Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 24, 2019, 5:46pm
Just a quick post to say happy Crimbo to one and all.
Even the wind up merchants.
There are some (not many) things more important than football and for me it’s the best Chrimbo in a long time. So hope all of you have a good one.

And remember, while we are all Merry and bright.  

Somewhere there is child unwrapping a Scunthorpe shirt.

UTM.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 24, 2019, 5:50pm; Reply: 1
Merry Xmas to all the fishy friends and here's hoping for a goal fest in 2020.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 24, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 2
Merry Christmas everyone, let’s hope for a better 2020 and a football club that’s looking forward not back.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, December 24, 2019, 6:11pm; Reply: 3
We all should watch Monty Pythons....Life of Brian......

Then get Mighty Mariner to lead the team out to the tune of “ Always look on the bright side of life”

It would bring a smile to everyone......including me!

Merry Christmas to all............
Posted by: Meza, December 24, 2019, 7:20pm; Reply: 4
Merry Christmas everyone.  
Posted by: Abdul19, December 24, 2019, 7:49pm; Reply: 5
Merry Christmas fellow people of the fishy. May you drink like Paul Linwood in a taxi.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 24, 2019, 8:00pm; Reply: 6
Merry Christmas folks.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 24, 2019, 8:14pm; Reply: 7
If I could buy you all a present I'd wrap it up a goal in yards of Christmas paper and tinsel and give it to the Fishy so everyone could gaze at it in wonderment and try to remember when they last saw one.

Merry Christmas to the Fishy Folks! ;D
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 24, 2019, 9:45pm; Reply: 8
Merry Christmas to you all!
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 24, 2019, 9:54pm; Reply: 9
Merry Christmas to all and let's have a happy New year.(wine)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 24, 2019, 10:18pm; Reply: 10
Merry Christmas to all and your families 👍
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 24, 2019, 10:30pm; Reply: 11
For all my Fishy 'acquaintances', no matter which race, creed, colour, gender or not! political / Brexit persuasionl, or ethnicity you hold....

Happy Christmas!

Ooops abject apologies, none meant, what I should have said is........
Happy Holidays!!!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "Britain" in the Northern hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wishee.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).
UTM.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 24, 2019, 10:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GYinScuntland
For all my Fishy 'acquaintances', no matter which race, creed, colour, gender or not! political / Brexit persuasionl, or ethnicity you hold....

Happy Christmas!

Ooops abject apologies, none meant, what I should have said is........
Happy Holidays!!!

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2020, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Britain great (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "Britain" in the Northern hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wishee.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).
UTM.

Now you're getting it! At last we've got a convert.  ;)

Merry Christmas to all the Fishy comrades.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 24, 2019, 10:38pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Now you're getting it! At last we've got a convert.  ;)

Merry Christmas to all the Fishy comrades.

Too right, my girlfriend bought me a brill book for Xmas.
'The delicate art of sarcasm using copy and paste.'
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 24, 2019, 10:40pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Too right, my girlfriend bought me a brill book for Xmas.
'The delicate art of sarcasm using copy and paste.'

You were being sarcastic? Never!

;D
Posted by: oochiad, December 24, 2019, 10:43pm; Reply: 15
Merry Christmas to you all! It’s been a terrible season/year so far for my Dad and I. Season ticket holders and we have only made half a game Swindon at home, my Dad threw the towel in at 3-0. he got diagnosed with Cancer just before the season started. We shall be there on New Years Day as he is between treatment and we are hopeful of three points. We are GTFC until we die but hopefully not to soon! Best wishes to the fishy family! UTM
Posted by: gaz57, December 25, 2019, 1:41am; Reply: 16
Merry Christmas to everyone
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 25, 2019, 2:14am; Reply: 17
Take care on the roads this Christmas, people take their cars to the pub, drink far too much and then let their wives drive home.
Posted by: heppy88, December 25, 2019, 9:02am; Reply: 18
To all my fellow Fishies swimming in this vast sea of debate. Infact, there is that many of us we could have a mass debate!
Merry Christmas and a goal filled new year. UTMM!!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, December 25, 2019, 9:17am; Reply: 19
Quoted from oochiad
Merry Christmas to you all! It’s been a terrible season/year so far for my Dad and I. Season ticket holders and we have only made half a game Swindon at home, my Dad threw the towel in at 3-0. he got diagnosed with Cancer just before the season started. We shall be there on New Years Day as he is between treatment and we are hopeful of three points. We are GTFC until we die but hopefully not to soon! Best wishes to the fishy family! UTM

Well from all of us best wishes to your Dad who we all hope will make a full recovery from his illness. There are things much more important than GTFC and we all forget at times that the best thing in life is good health not 3 points.

Here’s for a great 2020 and let’s hope a town recovery will coincide with that for your Dad and you will have the broadest smile of us all come May time.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 25, 2019, 9:31am; Reply: 20
Quoted from oochiad

I hope ur old man makes a full recovery mate I’ve had a tough year with family health problems but fighting on just .. anyhow here’s to a few points over Xmas to bring some cheer to everyone all town aren’t we 🖤🤍🖤🤍
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 25, 2019, 10:19am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
We all should watch Monty Pythons....Life of Brian......

Then get Mighty Mariner to lead the team out to the tune of “ Always look on the bright side of life”

It would bring a smile to everyone......including me!

Merry Christmas to all............

That actually happened in the late 1980s. I provided the club with the song to play out over the tannoy.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 25, 2019, 1:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Merry Xmas to all the fishy friends and here's hoping for a goal fest in 2020.

That goes for me too.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 25, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 23

Merry Christmas everyone.

It's not easy being a Town fan at times but we are all Town aren't we   :)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:55pm