Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 20, 2019, 6:57pm
Got a spare ticket to see The Wonder Stuff and Jim Bob (Carter USM) at The Welly Club in Hull on Saturday 7th December.

4 options -

Option 1 - If you just want the ticket then I just after getting back face value for it which is £30.
Option 2 - I can drive, in that case just looking for face value and a few quid towards petrol.
Option 3 - If you want to drive than you can have the ticket for a tenner.
Option 4 - No one want the ticket so it goes to waste and I'll go on my own.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 21, 2019, 11:18am; Reply: 1
Looking like Option 4 at the minute then!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 21, 2019, 1:32pm; Reply: 2
Have you tried one of those local pages for buying / selling Les that you get on Facebook?

I'm sure there'll be a Hull one?
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 28, 2019, 2:26pm; Reply: 3
Still got this ticket spare.

It's a week on Saturday after the Swindon game.

I can't believe that no one want to go and see 2 of the most entertaining acts touring at the minute.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 6, 2019, 4:34pm; Reply: 4
Last chance if anyone wants to go tomorrow, otherwise the spare ticket I've got is just going to go to waste.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 6, 2019, 11:06pm; Reply: 5
Just between me and you Les.

I don't think anybody else wants to go.(surrender)(surrender)(surrender)
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 9, 2019, 2:23pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just between me and you Les.

I don't think anybody else wants to go.(surrender)(surrender)(surrender)

Their loss Pete. It was a fantastic evening. Jim Bob as ever was superb and Miles Hunt and The Wonder Stuff were pretty decent too. They played a few new songs before playing theit first 2 albums, Eight Legged Groove Machine and Hup in their entirity. The girl on the violin for them was worth the admission fee alone, she was incredible.

First time I've been to The Welly Club in Hull and it was okay. Quite a smallish intimate venue and I'd much rather go to venues like this than pay stupid money to see these  so-called big supergroups at football stadiums and massive arenas.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 17, 2019, 12:22pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Their loss Pete. It was a fantastic evening. Jim Bob as ever was superb and Miles Hunt and The Wonder Stuff were pretty decent too. They played a few new songs before playing theit first 2 albums, Eight Legged Groove Machine and Hup in their entirity. The girl on the violin for them was worth the admission fee alone, she was incredible.

First time I've been to The Welly Club in Hull and it was okay. Quite a smallish intimate venue and I'd much rather go to venues like this than pay stupid money to see these  so-called big supergroups at football stadiums and massive arenas.

Went to see John Power at the Welly a few weeks ago. Decent proper venue. Beer at £4 a pint after paying a ridiculous £6 a pint at Newcastle arena to see LG supported by the brilliant DMA's.
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 17, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Went to see John Power at the Welly a few weeks ago. Decent proper venue. Beer at £4 a pint after paying a ridiculous £6 a pint at Newcastle arena to see LG supported by the brilliant DMA's.

Pardon my ignorance. Who are LG and DMA's?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 18, 2019, 1:16pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin

Pardon my ignorance. Who are LG and DMA's?

I'd hazard a guess at LG being Liam Gallagher?

DMA's .... not a clue  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 18, 2019, 4:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'd hazard a guess at LG being Liam Gallagher?

DMA's .... not a clue  ;D

Of course it is. Just didn't come to me. Just did a Google search by the way and the DMA's are an Aussie rock band. Had a quick listen to a bit of their stuff and it's quite good actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMA%27s

Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 25, 2019, 9:46pm; Reply: 11
Correct on both counts Les. DMA's are superb.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 6:27am