Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2019, 4:09pm
Should they go belly up, it looks like there would be no relegation spots in our league.  If that is the case, I would be happy for AL to continue in the role as manager until at least the New Year.
If no sign of improvement (or an increase in attendances), we would have plenty of time to get a new man in to get himself ready for the 2020/21 season.  There is no need to worry about the Jan transfer window as we won't be doing much anyway. It would save money on a new appointment, which hopefully would be used to fund next season (as opposed to paying off the debt). It would allow a certain sense of freedom for AL to find his best formation/starting 11.

Posted by: Abdul19, December 5, 2019, 4:12pm; Reply: 1
I expect the club to auction off the manager's job (GTFC Managerial Experience?) on a game by game basis.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 5, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 2
Macclesfield players have said today (as a group) that they are not playing against Crewe as they are mentally and emotionally drained.  They have not been paid this month and have not trained properly for a week.

The EFL said today that the club will be punished if the fixture is not fulfilled.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 5, 2019, 5:01pm; Reply: 3
Don't know if anyone listened to jim White on talksport but there was a short excerpt from a message one of the players sent to the manager saying how not being paid had cost him house, car and self esteem, borrowing off family, friends team mates, anyone who could lend him money, had his car insurance cancelled through non payment and was driving uninsured.  
He'd approached their owner about all this and the owner had promised to pay all that he was owed yet to date he'd not received a penny!!...even can't afford Xmas presents for his child now.. .
Yet their owner comes out saying the club is a good financial position!!...someone's telling porkies and I don't think it's the players...
Posted by: Perkins, December 5, 2019, 5:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Abdul19
I expect the club to auction off the manager's job (GTFC Managerial Experience?) on a game by game basis.

Expect a £200 reserve price.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 5, 2019, 5:42pm; Reply: 5
Disgraceful predicament for all those involved in the running of the club. It effects so many people, players, staff and of course supporters and business' in the community. I wish all those badly effected all the best. Those that have run the club, I hope you rot you ba5tards
Posted by: Ipswin, December 5, 2019, 5:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Don't know if anyone listened to jim White on talksport but there was a short excerpt from a message one of the players sent to the manager saying how not being paid had cost him house, car and self esteem, borrowing off family, friends team mates, anyone who could lend him money, had his car insurance cancelled through non payment and was driving uninsured.  
He'd approached their owner about all this and the owner had promised to pay all that he was owed yet to date he'd not received a penny!!...even can't afford Xmas presents for his child now.. .
Yet their owner comes out saying the club is a good financial position!!...someone's telling porkies and I don't think it's the players...

Jim White is a drama queen and grade 1 tosser.

He did exactly the same with a Bury player and the Bury owner when they were going mammaries up. Not saying the player(s) isn't experiencing dreadful financial hardship,

I sure he and his team mates are all struggling but White absolutely loves it and makes the most of it whilst appearing to be trying to a) get to the truth and b) help the player
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 5, 2019, 5:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Ipswin

He did exactly the same with a Bury player and the Bury owner when they were going mammaries up. Not saying the player(s) isn't experiencing dreadful financial hardship,

I sure he and his team mates are all struggling but White absolutely loves it and makes the most of it whilst appearing to be trying to a) get to the truth and b) help the player

Give it up Swin, for once he didn't big this issue up, even had the Macclesfield fans trust head honcho on the show who said he knew which player it was and that it has affected him and his team mates massively.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 5, 2019, 5:50pm; Reply: 8
What's the penalty for failing to fulfil a fixture, points deduction, fine, wrap across the knuckles?
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 5, 2019, 5:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

Irony at its best  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Meza, December 5, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
What's the penalty for failing to fulfil a fixture, points deduction, fine, wrap across the knuckles?

I very much doubt it'll be a fine as that's putting Macclesfield in an even worse financial position so probably be points deduction I reckon.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 5, 2019, 7:31pm; Reply: 11

Give it up Swin, for once he didn't big this issue up, even had the Macclesfield fans trust head honcho on the show who said he knew which player it was and that it has affected him and his team mates massively.

I don't doubt for a moment that if they haven't been paid, the players are genuinely experiencing financial problems my point is that he loves getting player and owner either on the air or getting a quote then getting all excited about 'somebody must be lying'

He can't help himself, he revels in it, it's good for his programme, he thrives on it. Not just today and the Bury player and owner a few months ago but he also lined up, under the pretence of an earlier friendly meeting, the Belgian guy who has just sold Charlton Athletic for a drama packed interview
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 5, 2019, 7:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

He can't help himself, he revels in it, it's good for his programme, he thrives on it. Not just today and the Bury player and owner a few months ago but he also lined up, under the pretence of an earlier friendly meeting, the Belgian guy who has just sold Charlton Athletic for a drama packed interview

Oh I'm not defending Jim White one bit, but today it really hit home the plight of the Macclesfield players.
In some respects it makes you realise that for all the Fenty bashers out there that we're actually lucky to still have a club to support and that he and the board haven't sold out to a wanna be who's got no idea how to run a business and cares nothing for the people that rely on him just to keep a roof over their heads.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 5, 2019, 7:59pm; Reply: 13

In some respects it makes you realise that for all the Fenty bashers out there that we're actually lucky to still have a club to support and that he and the board haven't sold out to a wanna be who's got no idea how to run a business and cares nothing for the people that rely on him just to keep a roof over their heads.

Agreed 100%

Posted by: moosey_club, December 5, 2019, 8:33pm; Reply: 14

Oh I'm not defending Jim White one bit, but today it really hit home the plight of the Macclesfield players.

oh i dont know.....i think i would have been happy for JF to not pay the wages of some of the players we have had under his tenure.  ;)
Posted by: Meza, December 5, 2019, 8:37pm; Reply: 15
It's a difficult situation to sort.  Maybe the Macclesfield owner past the fit and proper person test and was actually legit.  The EFL don't have the power to kick the owner from the club and give to a new owner he has a legal right.  There needs to be a new rule implemented that if the owner fails to pay wages multiple times (paid by the EFL) the EFL have the right to cease the club from said owner.  Maybe the players can leave at there own will to join another club and the EFL relax the registration rule.

It's OK saying more Premier League money should be filtered down but that will just paper over the cracks (I do think there should be more money filtered down though in general), can't remember the % of money passed down was it something like

Championship - 70%
League 1 - 12%
League 2 -   8%

Not sure what the answer is I'm trying to look at it from both sides.
Posted by: nightrider, December 5, 2019, 8:49pm; Reply: 16
He cant be a fan so why did Alkadhi buy the club?  
Sol Campbell is 180k  for his 8months in charge. It sounds like he may have been funding things
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 5, 2019, 9:24pm; Reply: 17
I find it hard to listen to anything Jim White says.
Posted by: denni266, December 5, 2019, 9:25pm; Reply: 18
Its unfortunate that football is bussiness  in every sence now . and like all firms they must  be solvent and the weak go to the wall eventually, The real losers are the fans, no matter what team, from the top of the prem to the dog n duck  on the corner green there are fans that live and breath there club. Its not like the corner shop closing and you can go to another just like that
Posted by: topuphere666, December 5, 2019, 10:20pm; Reply: 19
It’s such a sad state for the staff of the club, players at clubs like Macclesfield will be on similar wages to a lot of us. I know without a monthly pay I’d be up the creek within 2 months of the last pay. With  christmas coming up it’s just excrement for all involved.
Posted by: Fishbone, December 6, 2019, 12:09pm; Reply: 20
Does anyone else get the heebie-jeebies thinking about what happened previously the season after clubs were being deducted points and we were near the foot of the table?!
Posted by: Abdul19, December 6, 2019, 12:45pm; Reply: 21
I'm fully confident that the upper echelons of the club have learnt from their mistakes.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 6, 2019, 1:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19
I'm fully confident that the upper echelons of the club have learnt from their mistakes.

i''m sure they have Abdul. Have you managed to fully remove your tongue from the cheek in which said tongue was wedged? :) :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 6, 2019, 1:07pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

i''m sure they have Abdul. Have you managed to fully remove your tongue from the cheek in which said tongue was wedged? :) :)

Unless of course he actually believes that.
In which case his tongue is wedged in entirely a different kind of cheek 😉😮😮
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 6, 2019, 1:08pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Civvy at last

I physically laughed at that!!.... brilliant..👍😂
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 6, 2019, 1:41pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Civvy at last

Is he a contortionist?

Posted by: Mayaman, December 6, 2019, 3:33pm; Reply: 26
If Macclesfield fold what happens to the points teams have gained from playing them while other teams would not have played them?
Posted by: kenlyn, December 6, 2019, 3:39pm; Reply: 27
Their results would be removed from the records which means we would lose 3 points.
The advantage would be that there would be no relegation from league 2 this season.
Posted by: jock dock tower, December 6, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Think he'd make a better snooker commentator as an ex player than John Virgo though, he's crap.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 6, 2019, 4:08pm; Reply: 29
Their game v Crewe has now been postponed due to the players refusing to play.

It does not look good for them.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 6, 2019, 4:32pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Their game v Crewe has now been postponed due to the players refusing to play.

Typical, they didn't postpone our game against Leyton Orient

Posted by: The Yard Dog, December 6, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

That slot on Talksport was much  better under Colin Murray, Colin Murray announced via Twitter in July 2016 that he was to leave Talksport in September 2016, following the takeover of the station by News Corp, , who in turn owns The Sun.
Posted by: Rik e B, December 6, 2019, 6:14pm; Reply: 32
We thought we could get away with a lacksidasical approach and lack of funding comfortable in the knowledge we safe from the drop when Luton were deducted, but perhaps that blasé approach contributed to us paying the ultimate price the next season?

We must not take our foot off the pedal. Ever. The constant evolvement of the squad must continue window on window, not withdraw all investment as we guaranteed safe only to find next season we way off the pace.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 8, 2019, 3:19pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Rik e B
We thought we could get away with a lacksidasical approach and lack of funding comfortable in the knowledge we safe from the drop when Luton were deducted, but perhaps that blasé approach contributed to us paying the ultimate price the next season?

We must not take our foot off the pedal. Ever. The constant evolvement of the squad must continue window on window, not withdraw all investment as we guaranteed safe only to find next season we way off the pace.

When you say “we” Rik, can I take it that you’re referring to the influencers at the club and not us dispirited but loyal supporters?
Posted by: Rik e B, December 9, 2019, 1:54pm; Reply: 34
Yes, of course. The people that pull the strings and make the decisions.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 9, 2019, 1:56pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Rik e B
Yes, of course. The people that pull the strings.

A very apt turn of phrase.... with us being their puppets eh?  :-/
Posted by: Stadium, December 10, 2019, 5:34pm; Reply: 36
Deal agreed in principle.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/36067/11883072/macclesfield-town-businessman-joe-sealy-agrees-deal-in-principle-to-buy-league-two-club
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 10, 2019, 6:44pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Stadium

And we're not in trouble but still can't find a buyer   :-/

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 10, 2019, 7:03pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from promotion plaice

And we're not in trouble but still can't find a buyer   :-/

It would help if there was a seller.

Posted by: hampshiremariner, December 10, 2019, 9:15pm; Reply: 39
Dangerous to to hope for safety on the back of the demise of a club. Sol left being owed £180,000 in wages, I read. Amazing they contracted him on those wages when there was nothing in the coffers. I want Macc to survive as two clubs going down the pan is bad for the FL and football in general. The PL should really put more of its money into the IMO.
How long ago was the ITV digital fiasco (18-19 years ago?). That messed up a lot of clubs financially.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 10, 2019, 9:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Dangerous to to hope for safety on the back of the demise of a club. Sol left being owed £180,000 in wages, I read. Amazing they contracted him on those wages when there was nothing in the coffers. I want Macc to survive as two clubs going down the pan is bad for the FL and football in general. The PL should really put more of its money into the IMO.
How long ago was the ITV digital fiasco (18-19 years ago?). That messed up a lot of clubs financially.

It still is, that's why one man can't and won't sell this club!!
Posted by: sapper mariner, December 12, 2019, 11:01am; Reply: 41
Looks like they have found a buyer and a deal in principle has been agreed
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:38am