Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, December 11, 2019, 11:30am
Just had a quick look at wiki for how long it's taken us in the past to appoint a manager in the past 10 years.
Buckley - Newell took 21 days
Newell - Woods - 36 days
Woods - Hurst/Scott 27 days (but that was, i think, elongated due to legal dispute)
Hurst - Bignot 19 days
Bignot - Slade 2 days
Slade - Jolley 19 days

and we are currently on 26 days and seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel, (not a  single rumour, apart from Stockdale, of anyone being interviewed, which contrast massively with previous managerial appointments)

all very worrying
Posted by: Abdul19, December 11, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 1
So whether it's 2 days or 36, the appointment is rubbish. Reassuring!
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, December 11, 2019, 11:47am; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
Just had a quick look at wiki for how long it's taken us in the past to appoint a manager in the past 10 years.
Buckley - Newell took 21 days
Newell - Woods - 36 days
Woods - Hurst/Scott 27 days (but that was, i think, elongated due to legal dispute)
Hurst - Bignot 19 days
Bignot - Slade 2 days
Slade - Jolley 19 days

and we are currently on 26 days and seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel, (not a  single rumour, apart from Stockdale, of anyone being interviewed, which contrast massively with previous managerial appointments)

all very worrying

Well over a month to get the most important managerial appointment of Fenty's tenure right....and he just went for Woods anyway despite the fact that we had no wins under his tenure as caretaker. Lump it on Limbrick folks!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 11, 2019, 12:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Well over a month to get the most important managerial appointment of Fenty's tenure right....and he just went for Woods anyway despite the fact that we had no wins under his tenure as caretaker. Lump it on Limbrick folks!

That’s certainly the way it’s looking

I remember Woods’ team while he was caretaker grinding out a drab 0-0 away to Northampton and his reward was to be given the position permanently ( well until he was sacked )

Looks suspiciously like “the board “ are taking the self same approach with AL
Posted by: Rik e B, December 11, 2019, 12:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

“the board “

I assume you mean 'Fenty and the Yes Men'?
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 11, 2019, 12:29pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Rik e B

I assume you mean 'Fenty and the Yes Men'?

Given 1/3 of the GTFC board is made up of Trust Board members, and the fact JF has always stated GTFC board is one man one vote this is't this an important appointment for the Trust? The current management of the club is beyond help but I'f hate for the Trust to get the flack for a cheap appointment.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 11, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Yeah but we only lost 2-0 at home to Conference South Bath City. It was something to build on.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 11, 2019, 2:21pm; Reply: 7
I'm sure the trust mean well SomeSanity but it's been apparent at times they tow the party line to avoid his Lordship having a hissy fit. It's my way or the highway working with Fenty in reality.
Posted by: Malta_Mariner_90, December 11, 2019, 2:23pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19

Yeah but we only lost 2-0 at home to Conference South Bath City. It was something to build on.

Fenty probably thought it could not actually get any worse than that...could not see the wood(s) for the (Brain)trees so to speak. ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 11, 2019, 4:32pm; Reply: 9
Looking at that list we have sacked 6 out of the last 7 managers.

Maybe more due diligence is required.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 11, 2019, 6:14pm; Reply: 10
Don't most clubs?
Posted by: moosey_club, December 11, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Rik e B
Don't most clubs?

there's always one person who  just states facts and common sense to make a point isn't there !!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:27pm