Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, December 11, 2019, 2:55pm
My plan for 2020

Ownership

1) Take out adverts in the national newspapers and get it all across the media that the club is for sale and investment is welcome. Give out as much information as possible. There are people out there who will want to invest but they need to know as most won't read the telegraph or the fishy.

2) Employ a CEO in the interim. Might be £80k plus per annum but the right person would make this a sound investment.

3) Employ someone or an agency to market the club to buyers or investors. Again will cost money but if they are any good it's a sound investment.

Manager

1) Immediately hire an experienced league manager with a modicum of success on their CV. Personally I would go after Tisdale. Sell the fact we are a similar project to Exeter. Small club in the bottom end of nowhere with loyal fans and a good crop of youth team players.

2) Allow the new manager to bring in their own coaching team.

Fan Engagement

1) Make the Exeter home game in January a thank you to the fans day. Reduced admission, free programme, free pint, free pie something like that. Ensure for at least this game the ground is full and rocking to show people that it can actually be fun and atmospheric.

2) Make the Mansfield game a thank you to those who travel away. Free coaches, free pint or something.

Both of these cost money but something has to be done to entice people back as we are losing fans at an alarming rate.

[b]Match Day Experience and Fan Engagement/b]

1) Introduce print your own tickets at home.

2) Look at dynamic pricing models (i.e. price goes up and down depending on demand and time of booking).

3) Get fans more involved in the day. Tiny things like online votes for the pre match music, penalty shoot outs with opposing fans.

4) Introduce pop up food vendors and pop up bars on match days.

5) Sell fish and chips.

6) Topless barmaids
Posted by: marinerdazza, December 11, 2019, 2:59pm; Reply: 1
Don't be bloody ridiculous.
Posted by: marinerdazza, December 11, 2019, 3:00pm; Reply: 2
some good ideas btw
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 11, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 3

The way things are going I doubt even the introduction of "Topless Barmaids" would halt the drop off in attendances at the moment   8)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 11, 2019, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

The way things are going I doubt even the introduction of "Topless Barmaids" would halt the drop off in attendances at the moment   8)

It would  ;D
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, December 11, 2019, 3:41pm; Reply: 5

Knowing Town we would hire some with nothing up top like the team.  ;D
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 11, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 6

Well it’s worth a try - the club is going tit5 up anyway.

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 11, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 7
If we are getting an experienced manager with a promotion or two on his CV.

Don't offer him a 6 month rolling contract !!!!!!!
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 11, 2019, 4:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
My plan for 2020

Ownership

1) Take out adverts in the national newspapers and get it all across the media that the club is for sale and investment is welcome. Give out as much information as possible. There are people out there who will want to invest but they need to know as most won't read the telegraph or the fishy. Sky Sports News, Fox News... Any major international sports news channel really... You hit the right audience.

2) Employ a CEO in the interim. Might be £80k plus per annum but the right person would make this a sound investment. We already have one thanks,and he's the best CEO/Secretary/Errmmmmm what ever he does that we've ever had.... Also, unless you have a certain surname or the relative or milkman of someone who does, you are not getting a job at this football club.

3) Employ someone or an agency to market the club to buyers or investors. Again will cost money but if they are any good it's a sound investment. Can't argue with this

Manager

1) Immediately hire an experienced league manager with a modicum of success on their CV. Personally I would go after Tisdale. Sell the fact we are a similar project to Exeter. Small club in the bottom end of nowhere with loyal fans and a good crop of youth team players. It's clear the club want Limbrick, out of the 50 or so who have allegedly applied there is nobody better ;)

2) Allow the new manager to bring in their own coaching team. You should be shot for speaking such common sense

Fan Engagement

1) Make the Exeter home game in January a thank you to the fans day. Reduced admission, free programme, free pint, free pie something like that. Ensure for at least this game the ground is full and rocking to show people that it can actually be fun and atmospheric. Something for nothing? At this club? Behave

2) Make the Mansfield game a thank you to those who travel away. Free coaches, free pint or something. See Above

Both of these cost money but something has to be done to entice people back as we are losing fans at an alarming rate. See above the one above

Match Day Experience and Fan Engagement/b]

1) Introduce print your own tickets at home. [b]Can't be policed - most modern stadia have a scanning system, hell will freeze over before the club invests.

2) Look at dynamic pricing models (i.e. price goes up and down depending on demand and time of booking). Sorry, we can't devalue the product

3) Get fans more involved in the day. Tiny things like online votes for the pre match music, penalty shoot outs with opposing fans. More involvement? Don't be obsurd - Us normal folk are the devil.

4) Introduce pop up food vendors and pop up bars on match days. I imagine the club outsources all this and the contract will be tied up. This is something the club miss a trick on in my opinion. But it doesn't have the right people to sort this out.

5) Sell fish and chips. The outdated facilites can't hack it. The best we can hope for is Young's ready-meals

6) Topless barmaids

Posted by: Posh Harry, December 11, 2019, 4:51pm; Reply: 9

It would  ;D

Depending on the quality of the product 😍👅
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 11, 2019, 5:04pm; Reply: 10
All way too sensible ideas PSG . Now shut up . You’re only a fan ffs .
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 11, 2019, 5:30pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner
My plan for 2020

Ownership

1) Take out adverts in the national newspapers and get it all across the media that the club is for sale and investment is welcome. Give out as much information as possible. There are people out there who will want to invest but they need to know as most won't read the telegraph or the fishy.

2) Employ a CEO in the interim. Might be £80k plus per annum but the right person would make this a sound investment.

3) Employ someone or an agency to market the club to buyers or investors. Again will cost money but if they are any good it's a sound investment.

Manager

1) Immediately hire an experienced league manager with a modicum of success on their CV. Personally I would go after Tisdale. Sell the fact we are a similar project to Exeter. Small club in the bottom end of nowhere with loyal fans and a good crop of youth team players.

Fan Engagement

1) Make the Exeter home game in January a thank you to the fans day. Reduced admission, free programme, free pint, free pie something like that. Ensure for at least this game the ground is full and rocking to show people that it can actually be fun and atmospheric.

2) Make the Mansfield game a thank you to those who travel away. Free coaches, free pint or something.

Both of these cost money but something has to be done to entice people back as we are losing fans at an alarming rate.

2) Look at dynamic pricing models (i.e. price goes up and down depending on demand and time of booking).

3) Get fans more involved in the day. Tiny things like online votes for the pre match music, penalty shoot outs with opposing fans.

5) Sell fish and chips.

6) Topless barmaids

It's all good stuff PSG but the chance of any of this being implemented are minimal.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 11, 2019, 6:01pm; Reply: 12
The problem with most of those ideas is they all require additional outlay.

I don't know, maybe 250k would do it.

But somebody only looking to recoup not speculate.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 11, 2019, 8:57pm; Reply: 13
Have you been sampling the stock PSG ???!!!
😂
All notable ideas for a normal business with a normal owner ....however....
Posted by: Rik e B, December 12, 2019, 10:41am; Reply: 14
Quoted from psgmariner
My plan for 2020

Ownership

Manager

Fan Engagement

5) Sell fish and chips.

6) Topless barmaids

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kyWdAxW.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Alfie, December 12, 2019, 11:14am; Reply: 15
Sounds cheap
Posted by: Alfie, December 12, 2019, 11:15am; Reply: 16
What about offering red Ferraris to new signings so we can get the best players?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 12, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Alfie
What about offering red Ferraris to new signings so we can get the best players?

I think you could be on to a winner with that suggestion.... we'll have the pick of the bunch come the January transfer window with these incentives

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4120845?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=ixwliimrw&istBid=t&&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156%7cacid:444-797-0832%7ccid:598623310%7cagid:28645210045%7ctid:pla-835921900308%7ccrid:96091178485%7cnw:g%7crnd:14350220635475892080%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o4%7cmt:%7cloc:9046296&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs_W1u8Ww5gIVAuDtCh0HeA8YEAQYBCABEgLEgfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Posted by: smokey111, December 12, 2019, 5:38pm; Reply: 18
All far too sensible suggestions. Take your thoughtful and considered ideas elsewhere........shouts of 4  4  2         4  4  2           4  4  2     are what is needed!!!!!!
Posted by: kevikov, December 12, 2019, 6:09pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from smokey111
All far too sensible suggestions. Take your thoughtful and considered ideas elsewhere........shouts of 4  4  2         4  4  2           4  4  2     are what is needed!!!!!!

I'd add to that with some "change it woodsy"

Posted by: thefish, December 12, 2019, 8:04pm; Reply: 20
"Get Terry Cooke On"
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 5:10am