Honest John and whilst they may get a vote etc it perhaps feels pointless because John will do what John wants to do. I don’t expect Dave for instance to declare his vote publicly every time but it may go a way to show the they don’t simply follow company policy...

Either way, the Trust isn’t the issue really...it’s removing the man that has singlehandedly stages this club backward again, towards a relegation battle and made no effort to capitalise on two very positive season when the fan base swelled and there was genuine connection between team and fans...
Posted by: pizzzza, December 31, 2019, 9:21am; Reply: 68
Quoted from barralad

Both are as well equipped to make the decision as I suspect football club board members across the country.

I am interested to hear what you base this on. This is important as this decision could be critical to the future of our club. If they are fully involved in the decision making process do they share culpability for the disasters of recent managerial appointments Bignot/Slade/Jolley?

Don't get me wrong, it is indeed a positive if it is true JF takes advice on these matters, it just needs to be good advice!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 31, 2019, 9:32am; Reply: 69
Quoted from barralad

Everything I can recall on this issue (and most others) being said by The Trust has underlined the inclusivity of Jon and Dave in the decision making process. I paraphrase the last statement -Dave and Jon will be fully involved in the decision making process to appoint a new manager-Both are as well equipped to make the decision as I suspect football club board members across the country.
The Trust representation on the board of GTFC  has increased with Dave's reappointment. At most other clubs that would be seen as a positive but seemingly in some quarters not here.
We are not paying for that representation as outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding.
I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make about the last Fans Forum. I was recovering from treatment for a serious illness and wasn't present and indeed took a back seat for most of the last four months of the year.

Firstly, I hope you're now returning to full health.

Regarding the forum, there were several references to the Fishy, keyboard warriors etc. Now, the first thing to point out is that The Fishy isn't the only fans online forum in the country - we are not unique. The second thing is that everyone I've ever met who posts is passionate about the club and wants the best for its' future.

It may not be the way that Mr Fenty wants people to communicate with him but the football club is in the doldrums under his tenure and he cannot seriously believe that his time as owner is beyond criticism.

Let's hope we appoint a manager who can be a catalyst for change - it's about time we did!

UTM.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 31, 2019, 9:47am; Reply: 70
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Firstly, I hope you're now returning to full health.

Regarding the forum, there were several references to the Fishy, keyboard warriors etc. Now, the first thing to point out is that The Fishy isn't the only fans online forum in the country - we are not unique. The second thing is that everyone I've ever met who posts is passionate about the club and wants the best for its' future.

It may not be the way that Mr Fenty wants people to communicate with him but the football club is in the doldrums under his tenure and he cannot seriously believe that his time as owner is beyond criticism.

Let's hope we appoint a manager who can be a catalyst for change - it's about time we did!

UTM.

I think the key point here is regarding the communication.

Simple fact is, the way the club promotes or doesn’t in most cases, the clear lack of vision, the ridiculous statements and John’s illiterate ramblings on here or secret twitter handles is exactly why people get drunk off.

Throughout his tenure several managers and players have had tirades of abuse yet whenever he gets the chance, he literally ignores that and talks about him, the abuse he has suffered (forgetting throughout that time he has alienated the customers of his business with interviews on snooker tables, mentions of £100k cars etc).

Communication is key and again, all this talk of Holloway has at least stirred a minute interest within the fans but have the club realised that an appointment like that can raise the club profile, can increase social media followers, increase media interest? Whether we like it or not, that is modern football.

The club have been awful at communicating with fans of marketing the product. Remember when we didn’t ban a racist for life? The day before the season allowing a no mark to essentially call all the fans hooligans. Board members telling people to shut up. Deconstructing a flag of a small child. Illiterate ramblings on here. Disastrous fans forums when more discussion about flasks and what foot outlets at an imaginary stadium will look like. Having open events for the new stadium proposals but the whole thing being somewhat amateur with the owner of said product unable to explain the plans of his pipe dream. The PowerPoint referring to Hull City as Dull City in some thinly veiled attempt at being funny during a serious marketing exercise.

The list is endless and may be Dave and John do raise questions about this but again, they are but one voice and the buck ultimately stops with Honest John. He clearly lacks leadership capabilities and any clue about moving the club forward and that has to be the bigger concern.

Perhaps trust members on the board are as culpable as Honest John in which case a wider discussion around their roles and tenure in the board is worth discussion but at this stage removing the man at the top should be everyone’s priority.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 31, 2019, 9:55am; Reply: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

Simple fact is, the way the club promotes or doesn’t in most cases, the clear lack of vision, the ridiculous statements and John’s illiterate ramblings on here or secret twitter handles is exactly why people get drunk off.

Throughout his tenure several managers and players have had tirades of abuse yet whenever he gets the chance, he literally ignores that and talks about him, the abuse he has suffered (forgetting throughout that time he has alienated the customers of his business with interviews on snooker tables, mentions of £100k cars etc).

Communication is key and again, all this talk of Holloway has at least stirred a minute interest within the fans but have the club realised that an appointment like that can raise the club profile, can increase social media followers, increase media interest? Whether we like it or not, that is modern football.

The club have been awful at communicating with fans of marketing the product. Remember when we didn’t ban a racist for life? The day before the season allowing a no mark to essentially call all the fans hooligans. Board members telling people to shut up. Deconstructing a flag of a small child. Illiterate ramblings on here. Disastrous fans forums when more discussion about flasks and what foot outlets at an imaginary stadium will look like. Having open events for the new stadium proposals but the whole thing being somewhat amateur with the owner of said product unable to explain the plans of his pipe dream. The PowerPoint referring to Hull City as Dull City in some thinly veiled attempt at being funny during a serious marketing exercise.

The list is endless and may be Dave and John do raise questions about this but again, they are but one voice and the buck ultimately stops with Honest John. He clearly lacks leadership capabilities and any clue about moving the club forward and that has to be the bigger concern.

Perhaps trust members on the board are as culpable as Honest John in which case a wider discussion around their roles and tenure in the board is worth discussion but at this stage removing the man at the top should be everyone’s priority.

Enthusiastic amateurs........ often though the enthusiasm has gone and they see their role as "custodians" as a burden and a cross to bear.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 31, 2019, 9:59am; Reply: 72
Quoted from aldi_01

In simpler terms, it would be much easier for the Trust to have a positive impact if they were supporting a regime that doesn't see fans as a necessary evil/hindrance.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 31, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 73
Agreed. Which again probably reinforces the notion that our board are arrogant and self obsessed narcissistic twits.

They see no value in the paying customers that were paying customers well before they ever became involved but because they happen to have a few pounds more, well one of them does, that makes him/them more important and we are mere peasants who cause discord and hassle that they see no need for...
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 31, 2019, 10:42am; Reply: 74
Quoted from MarinerWY

Did you sign up and vote?

No, I had thought about joining but after that debacle decided  I don't see the point anymore.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:25pm