Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 21, 2019, 3:44am
Has the makings of a bloodbath, given what I've been reading on here this morning. Very depressing...and the more so knowing that
nothing will change under Fenty. It'll be cheap options all round till he gets his money back, I fear. That includes the next manager....

I'd have a ton of respect for AL if - for Saturday's match at Northampton - he picked a spine of Macca, Waterfall, Hess & Hanson, and
picked academy kids (and Wright, if fit) for the other positions. Preferably in a 4-4-2, as that's the only shape that has worked for us in the
50 years I've been supporting Town.

One thing that struck me reading the match thread (apart from feeling the posters' pain) was the clueless reaction to going behind. We need
an outfield leader imo. From 'my' spine I'd choose Hess - but Waterfall and Hanson have the experience to draw on to handle the job, you'd think.
Making your goalkeeper captain is an admission you don't have an obvious outfield leader, I reckon. It identifies one of your team's problems.

Natural leaders are hard to pick up - every team wants them. I guess Welsh was signed with something like this in mind, but his legs had gone.
Right idea - wrong guy. I suspect a 'right guy' would cost about as much as JF takes out of the club each season, though...
Posted by: somersetmariner, November 21, 2019, 4:17am; Reply: 1
Quoted from 137
Has the makings of a bloodbath, given what I've been reading on here this morning. Very depressing...and the more so knowing that
nothing will change under Fenty. It'll be cheap options all round till he gets his money back, I fear. That includes the next manager....

I'd have a ton of respect for AL if - for Saturday's match at Northampton - he picked a spine of Macca, Waterfall, Hess & Hanson, and
picked academy kids (and Wright, if fit) for the other positions. Preferably in a 4-4-2, as that's the only shape that has worked for us in the
50 years I've been supporting Town.

One thing that struck me reading the match thread (apart from feeling the posters' pain) was the clueless reaction to going behind. We need
an outfield leader imo. From 'my' spine I'd choose Hess - but Waterfall and Hanson have the experience to draw on to handle the job, you'd think.
Making your goalkeeper captain is an admission you don't have an obvious outfield leader, I reckon. It identifies one of your team's problems.

Natural leaders are hard to pick up - every team wants them. I guess Welsh was signed with something like this in mind, but his legs had gone
Right idea - wrong guy. I suspect a 'right guy' would cost about as much as JF takes out of the club each season, though...

John Welsh couldnt organize a queue at a bus stop without getting into a fight
Posted by: Rik e B, November 21, 2019, 4:40am; Reply: 2
What so playing the academy kids apart from spine of team and stripping Macca of captaincy would avoid bloodbath?
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 21, 2019, 6:58am; Reply: 3
I’d take anything less than 3-0 on that showing last night - Newport were very very poor - Northampton however are full of confidence right now and in form and could well give us a pasting on Saturday - the players need to wake up and start playing for this club and show something, anything!!

Those 93 who went last night will mostly be going to work this morning , some maybe already at work - while those players will be taking it easy having a little train and pretending to be professionals- they need to have a long hard look at themselves and start doing the job they are paid for and do the job us as fans contribute to them doing  
Posted by: lukeo, November 21, 2019, 7:00am; Reply: 4
I'd happily see us lose Saturday against an in form team aslong as we attempted to try play football properly and look for feet or balls intoo the channel with players their ready to run onto it etc.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 21, 2019, 7:46am; Reply: 5
Why would you want a 442 when we have no wingers? (Despite the fact we were ace with that formation in 1980)
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 21, 2019, 8:07am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rik e B
What so playing the academy kids apart from spine of team and stripping Macca of captaincy would avoid bloodbath?

Bit optimistic to think that.

I'm hoping it would hurt the professional pride of the poorly-performing first team squad.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 21, 2019, 8:07am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
Why would you want a 442 when we have no wingers? (Despite the fact we were ace with that formation in 1980)

In the Academy?
Posted by: golfer, November 21, 2019, 8:13am; Reply: 8
Towns current form--FLFLFLFDFL and on Saturday unless vast improvement another FL
Posted by: Abdul19, November 21, 2019, 8:23am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 137

In the Academy?

Harrison Smith looks a talent in the under 13s.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 22, 2019, 1:09am; Reply: 10
With the current string of results for both teams I can see this only going one way.

1-0 to the Mariners.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, November 22, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 11
Northampton currently 10/11
Posted by: Abdul19, November 22, 2019, 9:48am; Reply: 12
Buying money, lump on, have a bang on that etc
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 22, 2019, 10:00am; Reply: 13
On the showing the other night then I would indeed expect the game to be carnage, BUT I do believe we have some good players who are currently out of form.  AL or DM need to install belief in these guy's heads that they can win and a good run is just round the corner.  here's hoping they start to click and we get something from the game.
Posted by: Tommy, November 22, 2019, 11:17am; Reply: 14
Remember when we'd just been run ragged at Chelsea and went to unbeaten Exeter a few days later for the 2nd long away trip in 4 days, and everyone thought we'd get pumped. I remember some Town fans betting on us to lose. Remember how that went?

It's League Two. No-one is so good that they can't be beaten by even the lowest of teams in this division.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 22, 2019, 11:35am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
Buying money, lump on, have a bang on that etc

thanks very much Abdul, i certainly will - few quid going on with Skybet at 19-20. will help to ease the pain Saturday evening!

ps - this strategy has worked before; as the world's worst betting man , me betting against Town has ensured many a vital point or win
Posted by: Abdul19, November 22, 2019, 7:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano

ps - this strategy has worked before; as the world's worst betting man , me betting against Town has ensured many a vital point or win

Me betting against us every week during Jan, Feb, Mar 2018 ensured no such thing - I kept bloody winning money ;D
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 22, 2019, 7:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano
thanks very much Abdul, i certainly will - few quid going on with Skybet at 19-20. will help to ease the pain Saturday evening!

Rescued by the Fishy!

Just when I thought we had absolutely no chance at Northampton....     ;D  ;D
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 22, 2019, 7:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Abdul19
Harrison Smith looks a talent in the under 13s.

If the best winger we have is a twinkle-toed twelve-year old, I fear for the future of GTFC !  ;)    (which I do, anyway)
Posted by: lukeo, November 22, 2019, 9:10pm; Reply: 19
Not sure how much tickets are but if you put £20 on a toown lose if we lose you get your ticket money back  ;D 8)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 22, 2019, 10:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from lukeo
Not sure how much tickets are but if you put £20 on a toown lose if we lose you get your ticket money back  ;D 8)

If we win it's cost you £40. Stay at home, don't bet and spend the money on something you enjoy.  ;)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:30pm