Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, November 20, 2019, 3:20pm
Found this (probable) fight of the year, via a preview in Boxing News. Its on iplayer, via BBC Scotland and it's an absolute belter with a real twist at the end. Both unbeaten , world class , young Scots who are friends out of the ring and , very unusually, put their unbeaten records on the line very early. One has the Commonwealth belt, the other the British title and both were outstanding amateurs. Was very impressed with farooq, who's my type of boxer

if you've got any interest in boxing, treat yourself to 40 minutes of a classic fight (and please don't reveal the result!)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 23, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 1
Good fight that, I can remember when I used to be as fit as them lads  :'( I boxed for 20 years and competed all over the region (in the 90’s) we’ve had some good talent come out of Grimsby over the years, my old coach/corner man Dave Raworth had over 130 fights, he’s still training now in his 70’s.

Thanks for posting that 👍
Posted by: forza ivano, November 24, 2019, 12:41am; Reply: 2
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Good fight that, I can remember when I used to be as fit as them lads  :'( I boxed for 20 years and competed all over the region (in the 90’s) we’ve had some good talent come out of Grimsby over the years, my old coach/corner man Dave Raworth had over 130 fights, he’s still training now in his 70’s.

Thanks for posting that 👍

No problem. Ae someone said on the boxing forums I'd be quite happy just watching British title fights ,usually top quality with a bit of edge and plenty of effort
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 2:58am