Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 23, 2019, 5:34pm
GTFC Official Site :

"A new date for our away tie at Plymouth Argyle has now been set.

The Mariners will travel down to Devon on Tuesday 3rd March 2020, with a kick-off time of 7:45pm for our rescheduled tie away at Plymouth Arygle in Sky Bet League Two."

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 23, 2019, 6:56pm; Reply: 1
sodomist, I am busy but fancied a spring trip to Devon.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 23, 2019, 7:36pm; Reply: 2
Tuesday evening all the way at Plymouth, anyone from this area that goes should be given free admission to the next home game.
Posted by: Stadium, December 23, 2019, 7:38pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58
Tuesday evening all the way at Plymouth, anyone from this area that goes should be given free admission to the next home game.

Come on-if they have travelled all that distance don't subject them to that.
Posted by: Yossarian, December 23, 2019, 11:13pm; Reply: 4
Serious question.,.... how do Town travel to these games?  Do they stay over in a hotel after the games?  It is 6 hours at least.....I really think being a footballer actually sounds like a crap job when you think about some of the travelling after the games....

I often wonder about this when I see fixtures like Carlise v Exeter.....
Posted by: lukeo, December 24, 2019, 10:55am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Yossarian
Serious question.,.... how do Town travel to these games?  Do they stay over in a hotel after the games?  It is 6 hours at least.....I really think being a footballer actually sounds like a crap job when you think about some of the travelling after the games....

I often wonder about this when I see fixtures like Carlise v Exeter.....

Meet up with your team mates at 8am (alot of people arrive at work at 6am) stop for lunch somewhere, arrive at a nice hotel around 4-5pm and have pre match food. Head to a stadium, play some football and head back to the lovely hotel for a good night sleep. Travel home the next morning and arrive mid afternoon and go spend time with the family before reporting back to training 9am the next morning..
Must be really tough ;)
Posted by: Grimal, December 24, 2019, 12:59pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from lukeo

Meet up with your team mates at 8am (alot of people arrive at work at 6am) stop for lunch somewhere, arrive at a nice hotel around 4-5pm and have pre match food. Head to a stadium, play some football and head back to the lovely hotel for a good night sleep. Travel home the next morning and arrive mid afternoon and go spend time with the family before reporting back to training 9am the next morning..
Must be really tough ;)

Well, that's the premiership teams schedule, now please let us know what the clubs running on a shoestring in the lower divisions do on their long distance away games. ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2019, 3:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Grimal

Well, that's the premiership teams schedule, now please let us know what the clubs running on a shoestring in the lower divisions do on their long distance away games. ;)

Town travel to long distance matches the night before on a luxury bus. Have some training to get ready for the game, play the match then travel home on the luxury coach, listening to music or playing cards whilst having pizza that had been delivered to the coach at the end of the game.

On same day games same as above without the overnight stay.

As someone mentioned a tough life.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 3:17pm