Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 9, 2019, 4:59pm
Carlisle (below us), Scunthorpe (obvious reasons) and Macclesfield (troubled), are the next 3 games, potentially pivotal and the biggest of season.

Hopefully if we can get a new manager in ASAP, we could have the 'new manager bounce' and we can get positive results from these 3. Otherwise we could be looking at a bleak start to the new year.

fingers crossed for an announcement soon
Posted by: marinerdazza, December 9, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
gah.
Posted by: mariners1, December 9, 2019, 5:59pm; Reply: 2
I guess I’m hoping that it isn’t the LAST 3 games that are crucial if u get my meaning!
UTM...
Posted by: Yoda, December 9, 2019, 6:00pm; Reply: 3
Cannot see us getting anything against Carlisle or Scunthorpe hopefully Macclesfield are depleted and we get something against them.
Bottom of the form league still with one point from 18.
Morecombe have 5
and Stevenage 7 from 18.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 9, 2019, 6:16pm; Reply: 4
Lose those three and the board, manager and players can all intercourse off.
Posted by: Stadium, December 9, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Stew0_0
Carlisle (below us), Scunthorpe (obvious reasons) and Macclesfield (troubled), are the next 3 games, potentially pivotal and the biggest of season.

Hopefully if we can get a new manager in ASAP, we could have the 'new manager bounce' and we can get positive results from these 3. Otherwise we could be looking at a bleak start to the new year.

fingers crossed for an announcement soon

Unlikely,he'll get another game at least in my opinion.

Posted by: Ipswin, December 9, 2019, 6:51pm; Reply: 6
With any luck Macclesfield will have folded by then so we'll only lose two of the three and we will be safe from relegation at a record early date
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 9, 2019, 8:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry
Lose those three and the board, manager and players can all intercourse off.

I would imagine a fair few more Town fans will have beaten them to it by then.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 9, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Yoda
Cannot see us getting anything against Carlisle or Scunthorpe hopefully Macclesfield are depleted and we get something against them.
Bottom of the form league still with one point from 18.
Morecombe have 5
and Stevenage 7 from 18.

This is the reality. We are sinking like a stone and playing some of the worst football a lot of us have ever seen, and just cannot buy a goal. Other teams are nearly as bad I suppose, but are picking up more points than us.

The logical conclusion is that we will finish bottom, unless some remedial action is taken.

Ideally that action is to get a new manager in this week, and Fenty to allow that manager to get some qualtiy players in January necessary to play the new managers preferred system.

Failure to act will be Fenty's biggest mistake yet.
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 9, 2019, 10:08pm; Reply: 9
Personally I’m dreading the Scunny game. If we don’t beat Carlisle I think Scunny will wipe the floor with us.

What I don’t get is why it’s always us that has these mad winless runs. Neil Woods’ 25 game streak that sent us down, Slade/MJ’s 20 game run  that was only halted by a dubious penalty. Now this one. If we don’t win soon this’ll grow arms and legs and we’ll be looking at something similar.

This rot has got to stop, and soon. These players need to sort this out between themselves, they’re supposed to be good enough.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 9, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 10
We also had a 22 league game run across 07/08 and 08/09.  :o

3 20+ winless runs in about 4 years of league football!

(This current run feels like it's getting near but only 7, incredibly. So it's probably going to get a lot worse  :()
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2019, 9:40pm; Reply: 11
[quote=3362,

Ideally that action is to get a new manager in this week, and Fenty to allow that manager to get some qualtiy players in January necessary to play the new managers preferred system.

Failure to act will be Fenty's biggest mistake yet.[/quote]

The budget has gone....there will be no new quality players in January.....we are in fingers crossed,  hail Mary territory with JF hoping Limbrick will find a win in the remainder of his allotted 6 games to "justify" his appointment and that Macc fck up and lose points or drop out altogether.
We all fear what's coming ..... A failure to sell out our ends against Scunny...unthinkable at the start of the season...Hurst stealing the points...cupping his ears...and using the word spoilt in his post match....

Posted by: bobbyturtle, December 10, 2019, 10:42pm; Reply: 12
frightening
Posted by: lukeo, December 11, 2019, 6:19am; Reply: 13
Draw
Lose
Win

Anything less is a disaster and we're copulated.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 12, 2019, 1:23pm; Reply: 14
Here's hoping for a dubious penalty!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 12, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 15
You could just as easily argue that the last 3 games were the biggest of the season. One point from 9 and following that? Nothing. No statements of intent from the board, nothing about what they (he) see as the way forward in terms of a new manager.

I don't think we learned a lot new from those games but they reinforced the message from the top - inaction is the key to progress.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 13, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 16
I really think the cost of a good manager would pay for itself, unless limbrick has a miraculous turnaround the fan base is peeling away and that'll run into next season, not trying to attack limbrick he's not at fault for the last 10 years, just can't remember a more quiet and depleted fan base than what we seem to have right now.

Even if a new manager achieved say a 16th place finish and limbrick got the same, think thered be a difference of 200-300 tickets every home match this season and how many season tickets down next season? Quite a lot of money to lose when you add it up
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 4:40pm