Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mark GTFC, December 9, 2019, 8:04pm
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know Graham collapsed earlier today and is in hospital.

Get well soon Graham x
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 9, 2019, 8:13pm; Reply: 1
😢😢😢😢😢😢 get well soon!
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 9, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 2
Poor Graham's had a rough time over the past few years.

I really hope that it turns out not to be too serious and he's back on his feet again soon.

Get well soon Graham.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2019, 9:48pm; Reply: 3
Bless him hope he is ok
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 9, 2019, 10:01pm; Reply: 4
Get well soon Graham!

Sending you our best wishes.

#UTM
Posted by: denni266, December 9, 2019, 10:12pm; Reply: 5
Get well soon Graham. know him since he was a kid running up the street shouting at the top of his voice
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 9, 2019, 11:39pm; Reply: 6
Saw Graham at Stevenage and he looked ok.

Get well soon mate and hope to see you at a game soon.
Posted by: supertown, December 10, 2019, 8:18am; Reply: 7
Best wishes Graham .GWS
Posted by: gtfcmd, December 10, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 8
get well soon graham
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 10, 2019, 9:22am; Reply: 9
Echo all the other comments and hope he gets better soon.
Posted by: fishyfanny, December 10, 2019, 9:25am; Reply: 10
Best wishes Graham, get well soon
Posted by: Rik e B, December 10, 2019, 9:36am; Reply: 11
Bless him, plenty of fond memories from the supporters coach mid nineties him, Bernard, Terry, Swanny etc etc all one big family, same faces every other week.

Get well soon old buddy.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, December 10, 2019, 11:08am; Reply: 12
Best wishes to Graham
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 10, 2019, 11:12am; Reply: 13
Don't forget to get him a program on Saturday Dave.

Hope to see you back soon Graham.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 10, 2019, 12:47pm; Reply: 14
Just the same thoughts from me

Get well soon Graham... the club needs you and your support
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 10, 2019, 1:27pm; Reply: 15
One of those famous local legends that every town and every club has. It's what epitomises character in a club.

Get well soon graham.
Posted by: denni266, December 10, 2019, 1:29pm; Reply: 16
The whole squad, backroom staff and Fenty and his muppets need to spend a week with Graham to see what  this club means to him and thousands of others.  Hoping his enthusiasm  rubs of on them all. He is MR Grimsby Town through and through  and has black and white blood in him
Posted by: Rik e B, December 10, 2019, 2:13pm; Reply: 17
Graham IS Grimsby.

Go be be fair to Lisa and co. on the floor I've only ever seen them hold him in very high esteem showing great fondness and helpfulness at every turn.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 10, 2019, 2:36pm; Reply: 18
Top lad town to the core get well soon mukka
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 10, 2019, 2:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from denni266
The whole squad, backroom staff and Fenty and his muppets need to spend a week with Graham to see what  this club means to him and thousands of others.  Hoping his enthusiasm  rubs of on them all. He is MR Grimsby Town through and through  and has black and white blood in him

The club should send Macca and a few others down to the hospital to see him, he'd love that.  To be fair to Macca and some of those players who've been here a few years, I'm sure if they knew Graham wasn't feeling too well they'd go and see him - they probably need informing.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 10, 2019, 3:06pm; Reply: 20
Graham IS Mr Grimsby.
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 10, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 21
Whenever I think of the Town and get depressed, all I need to do is think of Graham, because he's bought a ray of sunshine into everyone's lives with his infectious love for the club. Even now, if I ever see him on an away trip there's that wonderful simile and a "Hello, Mister John...." Get well soon Graham, your club needs you. I echo the other sentiment as well about a visit from the players, if anything could make Graham better that'd do it.
Posted by: tarka, December 10, 2019, 4:29pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from denni266

This comment is out of order. Like everyone else I hope Graham is OK and that this is only a minor setback but to use it as a stick to beat JF and anyone else at the club with is beneath contempt.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 10, 2019, 10:07pm; Reply: 23
Get well soon big fella, great character to have around the club and his enthusiasm is infectious.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), December 10, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 24
Well I hope he's OK, ready to follow town again. I must declare my ignorance and say who is he. Still sendi g best wishes.
Posted by: denni266, December 10, 2019, 10:48pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from tarka

This comment is out of order. Like everyone else I hope Graham is OK and that this is only a minor setback but to use it as a stick to beat JF and anyone else at the club with is beneath contempt.

It was not ment to be used to beat JF with try reading it again without twisting it.  I have known Graham since he was little and he is there greatest fan  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, December 10, 2019, 11:02pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from tarka

Brilliant, well done, there's always, always someone who'll take offence at whatever anyone says, all the time, at any opportunity.
Try reading the bloke's post again and putting it in context.
Posted by: PoutonStepover, December 10, 2019, 11:34pm; Reply: 27
Best wishes Graham, proper Town legend!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 11, 2019, 12:30am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Don't forget to get him a program on Saturday Dave.

Hope to see you back soon Graham.

I do remember when Dave got him a programme at Braintree once and Graham tried to sell it for £3.

GTFC means a lot to him and he means as much to us.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 11, 2019, 8:23am; Reply: 29
Quoted from tarka

I feel like I’ve been beaten with a stick every weekend for the last twenty years watching mostly dross
Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 11, 2019, 11:07pm; Reply: 30
I was only speaking with Mr Graham last week, he was asking who might be our next manager, he also told me that he was going into hospital operation next week.
I hope he is ok, like everyone on here, who knows Graham, he is Grimsby Town.
We have had many legends on the pitch, off the pitch Graham is a legend.
Hope he is well soon and back were he belongs at Blundell Park watching the might Mariners.

Posted by: Kris2, December 12, 2019, 2:58pm; Reply: 31
Oh this is sad news, I hope he'll be okay. Like anyone who has lived in Grimsby and Cleethorpes and/or has been a GTFC fan known him since I was a kid and knew his family. He lives and breaths GTFC,always enthusiastic and never has a bad word to say about anyone. Every town needs it's local characters and he's one of ours. Always enjoyed running into him on the way to town matches or local conventions where he's getting excited about Doctor Who guests.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:29pm