Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, November 20, 2019, 10:11pm
Limbrick got it totally wrong tonight,

Davis on the right and Hewitt in the middle - while Clifton/Whitehouse are on the bench. With Hendrie injured Hewitt had to play right back if anywhere his awful in midfield.

Cardwell on? Should of moved cook up and brought clifton or whitehouse earlier (or just played with 10 men cos cardwell is that bad.

Am guessing Ogbu is injured and with us only naming 6 subs but Hanson around the bench must of picked up a injury.

Either way I expected a reaction and I think that’s probably the worse performance of the season.

Oh and Vernam needs to come back.

We’re in trouble.
Posted by: mimma, November 20, 2019, 10:14pm; Reply: 1
Any news on why Hanson was not in the squad?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 20, 2019, 10:17pm; Reply: 2
It's not the tactics. It's the lack of mentality and effort by the players. As the game went on instead of trying harder they got more half-hearted. Underhit passes, hospital passes, not winning 50:50 balls, poor control.

I've seen plenty of players played out of position, but if they approach it with the right mentality it's not too bad.
Posted by: lukeo, November 20, 2019, 10:21pm; Reply: 3
I managed to get it on just after kick off and watched until full time and i couldn't tell you..
A. What formation we were playing
B. Who was playing where? (4-5 players i still cant work out where they was playing)

Sincee full time I've seen we set up 352.. Who was upfront? Who was the 3 central midfielders? Genuinely couldn't tell you. Was Rose ment to be left wing back? Cook upfront or cam? I genuinely don't know.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, November 20, 2019, 10:23pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It's not the tactics. It's the lack of mentality and effort by the players. As the game went on instead of trying harder they got more half-hearted. Underhit passes, hospital passes, not winning 50:50 balls, poor control.

I've seen plenty of players played out of position, but if they approach it with the right mentality it's not too bad.

Cardwell has been crap since his been here even when the team has been playing well.

Hewitt has been crap in midfield since his been here even when the team is playing well.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 20, 2019, 10:27pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89

Cardwell has been crap since his been here even when the team has been playing well.

Hewitt has been crap in midfield since his been here even when the team is playing well.

If that's the case then it has nothing to do with formation or tactics.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 20, 2019, 10:28pm; Reply: 6

I think we have a set of players who’s band with has been maxed out by things being too complicated, “continental”, technical, clever and structured.

Too many A licences and not enough licence to just go out and effing play football

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 20, 2019, 10:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mimma
Any news on why Hanson was not in the squad?

Had a rant probably.

Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, November 20, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 8

If that's the case then it has nothing to do with formation or tactics.

Well if you haven’t won in 8 games and look like a relegation team  with no clue or hope am guessing it is the tactics and formation
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 20, 2019, 10:35pm; Reply: 9
Why oh why are they making playing football look so difficult?!?

It’s a simple game!!!

And we have players who can fit and play well in certain positions but oh let’s play them in random positions and a formation that makes no sense!!!

What really is so wrong with the basics?!?!?

FOUR

FOUR

TWO

Play Hess and either Whitehouse or Clifton in the middle

So infuriating it’s ridiculous
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 20, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think we have a set of players who’s band with has been maxed out by things being too complicated, “continental”, technical, clever and structured.

Too many A licences and not enough licence to just go out and effing play football

Maybe asking too much of them. I think less gifted players with the right mentality could deliver more. I get the horses for course thing, but too often we see players who don't know what to do and it's not exactly rocket science.

e.g. there's a team mate with two players on him, what do you do? (a) Pass it to him, (b) to someone else or (c) move with the ball? Too often they choose (a).
Or you have the ball to one side of central midfield in your own half and there is a team mate across the park and an opposing forward approaching midway between you. Do you (a) tap it to your team mate, (b) pass it back or (c) look to knock it up the park/out wide? Pick mostly (a)s and you get a contract at GTFC.

It doesn't matter whether you're a left back playing in the hole, or a goalkeeper on the wing, all players should have a bit of basic nous.
Posted by: mimma, November 20, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 11
What struck me was our defenders just launching it as far as possible upfield. If they did attempt to pass it they gave it to a Newport player.

Just like kick and rush in the school playground.

There's something seriously wrong with the current squad of players if that is all they can do.
Posted by: golfer, November 20, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 12
Looks like Jolly and Limbrick were tarred with the same brush
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 20, 2019, 10:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89

Well if you haven’t won in 8 games and look like a relegation team  with no clue or hope am guessing it is the tactics and formation

Or the players underperforming.

Both probably. But I've seen shapeless teams (e.g. under Hurst in the Conference) beat other teams simply because we had better players. We played some excrement football at times but often Disley, or Podge, or Bogle got us the points.
Posted by: Rik e B, November 21, 2019, 1:49am; Reply: 14
Confidence and morale is shot, that's the main issue. mammary-arsing about with formations hasn't helped and probably caused the confidence drop to a degree.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 21, 2019, 4:44am; Reply: 15
I am not sure why Kingston Mariner got so many dislikes.  The players have to step up to.  You can't blame it all on tactics. I am in a new school and it's being managed badly with some awful decision making.  All the teachers are pretty peed off but we go into every day and strive to plan the best lesson possible.   They should stop sulking and pull their socks up.  
Posted by: golfer, November 21, 2019, 8:04am; Reply: 16
Sack the headmaster and replace him with the assistant headmaster who has the same notebook
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 21, 2019, 8:26am; Reply: 17
Those UEFA coaching licences are really good aren’t they? ;)
Posted by: denni266, November 21, 2019, 9:37am; Reply: 18
How the hell can a team that not long ago was right up at the top end of the league just turn in too relagation fodder. There has to be a reason , they are all pro footballers . oh hang on. does pro just mean they are paid for it full time , not that they are good at it ? mind you the whole club is no good top to bottom
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), November 21, 2019, 9:39am; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This is the only decent post in this thread, and probably the only one that hits the nail on the head!
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:51am