Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 22, 2019, 11:22am
Ring has left the club by mutual consent.
Posted by: Mallyner, December 22, 2019, 11:29am; Reply: 1
The bells Ring out for Christmas?

I wish him all the best, he left his country to come and play for us: and I understand his wife/partner didn't settle.
It hasn't worked out for him and so he will hopefully find happiness and success perhaps back in Sweden and of course free up a wage bill.
Posted by: monkeyboy, December 22, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 2
I hope Ohman isnt going with him, i think hes our best defender. just my opinion tho
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 22, 2019, 11:30am; Reply: 3
I've Met him hes a lovely lad down to earth and honest. I wish him all the luck for the future.
Posted by: livosnose, December 22, 2019, 11:31am; Reply: 4
Possibly too weak for league two. Not a bad player , Ogbu next I bet.
Posted by: monkeyboy, December 22, 2019, 11:41am; Reply: 5
Ring getting his P45 sort of tells me Limberick has made this decision, after all its the managers call and unless someone is working in the background without being announced yet it looks like Limberick is staying on.
Im not against Limberick getting it btw, think hes done reasonable, just need that get that first goal to get us rocking.
Posted by: friskneymariner, December 22, 2019, 11:46am; Reply: 6
Yeah mine too,think it was that curry last night.
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 22, 2019, 11:48am; Reply: 7
Quoted from monkeyboy
Ring getting his P45 sort of tells me Limberick has made this decision, after all its the managers call and unless someone is working in the background without being announced yet it looks like Limberick is staying on.
Im not against Limberick getting it btw, think hes done reasonable, just need that get that first goal to get us rocking.

I can see what your saying but If hes gone straight to fenty and said hes homesick his wife hasn't settled and wants to go home. There doesn't need to be a manager in place for fenty to end his contract.

Posted by: sam gy, December 22, 2019, 12:05pm; Reply: 8
Hasn’t played all season, about to become a father for the first time. You can’t blame him for wanting to go home!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 22, 2019, 12:50pm; Reply: 9
Doubt if Limbrick had anything to do with this at all. The lad seems to have made up his own mind about his personal situation. I wish him all the best, sorry it didn’t work out for him.
Posted by: wigworld, December 22, 2019, 12:52pm; Reply: 10
He's in a backwater town, away from family, and not getting any game time. Not surprised he's had enough.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 22, 2019, 12:55pm; Reply: 11
Often sat in the Main Stand with his partner, he's always friendly and polite. He wasn't for us and never settled but best wishes to them both for their future and imminent arrival.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 22, 2019, 1:14pm; Reply: 12
Let's be honest, he had big boots to fill....those of Andy Fox...
Hope he gets something back home and starts to enjoy his football again..good luck to the lad..
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 22, 2019, 1:30pm; Reply: 13
Sad that it didn’t work out for him over here but I think hes going to be better off away from the club

Everyone had high hopes for both him and Ōhman when they joined but it’s not worked out, particularly with Seb

He’s got better things to look forward to now in becoming a father next year and at least he won’t be getting dogs’ abuse from certain quarters of Town’s support

He might not have lived up to expectations but I wish him well going forward with whatever future path he chooses

At least I got to see him score at Scarborough.... a good goal too although if you read social media at the time, it wasn’t intentional. FFS!

Good luck Seb! Enjoy the years ahead.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 22, 2019, 1:37pm; Reply: 14
if the the rule is 1 out 1 in, Does that mean that jf will graciously allow us a cheap loan signing in January?
Posted by: nightrider, December 22, 2019, 1:48pm; Reply: 15
Id like to see 4 out, 1 in of quality
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 22, 2019, 2:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from nightrider
Id like to see 4 out, 1 in of quality

Our version of quality would be a former Championship player from a South Yorks club with two international caps for Northern Ireland U21 C team in 2009, currently recovering from a cruciate ligament operation.

Posted by: lee65, December 22, 2019, 2:29pm; Reply: 17

Our version of quality would be a former Championship player from a South Yorks club with two international caps for Northern Ireland U21 C team in 2009, currently recovering from a cruciate ligament operation.

Sounds promising, how quick can he get here?  :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 22, 2019, 2:44pm; Reply: 18
A shame, I always thought there might be a decent player there for our level.

Good luck to the lad.
Posted by: Mayaman, December 22, 2019, 2:57pm; Reply: 19
Haven;t seen Ohman for ages.  What's wrong with him?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 22, 2019, 2:59pm; Reply: 20
Clearly a decent lad who was prepared to go overseas to further his career, shame it didn’t work out.

I guess that’s some payroll freed up if nothing else.
Posted by: 1098 (Guest), December 22, 2019, 4:06pm; Reply: 21
Just seen him in curious cat with his partner and ohman. Wished him well for the future and shook his hand. He leaves tmoro apparently.... All the best
Posted by: psgmariner, December 22, 2019, 5:24pm; Reply: 22
Saw him in the maternity unit this morning! Good luck to him and his family.
Posted by: sam gy, December 22, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mayaman
Haven;t seen Ohman for ages.  What's wrong with him?

Got injured in the warm up against Newport didn’t he?
Posted by: moosey_club, December 22, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from lee65

It depends on when he gets released from police custody following the incident late on Mad Friday night.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 22, 2019, 7:23pm; Reply: 25
Seemed a good signing at the time but he never cut it here for whatever reason. Yet another player arrives, disappoints, then leaves. We've had hundreds of them.

Good luck to him all the same.      
Posted by: golfer, December 22, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 26
It's the weather-he didn't have webbed feet
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 22, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from golfer
It's the weather-he didn't have webbed feet

If we’d wanted to sign players with those attributes we’d have just gone Dow the A46 or M180
Posted by: Maringer, December 22, 2019, 8:07pm; Reply: 28
Looked to be a decent footballer, but a bit lightweight and without the pace to make up for that. Good luck to him and his missus.
Posted by: Jonty, December 22, 2019, 8:50pm; Reply: 29
Ring, Ogbu and Ohman - Jolley has a lot to answer for...
Posted by: gaz57, December 22, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 30
At a time when do many think nobody wants to sign for us  because of where we are he came to us from another country to play for a team with a great tradition and put his faith in us. Unfortunately it's a bad time in our history. For that faith he showed in us I thank him and wish him and his family all the very best. Thank you and and have a great Christmas Seb.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 22, 2019, 9:22pm; Reply: 31
Sorry it did not work out for him.

Good luck Seb with the rest of your career.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 22, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 32

Seemed like a really nice guy, just didn't work out unfortunately.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 22, 2019, 10:13pm; Reply: 33
Funny how all those who went over the top in their criticism of Ring are remarkably silent now.... hmmm?

Probably looking for the next scapegoat for our woes, though Harry Cardwell seems to fit their criteria
Posted by: monkeyboy, December 23, 2019, 6:35am; Reply: 34
Quoted from Jonty
Ring, Ogbu and Ohman - Jolley has a lot to answer for...

What a total goon
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 23, 2019, 7:38am; Reply: 35
Quoted from lee65

Not that quick with his knee.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 12:00pm