Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 21, 2019, 3:10pm
Cut it up anyway you like but seven league games without a goal is entirely unacceptable.

Posted by: 1542 (Guest), December 21, 2019, 3:18pm; Reply: 1
Total garbage!! We are definitely on the way down again!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 21, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 2
So what do we do?  If, as some people on here say that the players are not good enough, then does AL have to take part of the blame for that, as he was the Assistant Manager and must have had some input into who we bought.  I think that it is time for a new manager, but what is going to happen in January, according to JF we don't have the money to spend, so would a new manager have to work with what we have now, or look at getting rid of some, and save on wages?  I would guess that then the only option we will have is to look at Free Agents.  Doesn't look very promising to me at the moment.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 21, 2019, 3:38pm; Reply: 3
Before today I thought there is no way we could go down, after today I’m not convinced
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 21, 2019, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
We should never have been in this position in the first place, we was non league not so many seasons ago and have learnt nothing, if things don’t change soon it’s only a matter of time before we are back there.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 21, 2019, 3:45pm; Reply: 5
As usual Grimsby town manage to make surviving in this legue from pretty straightforward to not being confident at all...

We couldn't score in a brothel, we turn up expecting to lose and you can just feel the lack of confidence all around the team.

Limbrick has had a go but its clear to see he aint got what we need right now and that's an experienced man who can turn a sinking ship around and get the basics into the team.

The club is a mess and i have always tried to give john fenty the support i can but john what actually do you want for us?  Do you want to survive and sell up or actually start giving a toss about the club and showing some bloody intent by appointing someone who can actually inspire this club.

FFS show some passion and at least show you still care and that starts by thanking andv relieving limbrick of his time here and having a proper look at yourself.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 21, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 6
I was actually quite buoyed by the performance today. Was expecting some kind of long ball barrage going on reports from here, but we played some good stuff. Clearly we need a finisher but my nephew commented that we choose this game to put in some excellent crosses with Hanson on the sidelines.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 21, 2019, 3:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
I was actually quite buoyed by the performance today. Was expecting some kind of long ball barrage going on reports from here, but we played some good stuff. Clearly we need a finisher but my nephew commented that we choose this game to put in some excellent crosses with Hanson on the sidelines.

I said the same to my dad, lots of opportunity to run at the Scunny defenders in their box but never really did.
Posted by: mimma, December 21, 2019, 4:20pm; Reply: 8
We lack confidence especially in front of goal. We badly need someone to fluke a goal to give us a lift.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 21, 2019, 4:57pm; Reply: 9
Jeez Morecambe just won!
Posted by: denni266, December 21, 2019, 5:16pm; Reply: 10
Its squeeky bum time
Posted by: TAGG, December 21, 2019, 7:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from cmackenzie4
We should never have been in this position in the first place, we was non league not so many seasons ago and have learnt nothing, if things don’t change soon it’s only a matter of time before we are back there.

The hierarchy never learn, remember when we should have gone down but Luton were docked points so we survived.
Instead of fixing things the next season the bloke who runs the club did intercourse all but make sure we were relegated.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 21, 2019, 8:25pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

Almost agree, but I'd argue all those high crosses showed our stupidity. Without Hanson, we have little ariel threat, particularly against huge centre backs, so why not drill low crosses for the likes of Vernam, Wright, Green and any advanced midfielder to get on the end of. We never looked like scoring from wide balls in today, nor set pieces.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 21, 2019, 8:29pm; Reply: 13
The difference between Town and the Scunts was they have Van Veen and and we have Matt Green.

The Scunts were there for the taking.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 23, 2019, 12:45pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Marinerz93
The difference between Town and the Scunts was they have Van Veen and and we have Matt Green.

The Scunts were there for the taking.

Those two chances that Van Veen and Green had were in effect the difference between the two sides and us getting the first positive outcome in nigh on three months

If Green had been incisive with this decision making he could have celebrated to his hearts content in front of the Scunthorpe fans... but all we got was their idiotic celebrations in front of ours  :-/
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:53pm