Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 7, 2019, 5:28pm
Just another talker..

All this working so hard on the training pitch he spoke of well i witnessed some of the worst defending i have ever seem today, i dont know what you lot been working on but whatever it's been sack it off.

Thanks for the effort but someone else better be in the dugout by the next game john.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 7, 2019, 6:33pm; Reply: 1
Have we got more than one?
Posted by: BrMarin, December 7, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 2
Sorry limbrick you failed the job interview.
Posted by: fishcake63, December 7, 2019, 6:39pm; Reply: 3
well i certainly witnessed our skipper have an horror show today & no manager can effect that
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 7, 2019, 6:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Just another talker..

All this working so hard on the training pitch he spoke of well i witnessed some of the worst defending i have ever seem today, i dont know what you lot been working on but whatever it's been sack it off.

Thanks for the effort but someone else better be in the dugout by the next game john.

Anybody else would have somebody lined up by now, ready to start Monday morning sharp.

I wonder how our John has assessed the situation? If we hear this week we are "awaiting applications" or getting ready to "start the interview process" then its worse than even I thought.

You would think having been burned so badly when Woods took us down, urgency would be the name of the game looking at our league position, x number of games without a win, and the fact that we have scored ONE home league goal since August.
Posted by: Gaffer58, December 7, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 5
They should have spent the last 10 days being prepared to bring a new manager in at a days notice, and today is that day, they did not have to call the discussions with various candidates interviews, just informal chats to see who is available/ interested, but knowing our progressive board they will now dump Limbrick, put the old stop gap of Big Dave in charge and start a 3 week process of finding the new messiah. Also out of interest does anyone know how many games Dave Moore has been the interim manager?
Posted by: Abdul19, December 7, 2019, 7:23pm; Reply: 6
4 in 10/11 wasnt it
Posted by: Grimal, December 7, 2019, 8:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from fishcake63
well i certainly witnessed our skipper have an horror show today & no manager can effect that

He needs to be stripped of the captains armband and spend important time on practicing his kicking and command of his area.He doesn't instil confidence to his defence.Yes he's been a loyal servant to the club but he shouldn't escape criticism.Todays show was eleven men versus eleven boys.Just can't see where our next goal is going to come from.

Posted by: promotion plaice, December 7, 2019, 8:08pm; Reply: 8

Anybody else would have somebody lined up by now, ready to start Monday morning sharp.

I wonder how our John has assessed the situation? If we hear this week we are "awaiting applications" or getting ready to "start the interview process" then its worse than even I thought.

You would think having been burned so badly when Woods took us down, urgency would be the name of the game looking at our league position, x number of games without a win, and the fact that we have scored ONE home league goal since August.

This

Posted by: ginnywings, December 7, 2019, 8:25pm; Reply: 9
Let's wait a bit longer and see what happens as that approach has worked so well for the last 15 seasons. Inertia rules.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 7, 2019, 9:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
Let's wait a bit longer and see what happens as that approach has worked so well for the last 15 seasons. Inertia rules.

Well, reading the Fishy over the past couple of weeks it seems that there are many posters were voting for inertia.

Limbrick’s charm worked very well, the “Give Him A Chance Party” was very convinced ...... as long as he was not actually having to put his 11 days of training ground theory into operation in a game.

Perhaps a dose of reality will come along now but don’t hold your breath. I would not be at all surprised to see some “Well, Swindon are on a run and top of the league”’ and “we lost through individual errors and no manager etc. etc. ......”.

I just hope JF is not moribund and has been working on a Plan B.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 7, 2019, 10:29pm; Reply: 11
He was 50% of the problem when Jolley was here but clearly he has some good principles around playing the ball in the deck but in reality the club is so rotten he’s best not having this job tarnishing his CV.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 7, 2019, 11:14pm; Reply: 12
I can't lay all the blame at AL  I just think some of the players are just not good enough.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 9, 2019, 2:05pm; Reply: 13

Well, reading the Fishy over the past couple of weeks it seems that there are many posters were voting for inertia.

Limbrick’s charm worked very well, the “Give Him A Chance Party” was very convinced ...... as long as he was not actually having to put his 11 days of training ground theory into operation in a game.

Perhaps a dose of reality will come along now but don’t hold your breath. I would not be at all surprised to see some “Well, Swindon are on a run and top of the league”’ and “we lost through individual errors and no manager etc. etc. ......”.

I just hope JF is not moribund and has been working on a Plan B.

That's a good one that is.... made me LOL   ;D

You should have saved it for Christmas Day as it's miles better than any of those jokes you find when you pull the crackers   ;)
Posted by: mariners1, December 9, 2019, 2:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry
I can't lay all the blame at AL  I just think some of the players are just not good enough.

Have to disagree with u on this. To make substitutions at half time on Saturday was obviously necessary but his decision to make 2 changes and still play 4-3-3 was astounding n Swindon simply continued to hit the acres of space on our right hand side. Result? Took them all of seven minutes to score their third. Sorry but that surely has to be down to the manager doesn’t it?
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 9, 2019, 2:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariners1

Have to disagree with u on this. To make substitutions at half time on Saturday was obviously necessary but his decision to make 2 changes and still play 4-3-3 was astounding n Swindon simply continued to hit the acres of space on our right hand side. Result? Took them all of seven minutes to score their third. Sorry but that surely has to be down to the manager doesn’t it?

I don't disagree with that but if you only have crap players to deal with it doesn't help the situation.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 9, 2019, 5:23pm; Reply: 16
Backed himself into a bit of a corner with the anti-Jolley sticking to a system thing. Going toe to toe because we at home and have-a-go football expected always gonna be dangerous when out of sorts and they on fire.

4-5-1 keeping us shape breaking into a 4-3-3 when can perhaps.

Has 4-4-2 died now? The problem is we've seemed to lack midfield bite for so long to succeed with that as centre mids seem to get overwhelmed.

If only could magic up a Paul Groves and plonk him in there.

Read interesting comments from Keith Curle on how they knew to take advantages of facing 4-3-3 when Northampton played us.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 9, 2019, 5:26pm; Reply: 17
Quoted Text
"But we stuck to our beliefs, we were brave enough to go three versus three at the back and that meant at times we would be stretched, which happened, but we know we can score goals.

"If a team wants to play three up then you know they have a weakness at the other end of the pitch, and having that belief and understanding was key."
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 10, 2019, 1:30pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Rik e B
Backed himself into a bit of a corner with the anti-Jolley sticking to a system thing. Going toe to toe because we at home and have-a-go football expected always gonna be dangerous when out of sorts and they on fire.

4-5-1 keeping us shape breaking into a 4-3-3 when can perhaps.

Has 4-4-2 died now? The problem is we've seemed to lack midfield bite for so long to succeed with that as centre mids seem to get overwhelmed.

If only could magic up a Paul Groves and plonk him in there.

Read interesting comments from Keith Curle on how they knew to take advantages of facing 4-3-3 when Northampton played us.

Got any way of sharing this Rik? I'd be interested to know

Wonder if he had a plan B too in case we'd taken advantage of those chances we created before they got on the scoresheet too? ::)
Posted by: Rik e B, December 10, 2019, 2:18pm; Reply: 19
I found a bit of it with the 'but we stuck to our beliefs'  quote above but sure I heard more. Made my ears perk up just how wiley and tactically astute he was to hone in on the weakness in that formation, set a plan to take advantage and make us pay.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:15am